+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bicknell for real?

I've lurked for a longtime but decided I'd chime in today.

I talked to a longtime athletic supporter yesterday, and he was blown away with the attitude of Bicknell and some of his coaches at the dine-n-dash they sponsored for the team Monday night. Players were rude to the sponsors, disrespectful of some of the coaches, and generally out of freaking control. Bicknell was supposedly as bad as some of the players.

I saw the FSU game and wondered then how bad discipline was but don't wonder anymore. It doesn't take much to be polite, but I guess Bicknell knows that the oxygen is about to get turned off and the DNR sign is on the door.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Interesting post and pic 8O there BongDog. Thanks for the info I think. Seems about par for the course as we hear it. "Still lost in the 60's again!" HUH? :wink:

I wouldn't have thought you would have gotten off on the bong based on your previous posts but thanks anyway. If your interested, you can snag one at www.grasscity.com.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BongDog
    I've lurked for a longtime but decided I'd chime in today.

I talked to a longtime athletic supporter yesterday, and he was blown away with the attitude of Bicknell and some of his coaches at the dine-n-dash they sponsored for the team Monday night. Players were rude to the sponsors, disrespectful of some of the coaches, and generally out of freaking control. Bicknell was supposedly as bad as some of the players.

I saw the FSU game and wondered then how bad discipline was but don't wonder anymore. It doesn't take much to be polite, but I guess Bicknell knows that the oxygen is about to get turned off and the DNR sign is on the door.
    I have heard nothing of this, can someone or you fill me in on this dinner and what happened.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Unfortunately - all too real...

And it will probably take more than a few tokes to make this season bearable -

I have a feeling that Monty's bloodymarys will be in short supply by 10:00am on game days and I seriously doubt that icechests make it home this fall with adult beverages still untapped -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by BongDog
    I wouldn't have thought you would have gotten off on the bong based on your previous posts but thanks anyway. If your interested, you can snag one at www.grasscity.com.

Huh>> No thanks. 8O :shock:

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    So what happened, DFM?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    Don't know -

Just seconding that unfortunately JBIII is STILL for "REAL"....

I'm sure that if's it true/untrue one of the Monroe crowd will chime in soon...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    BongoDog need to provide specifics. Put down that pipe and tell us!

I can only report what the dude told me. Players were rude and disrespectful of almost everyone at the dine-n-dash. Players dressed like they were gangsters with their shorts held up by their joints. Grabbing food off the serving line. Taking decorations from the room after being asked not to. Bicknell and Malvo supposedly laughed off comments about their behavior, while Jackson and Perot were supposedly upset with the players.

I'm not perfect but I got to say: if they act like this at home, how do they act on the road in hotels? Not that I'm a big disciplinarian, but I hate rude and boorish people; the description provided me describes rude and boorish people. I have to believe that the players act like that when they are on the road.

Finally, you guys are going to have to go Coptic to make it through the season; beer and vodka won't get you through. Fatboys will be the order of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    [quote:ac9fbb33d1="BongDog"]I wouldn't have thought you would have gotten off on the bong based on your previous posts but thanks anyway. If your interested, you can snag one at www.grasscity.com.
    Huh>> No thanks. 8O :shock:[/quote:ac9fbb33d1]

No disrespect intended, dude.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    MADDAWGNBAMA is gonna like the bong's motif!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Even if capable . . . Bicknell has ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE to even try to win this season. He's a big lame duck. He'll need to have a miracle year to save his job now that the buyout is more palatable (for the administration anyway) and after the last two fiasco seasons.

I'm expecting him to take us to levels we've never seen. I'm talking a University of Buffalo season. Hopefully the lack of discipline won't result in a freakish ESPN headline.

SMU's "death penalty" is starting to look like a small hurdle compared to Bicknell coaching.

Hell, I'm going to start drinking now . . .

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    Even if capable . . . Bicknell has ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE to even try to win this season. He's a big lame duck. He'll need to have a miracle year to save his job now that the buyout is more palatable (for the administration anyway) and after the last two fiasco seasons.

I'm expecting him to take us to levels we've never seen. I'm talking a University of Buffalo season. Hopefully the lack of discipline won't result in a freakish ESPN headline.

SMU's "death penalty" is starting to look like a small hurdle compared to Bicknell coaching.

Hell, I'm going to start drinking now . . .
    Now, now. you're going to bring the wrath of Techsas Dog and others down on you for being so negative. Besides, have those reports that started this thread been substantiated?

Where is your Confidence. Bick is going to turn it around and have a great year. Let's all get behind him.

Kum ba ya (Spelling?)!

I found out last nite that there is more than a hint of truth to Kronic Dude's post -

Bill Cox was basically verbally assaulted, Petey Perot was (how it was described to me) basically shoved out of the way when he stepped in to stop it by one of the players -

Get ready folks - its gonna be a LONG, FRUSTRATING season and the university will probably get embarassed several times along the way....

Sad thing is - it is not even JUNE and they are acting this way...

+ Reply to Thread