+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montana

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    This should be an interesting game. Montana has a slow deliberate half court game, while we thrive on a fast paced up tempo game. Whomever dictates the pace will probably win this one.

Their PG is pretty good and is a good ball handler. Tasha will have her work cut out for her. They have probably not seen a badgering defense like ours before, though. Erica and Amber should be able to get plenty of steals.

I worry about Amisha and Frierson in this one. Montana has some big post players that might be good defenders. Frierson has the moves to get past them, but she is going to have to work hard. Amisha has to play tough. I have seen her do that.

We might not wear them down, as their bench appears to not be a drop off from their starters.

I guess we will see how much of a difference there is between the Big Sky Conference (where they went undefeated) and the WAC.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    One previous meeting, with Lady Techsters winning 70-66 in 1991-92 at the Rainbow Wahine Classic.

Their coach, Robin Selvig (male), has accumulated a 602-172 record in 26 seasons at the helm.

should be a good game i hope
    i hear your team is really good, so we'll see what happens
    i don't think their ready for griz atmosphere

Not ready for the Griz atmosphere?!

Look, I have no particular attachment to La Tech except that they beat my Lady Owls twice and thus I want them to win and make us look good. And, as an unbiased observer, your contention is downright absurd.

La Tech played at Tennessee and at Penn St. this year (beating #1 seed Penn St. as you might not know). Now, I don't want to burden you with statistics, but these are the home attendance numbers for this season:

Montana: 4022
    Penn St.: 9866
    Tennessee: 14,076

In particular, Tennessee drew 11,084 for the La Tech game, and Penn St. drew 8283 for their loss to the Lady Techsters. Call me crazy, but something tells me the Techsters aren't going to be intimidated by Montana's--what did you call it?--pep band.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words, Amber. I agree with her, the one and only thing that had been good about the WAC for the Techsters is their traveling schedule. GOing to Montana won't be a problem for the Techsters, and I don't really see Montana playing a home game hurting the Techsters. The "Griz atmosphere" may be excited at first, but that will die down after a couple minutes. It may be close for the first half - maybe-, but I see Tech pulling away in the second half. I can't see Montana being able to keep the pace of the type of game the Techsters will run. Go Techsters!

haha Techsters to the final four
    Its gonna be a good ride

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    LOL The Griz atmosphere and pep band huh? One day we will have to invite them to the TAC. :-)

well we really dont have that much room to talk about the TAC.
    We could be 10 times louder. And bring 3 times more people.

I do admit that the hoop troop does a good job.

Heh, funny how perspective works...I wrote a column on how incredible I thought the atmosphere at the TAC was...perhaps the Rice game was an aberration with respect to what you're saying, though.

No, Dont get me wrong I love the atmosphere of the TAC in comparison to the amount of people who are in there.
    I missed 1 home game this year (Rice) because school wasnt in session. I sit courtside at every game and I feel like I am one of the loudest people in the TAC.

I love the atmosphere, but I just think that it could be better if we packed the TAC.

i don't think our team will get tired, your team will
    lets see its called sea level, you guys play, i don't right around it, up here in "montana", its around 1200 or so, i think you guys will come out strong , but weaken in the second half. we have good subs, and 2 big girls. i know you guys a good and have big girls, i just think it will be a close game, and come down to the tempo of the game, and the crowd and home court advantage
    are you guys being down your pep band, if so thats cool

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I'm already bored with Montana. Afterall, it is a "Big Sky" conference team.

Can't we go ahead and talk about our 2nd round game against Texas Tech? Now THAT will be a tough game.

HD

texas tech isnt even going to be a good game.

they are too hurt

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steltz02
    texas tech isnt even going to be a good game.

they are too hurt
    I hope you're right. But I guarantee you Texas Tech will be a tougher game than Montana.

HD

haha Montana who? I already forgot about them

+ Reply to Thread