+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Pep Band"

Puppy ArkDawgg is an unknown ArkDawgg's Avatar
    Since Griz fans have been praising their pep band I was wondering, is a pep band any different than a band, like Tech's. If so, what is it?

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar
    Often imitated, never duplicated

The Hoop Troop is one of a kind, a breed of its own.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar
    Yeah, as a member of the Hoop Troop for five years, I guarantee that the Montana pep band WILL NOT show up the Hoop Troop. From what I've heard, the Hoop Troop has had to "keep it clean" this year at the request of President Renau, but I can tell you, now that post-season is here, the Hoop Troop will embarrass the Montana pep band. The Hoop Troop will taunt the Griz team so bad, and I'll get a kick out of it listening from home. Go Tech! Go Hoop Troop!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Bjude, I grew up in Broadmoor behind the Southland Mall, and graduated from HLB, albeit some time ago. What's your story.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar
    Bossdawg,
    I grew up in Summerfrield, graduated from Vandebilt in "98, and went to Tech for college

Bossdawg,
    I grew up in Summerfrield, graduated from Vandebilt in "98, and went to Tech for college

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    My folks live in Summerfield, but I graduated from HS in '94 and Tech in '00 and had a military stint in between.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    Yeah i was in hoop troop while back, no pep band can hang with ours. When you're band can intimidate and heckle a player to go 0-11 straight shots in a game (Techsters vs SMU of 02 in Ruston), then you can talk. I remember from a news thread in '00 that Pat Summit dislike us on how we taunt her players (thats cool!).

bjude64, i miss being drunk and playing during postseason with the techsters.

I mean no disrespect by this, but our band can bring it too. I would rather try and razz each other's teams and then party after the game with ya'll than get into a "who's better?" match. All I can say is that we are known in the Big Sky as a nasty (yet clever) and mean (yet beloved by our teams) band, and have drawn everything from tears to "birds" and moons from players, coaches, refs, and even the other team's assisistent AD. In my 6 seasons of experience in the band, we've sometimes been the only fans making noise, so we've learned how to make it count. I hope you make it to the game here in our wonderful town. I'll be happy to take you guys out for a beer or two. I look forward to seeing your dirty work. We can always stand to improve our heckling skills by learning from masters of the trade.

Be aware that we won't be a full strength until the second half. Our fine arts dept. is having a huge fundraising concert that takes away almost the whole trombone section, as well as two trumpets, so unfortunately, some of our most vocal (bones) may not get to the game until late...unfortunately. However, I and my bone playing buddies will arrive asap after our concert.

Tony

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks Tony. Sounds like it will be a fun atmosphere with the Hoop Troop and your pep band.

As for our band and fans, ask Jodie Conradt why she want come to the TAC anymore. :-)

Puppy ArkDawgg is an unknown ArkDawgg's Avatar
    Cool, go ahead and scream your lungs out. Techsters thrive in those situations, but you'll find out about that Saturday night! And if (hopefully when) we win do you think you could get your band to come yell at us while we're playing Texas Tech.
    Good Luck, may the best TEAM win.
    We all know who has the best BAND IN THE LAND... UAPB!!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I would think that the home crowd would be cheering for us against Texas Tech. Most home crowds will cheer for the team that beat them.

Puppy dawgs4life is an unknown
    Just and update, a full hoop troop is going to Montana, 30 students. They are definately ready for this weekend.

Cool

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Ya'll are being to sound like NwState folks. Whose band is the best?

Limit the trash talk to the game. And don't embarass the rest of us.

+ Reply to Thread