+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking forward to next year?

What do you guys think the dogs need to do in the off season to have a better season next year?
    Of course we need a point gaurd, but what other changes need to be made?

Any predictions for our record next season?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    A 6'-11" 270 center who averages ~3.5 blocked shots per game would be nice.

This team with a PJ Brown or Willie Simmons would dominate their opponents.

Is that realistic?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    How about a new coach????

we know thats not going to happen. At least not this year
    .500 isnt too bad in the admins eyes

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Lift weights, run, play basketball every day at every opportunity. Do their homework, pass their course work, avoid accidents and jail and putting a woman in danger of being a mother, etc.
    In other words, just live as boring a life as a monk!

Live life like a boring monk, and dont get into trouble?

we know that wont happen

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Here's what I think we need to do and what will get me excited for 05.

I hope we do not settle for a JC PG if we can find a good HS PG somewhere to come in and start. We should be able to attract a kid good enough to come in and play at that position from somewhere-I don't think he is in LA this year, but not sure. Dawg04 are we recruiting any HS PGs-I know you said we were on every JC PG that is a SR this year and that is very comforting-NOT. We should be able to sell the fact that he could come in and start and build something with 2 All-WAC caliber players for the next few years.

We do not need to sign another JC "big" man who is only 6'7 and 230 b/c next year we will have Thompson, Powell, Millsap, and Johnston all to play the 4-5 so whoever we sign won't be very good and will not play.

We need to sign the best JC PG we can find and the best HS PG we can find to start/back up the JC guy. NO ONE can run the point on our team.

Why did we sign Marcus Elliott? Does anyone think he is going to be better than Allick/Dean/Woods/Young?

Find a seat at the end of the bench for Young.

I think Allick will be ok at the 2 and have a better year although I was not that impressed with his play this year. IF he doesn't Dean can play the 2 and Thompson can play the 3.

WE NEED TO GET IN SHAPE! Dean and Millsap played all year basically every minute.
    powell, johnston, and thompson all need to get in shape and be ready to play on both ends of the court.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    KR isn't going anywhere-he has won over 60% of his games and the powers that be are satisfied with that, unfortunately 1/2 of those games came against Jackson St, Montevallo, and Tougaloo and not conference games. IF he doesn't get to the NCAAs during Millsaps 4 years he never will. I hope he is on the phone tonight recruiting some better players to help take him there-not that this was the players fault but we could be better and several positions and we are young-experience will be on our side next year but having better players wouldn't hurt either.

Find a seat at the end of the bench for Young.
    He has one of the highest amount of minutes played on the entire team. KR must see something in him.

I may be a bit partial, but I dont think that he needs a seat on the bench. He needs to work hard in the offseason and be able to hit the J when the dogs come back.
    Juemichael did make some bad decisions but he still has the potential to be a great player.
    We will see what happens though.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    We've been a player away from being very good for years now. However, I believe the best thing that could happen for our team is a change in the head coach. I'm not necessarily calling for a coaching change, but a change in the coach. KR puts up many communication barriers between himself and his team and even his assistants. He comes off as being totally self-absorbed. Nobody likes working for that type of boss and, therefore, it really affects productivity. Secondly, we need a team leading type of point guard. This person doesn't have to be a phenomenal athlete, he just needs to be a team player and have a thorough understanding of the game. He also may have to serve as a sort of liason b/t Richard and the team. It will take a very special person.

+ Reply to Thread