+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Super 1 Foods CUSA Baseball Championship

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 2024 Super 1 Foods CUSA Baseball Championship

The CBS TV guys summed it up, "this is a funky game." If ever the mantra "That's baseball" applies, games like today are it. No sense recounting the blow-by-blow disaster, except to say they had HR power and we had warning track power today.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hardest thing was knowing we had to get a good outing from someone from the jump. Smith wasn’t up to it, but you can’t know that until he takes the mound.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I didn't expect to win, so I wasn't upset at all. The way LB handled the bottom of the 9th was as classy as anything I've ever been around for a final home game. That made it worth the price of tickets.

We have some tough ass players. They may not get out of a regional, but it won't be due to lack of toughness.

Varsity Bulldog golfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I didn't expect to win, so I wasn't upset at all. The way LB handled the bottom of the 9th was as classy as anything I've ever been around for a final home game. That made it worth the price of tickets.

We have some tough ass players. They may not get out of a regional, but it won't be due to lack of toughness.
    As bad as I hate to admit, I ended up not watching when it got to 15-8, so I guess I don't deserve to ask this question. What did LB do during the bottom of the 9th?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by golfkdog View Post
    As bad as I hate to admit, I ended up not watching when it got to 15-8, so I guess I don't deserve to ask this question. What did LB do during the bottom of the 9th?
    I should have said top of the 9th. His first move was to replace Corona, who had been totally gassed defensively since last night. He allowed Corona to come out to the plate, then called a T.O. and replaced him with Evans. Corona walked to the dugout, then the fans (which L.B. knew would happen) did a curtain call for Corona to come out of the dugout. It was magical. He then made a couple of more pinch running subs for seniors and they got the same reaction. Really good stuff!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Agreed, that was very classy by LB. I was calling for Big Jorge to be replaced even earlier in the game. He was exhausted, and we have more games to play later this week. Overall, it was well done, and the players were all very deserving of the accolades.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

PD, we have seen things differently many times on this board. We can agree on one thing.La Tech has some tough ass players. They always have. Doesn’t matter the sport….the kids show up and compete, often times at a huge disadvantage as a result of decisions made beyond their control. We often times complain about how tough it is to be a fan of La Tech athletics, imagine what it is like to be a student athlete in today’s environment. Talk about doing more with less…..

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to think we can make noise in the right region. Our whole team save for Logan and Brody looked exhausted since the end of the 1st game yesterday. You guys are right that they will battle to the last regardless.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree!!!!!! I was SO proud of our players and coaching staff yesterday!

Puppy TexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the rough

This is a good post. I appreciate this.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Food poisoning and dehydration wrecked havoc on our squad from the Sam Houston game on -

If you weren't sitting in the stands, you have no idea on how brutal the heat and humidity was - couple that with food poisoning and it could of spelled disaster

They played 5 games in 72 hours (4 with in 48 hours)

How they kept from getting run ruled vs DBU was a testament to their toughness - Heffner wanted to run rule us to avoid any chance of us getting a spark and having a successful comeback (he knows the Love Shack Magic)

They used every player on the tournament roster this weekend (27 in total, I believe)

The send off for the seniors was the best thing I've ever seen at Tech - couldn't of been handled in a better and classier way by LB as PawDawg mentioned

The tournament was well run - never ran out of ice or cold drinks, food was decent - only complaint was the cleanliness of the main stairway entrances could of been cleaned better and baseball parking should of been for BASEBALL Saturday - an event of this magnitude TRUMPS graduation

Guys our bullpen was good over the course of the tournament - hitting was spotty after game one - we just had NO fresh arms for Sunday where were playing our 6th game and they were playing their 4th
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Dang, that is rough. Dehydration by itself is brutal. Food poisoning too: no wonder we had guys who looked like zombies for 3 games. Good and bad of it is we play the late game Friday, so heat won’t be a factor, but we turn around and play a little earlier on Saturday after the win. Tournament setup definitely tests your fitness and drive! Dawgs will be up for it!

Seems this is not the first time I have heard of our people getting sick from pregame meals. Can our local eateries not do this right?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Seems this is not the first time I have heard of our people getting sick from pregame meals. Can our local eateries not do this right?
    It would of been in-house (Aramark) - not everyone was effected but I do know that McConnell, AD, Bates, Davis and Corona were

Didn't hear of any issue with press, hospitality or general concessions
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It would of been in-house (Aramark) - not everyone was effected but I do know that McConnell, AD, Bates, Davis and Corona were

Didn't hear of any issue with press, hospitality or general concessions
    Aramark……geez

+ Reply to Thread