+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerry is The Man -- Now What?

Just curious... now that we know the candidates -- who wins and by how much?

My take is Bush by 8%.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    I have a Vietnam veteran in my house, as I type, that would not piss down Kerry's throat if his heart was on fire! Kerry will have a hard time defending his voting record versus his latest rhetoric. Also, he has already demonstrated his lack of core beliefs with his response to this softball question:

George Bush says God is on our side in the war on terror. Is he right?

Kerry stumbled around for 10 or 15 seconds with a nonsensical answer and then said he wasn't sure!

I have little use for liberals especially one's that obviously have no real core beliefs.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

My pick for softball question is from this past weekend's debate in NY asked by a professed liberal reporter from the NYT:

Q. Sir, Are you a liberal?
    A. Now just a minute. I voted with blah blah blah... Does that make me a conservative? I don't like labels...

Q. But sir, You ARE in New York City!! (i.e. it's ok to say you're a lib)
    A. Blah blah blah.. labels bad.

So let's see... don't call him a liberal - he doesn't like labels. But guess who's the first one to label the radical fringe out-of-the-mainsteam "far right?"

So really he should have answered... "Hi. My name is John Kerry. I am a Mass. Liberal... But if I admit it I'll get my butt kicked like Dukakis in '88."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Kerry will WIN!!!
    Beat the Bush with a stick!
    Bush says what people want to hear.
    No more politics for me. Only Tech sports.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg
    Kerry will WIN!!!
    Beat the Bush with a stick!...
    ...only if walking, talking brain donors vote for him!

By the way, any one remember our slogan last football season?

BRING IT ON...sound familiar?

We lost 58% of our games!

Best quote...

Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction. If you don't believe that you shouldn't vote for me. -- John Kerry, March 2003

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Cartek ... I need a source ... that is TOO funny ...

Former Louisiana Tech math professor Ron Salmen to fellow math professor George Butler, as Butler exits Salmen's class: Folks there goes the only walkin', talkin' brain donor I've ever seen!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Actually that is useful but I was referring to the Kerry quote ... thanks

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...war-uast_x.htm

"If you don't believe ... Saddam Hussein is a threat with nuclear weapons, then you shouldn't vote for me," he said.

I would like to know what the ... is, personally.

IMHO Bush is going to eat Kerry alive with his inconsistent stances. Sure, the Dems will fire back with some pretty effective quips of their own, but Kerry has to explain why his stance then was acceptable and GWB's stance then was evil.

I really think the Democrats offered up a less than stellar opponent here. They had a big opportunity to disassociate themselves with the far left in choosing Joe L. I think they might have had a legit shot with him. I have a hard time seeing Kerry in the White House come next year, but hey, stranger things have happened and if the American people vote for Kerry, we will very much deserve it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    How more left can you go than a Kerry-Gephardt ticket? If that happens, it's a landslide.

From an article entitled "War Issue Presents Challenge for Dem Candidates" by Jill Lawrence of USA TODAY (02-11-2003):

Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran, helped found Vietnam Veterans Against the War. He said he respects war protesters: "I've been there. I know how tough it is." He also defended voting last year for a resolution authorizing the president to use force against Iraq. "If you don't believe...Saddam Hussein is a threat with nuclear weapons, then you shouldn't vote for me," he said.

Oops, I see I was beaten to the punch!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I enjoyed Kerry's comment about God. He said he believed in GOD, just not the way George Bush did. I am curious, I would think that would be a yes or no question. The interviewer of course let him off the hook. I would have gone for further explanation. I wonder if his knowlege of the Bible is as great as some of his former competitors. Watching him fumble around trying to answer makes me think his knowlege is very limited.

For the record, I understand -- no joke -- that Kerry's paternal grandparents were jewisk (Kohlberg...I think) and that they changed their names at Ellis Island. Kerry's maternal grandparents were Irish Catholic. Thus, Kerry is likely a non-practicing Catholic or perhaps even agnostic.

+ Reply to Thread