+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voodoo economics FAILS again!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    This whole unemployment thing is horse crap, unemployment rates were the same in this country today as they were when Clinton ran for re-election and I do not remember that being a hot campaign topic. Besidesthere are more people in America today that are simply not looking for work.

I don't care though, I have 2 jobs :wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    The one thing you can count on Boyd is he is very -

CONSISTENT - with his views

They don't waffle -

Nader JR with a lot more poundage and a little less height...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Where's the money going Dwayne? Investors ... not workers.
    I'm an investor... and I'm a worker... and my wife and I together make less than $75k a year. The extra money from the tax cut is going to support my Stelly tax bill. I just love big government!

But, perhaps I cannot be trusted since I am so wealthy.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    The EVIL Investor Class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    President Bush's Tax Relief Means Job Growth in New Hampshire

Employers to John Kerry: Tax Cuts Create Jobs

MANCHESTER, NH - On March 11, 2004, New Hampshire small business employers spoke candidly about the positive impact of President Bush's tax relief.

Despite being faced with unforeseen economic obstacles, an inherited recession, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, corporate scandals and war - small business employers have been able to grow their businesses and create jobs because of President Bush's decisive leadership. Laura Monica, president of High Point Communications Group and George Kassas, president of Cedar Point Communications, offered a real-life snapshot of how President Bush's tax relief proposal creates jobs.

Kassas spoke about his firm's expansion since its creation in 2001: "Our company has grown 45 times in the last three and a half years. When we first began, I was the only employee, and today we have grown to nearly 100-strong. Not only have we increased production at Cedar Point, but we have serviced manufacturing out to other firms throughout New Hampshire because of the expanded opportunities our investments provide."

Monica said, "The tax-relief President Bush moved forward has allowed us to write off investments in new equipment faster. This means I owe fewer taxes to the federal government, my company's cash flow increases and I'm able to invest further. At High Point Communications, that investment has meant new jobs."

Bush-Cheney '04 Co-Chair Nancy Merrill said, "The negative drumbeat from Sen. Kerry's campaign belies the facts of the last three years. Productivity is high, business investment is rising, interest rates and inflation are low; home ownership is at the highest rate ever and we've just added more than a quarter million new jobs over the last six months.

"John Kerry likes to raise taxes. During his time as Senator he's voted to raise them 350 times and now he's at it again. If elected, he'd raise taxes by $900 billion, putting the burden back on the American people. That isn't how we're going to continue to move the economy forward.

"John Kerry just doesn't get it - raising taxes destroys jobs. Where President Bush offers solutions to the problems facing our small business employers and families, Kerry plays on American's fears and offers only pessimism and negativity. During this critical time in our nation's history, we need a leader with bold ideas to keep our economy moving forward. Solutions create jobs, not political scare tactics," Merrill said.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Go do that voodoo, that you do so well!

James Cramer, host of CNBC's "Kudlow & Cramer" and admitted Democrat, penned a column for today's Wall Street Journal where he argues that "the economic policies pursued by this President have been a stunning empirical success." Cramer voices his disbelief at the strong economy, but applauds the remarkable progress it has made under President Bush's pro-growth policies. He concludes by cautioning his peers, "This time it's not the economy, stupid."

To listen to the critics of President Bush's economic policies, you'd think that the nation's on the brink of economic catastrophe. Not a single Democratic candidate is willing to accept, even for a moment, that the president might be on the right economic track with large deficit spending and lower income and investment taxes. ...
    Wait a second. I'm a Democrat, one who helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for Democratic candidates nationally in the last two decades. I voted for Al Gore.

But I'm also an objective financial commentator. With stocks at two-year highs and interest rates, as represented by the 10-year treasury, hovering near all-time lows, I can't help reach a different conclusion from Mr. Bush's critics: The economic policies pursued by this president have been a stunning empirical success.

If you'd told me two years ago, in the wake of 9/11 and the collapse of the stock bubble, that we could have 8% GDP growth, I'd have laughed. ... If you'd told me we could have 8% GDP growth and long-term rates at 4%, I'd have said that such a combination was impossibly Pollyannaish, a proverbial smooth concoction of oil and water. And if you'd told me that we could have a robust stock market, with a broad array of 52-week highs in dozens of sectors, I'd have told you that you were dreaming. ... Yet that's exactly what we have right now.

