+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Super 1 Foods CUSA Baseball Championship

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: 2024 Super 1 Foods CUSA Baseball Championship

I guess Safford is saving his heroics for tonight, wink, wink… 0-30. A pack of tough Dawgs have to overcome their weak links. Get it done Tech!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I don’t see how we can be left out.

CUSA has had 3 bids before.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I guess Safford is saving his heroics for tonight, wink, wink… 0-30. A pack of tough Dawgs have to overcome their weak links. Get it done Tech!
    Yes, he is.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    After the loss yesterday our RPI dropped from 27 to 29. Since then we've won twice, but I have not seen an updated RPI.

44-16 and an RPI in the high 20's...should be good enough. Perhaps it is, I hope it is. But I will NEVER trust a selection committee controlled by ESPN et al. Short of winning the auto-bid I will wait with abated breath for the selection show on Monday.
    Please tell us about all the G5s who have been left out in the past who were in the low 30s and had 40 wins.

Stop fretting.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    In the post game with Gaspard, Dave addressed the elephant in the room. He also asked why he thought McConnell was struggling so much in the tournament.

As expected and a bit defensively, he replied with coach speak.

Conner Nation comes through again today. Not sure about sending him back out in the 8th, but he did all he could do with what he has to work with. Really happy for this young man.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    In the post game with Gaspard, Dave addressed the elephant in the room. He also asked why he thought McConnell was struggling so much in the tournament.

As expected and a bit defensively, he replied with coach speak.
    I heard it. Gaspard was struggling to find his words and offered up something about Safford being some sort of team spark plug. I’m not buying it and I doubt a number of the burden carrying Dawgs are buying it either. This is strictly a Burroughs’ special project that isn’t working. Like Burroughs says, “The game will find you.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Please tell us about all the G5s who have been left out in the past who were in the low 30s and had 40 wins.

Stop fretting.
    There are upsets happening in various conference tournaments. For instance, looks like ECU (RPI 19) is about to be bounced from the AAC tournament leaving Tulane, Wichita State, and FAU vying for the auto-bid. All three of those had no chance of getting an at-large bid, yet one of them will be in the NCAAs, as will ECU. Some team on the bubble is about to get bad news. Just one example. McNeese has reached the SLC championship game, probably the SLC was a one-bid league anyway, and Nicholls is their opponent tomorrow. LSU was on the outside looking in prior to the start of the SEC tourney, now they are a lock. Do you think they'll bump another SEC out? Fat chance! Say bye bye to another G5er.

If we fail to win the auto-bid, and DBU does, then we'll both be in. If Liberty wins the auto-bid, then will CUSA get 3 bids? If so, which bubble team gets bounced? I think a win tonight assures Tech is in the NCAAs. That way both Tech and DBU will be left standing, and the committee doesn't have to pick another team to leave out.

"fretting" is part of my nature.... can't help myself. I have found that overall, never taking anything for granted, especially such things beyond my control, has served me well.

If Tech can’t get into the national tournament with a record like they’ve got this year then the school might as well drop baseball because there’s really is no competing with the enormously favored SEC. Not really but it’s all just that ridiculous of a system.

At this point neither Tech nor DBU is on the bubble. They are both in

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

T2, 0-2 Liberty. These games are starting to all look the same.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to get a different result when all our pitching is the same. Suspect

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, every thrower we have has the same delivery. 3/4 sidearm. Once you see the ball from that slot enough, it’s easy to hit.

This is the most pitiful performance at the plate we have put on as a team in 5 years.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    This is the most pitiful performance at the plate we have put on as a team in 5 years.
    Every sport, every year. Biggest game, worst performance.

+ Reply to Thread