So, critics, keep baying against the policies. Keep calling for higher taxes or fiscal responsibility. But as someone who's stuck looking at the daily scorecard as represented by the impossible-to-manipulate markets themselves, the judgment's already in: The Bush economic policies have worked beyond what anyone could have hoped for. Or, to put it in parlance my party might understand, This time it's not the economy, stupid.

Cramer's article in the Wall Street Journal (subscription required)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vermont Republican Party
    100 State Street, Suite 2
    P.O. Box #70
    Montpelier, VT 05601
    Tel: (802) 223-3411
    Fax: (802) 229-1864
    Email: VTGOP@VTGOP.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    EXCELLENT! Thanks for posting this article.

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Just remember,

If you are in college and are not a liberal you have no heart.

If you are out of college and are not a conservative you have no job.

Now I am a double conservative since I not only have a job, but also a teenage daughter.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar
    I don't see this horrible economy and I am tired of everyone pointing at it. since everything looks right with the world, now it's unemployment.

When I graduated and entered the technology sector, I had multiple job offers. I literally got to pick my favorite. This was before the "recovery". In the mean time, there's not a restaurant in Ruston that doesn't have an "applicants welcome" sign on the front.

This whole unemployment fiasco is just the same old liberal finger point with no basis in fact. After years of biased media, it's just easy to dupe the average American into believing that a conservative President is somehow "anti-job" and "anti-poor".

BTW -> If you're talking about Louisiana jobs, point at Baton Rouge, not the hill.

I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. One of my friends is the same way. Only, he's a registered Republican because he feels economic matters are more important, and I'm a registered Democrat because I think social matters are more important. (Though the Democrats seem to be straying from that more and more recently)

I havent complained about unemployment, I dont think. However, I think the government is spending way too much. Bush's budget plan for the next year was insane, and it didnt even include the money necessary for Iraq.

And what's up with Bush wanting this Constitutional Amendment against gay marriage. If you ask me, thats the opposite of what a Conservative would want. I thought you guys were all about State's Rights and "less government control over daily life". Yet all Bush has done in office is increase government interference in daily life.

I may not like Kerry, but I still think he'd be much better than Bush.

Republicans are for state's rights until they threaten the sanctity of the United States of America. This precedent was set by Abraham Lincoln.

A decay of religous beliefs an well as straying from societal values (same-sex marriages apply to both) are just two of the dangerous paths this country is going down.

I want to preserve the United States of America and will vote for the only Presidental candidate willing to do the same!

http://www.geocities.com/bramlett2000/achindex.html

(what a great link!)

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Hey Daybreaker there is no such thing as a liberal politician in the US. There are only degrees of conservatives. If you want to see liberal politics you have look overseas to the EU.

I am as far to the right as one can get, but I also understand that the government can not dictate morals on people, nor can they force immoral behavior. We all choose what we will or will not do which comes from within and defines who we are. Unfortunately too many people have no moral standard and float on what feels good or what others say is right. At the end of the day we are all going to stand at the throne are going to understand that there is absolute right and wrong. I am just glad I came to that realization before it was too late.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I am as far to the right as one can get, but I also understand that the government can not dictate morals on people, nor can they force immoral behavior. We all choose what we will or will not do which comes from within and defines who we are. Unfortunately too many people have no moral standard and float on what feels good or what others say is right. At the end of the day we are all going to stand at the throne are going to understand that there is absolute right and wrong. I am just glad I came to that realization before it was too late.
    I agree that the gov. can not dictate morals. The problem is that with the liberal agenda people are introducing ideas as acceptable to our children. I have no problem at all with what people do until it crosses the line and impacts our children. The liberal left would have the gay lifestyle introduced in schools as an alternative lifestyle. Then they would turn around and hand our children birth control and allow children to have abortions without your knowledge. At some point Christians need to stand up and demand this be stopped. We have the right to raise our children as we see fit. However, the liberals want to cram thier agenda down our throats. We are labeled as Fundamentalist (like that is a bad thing), or any other label. I agree that we will each have to stand before God and be accountable. However, I am one parent that doesn't want her children to have to see the trash society is throwing our way and trying to make people think it is OK. It is not. I have said this before and I will repeat myself. Christians need to take a stand. I can not understand how a Christian can ever pull a lever for a democrat.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker
    I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. One of my friends is the same way.
    Did you know that there's a party for people like yall?

www.lp.org

+ Reply to Thread