+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bicknell for real?

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BongDog
    I'm a herbal American!
    As am I. Don't quit posting BongDog. We could use another "Green Party" member on the Pawlitics board.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I was gonna post here, but then I got high!--credit to Afroman.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I am one of the one's who put aside any desire to fire Bicknell once the decision was made to retain him and decided to support him because he is the head football coach at Louisiana Tech, my alma mater that I love so dearly.

I think his handling of the Ralph Davis situation was correct and hope that type of action will occur in future situations.

But I will institute a "zero tolerance" policy with him. Any BS from him or his players that goes unpunished will force me to join the ranks of Beef.

Any repeat performances of his team and his coaching likes the LSU, Hawaii or Rice debacles will turn the table.

To clarify, making bad coaching decisions is one thing but to not admit them is another.
    Clyde

I lost all respect for Bicknell after the cell phone incident during a game last year...

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    I lost all respect for Bicknell after the cell phone incident during a game last year...
    What was the "cell phone incident"? :?:

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    What is the "cell phone incident" :?:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Just be ready for more incidents like this -

Not canning him on the first opportunity is going to come back and haunt us big-time this fall...

And I hope that ones that stood in the way remember that they are getting what they asked for...

Can anyone say 1-11?
    Around October of 2004, the $400,000 buyout of Bicknell's contract LAST SEASON (after 2003 Rice game) is going to look damn cheap. But we knew it would.

HD

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    One of our many "well disciplined" players took a cell phone call on the bench during a game last year....no discipline given afterward :cry:

-------------------------------------

Maybe they were giving a recommendation for Coach Bick to another school :lol:

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    They weren't well behave at the H-Bowl I tell you, I was there chill'n at my hotel 2-3 miles away from theres. At 2 am before the game, why were they out and about in the same hotel as mine, i don't know.

Bicknell is an idiot and a pushover. We have no leadership at all in our football program. Dan Reneau and Oakes need to get rid of him soon and quick.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Clyde, don't put yourself through the misery!!!!! "avoid the rush..."!!!!!

See you at F&H

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    [quote:4885047858="HogDawg"][quote:4885047858="Dwayne From Minden"]I found out last nite that there is more than a hint of truth to Kronic Dude's post -

Bill Cox was basically verbally assaulted, Petey Perot was (how it was described to me) basically shoved out of the way when he stepped in to stop it by one of the players -

Get ready folks - its gonna be a LONG, FRUSTRATING season and the university will probably get embarassed several times along the way....

Sad thing is - it is not even JUNE and they are acting this way...
    You hit the nail on the head HD, the players KNOW Bicknell is a loser and that he doesn't know shit about coaching.

You can probably thank Tech's "over-recruitment of JUCOS" for this kind of behavior. It's the "herd mentality" hitting the slippery slope. The players don't respect Bicknell and his staff, and they certainly don't fear him.

The players know the same thing we know: Bicknell is a loser and he's impotent as a football coach. He needs to go. This is the kind of shit that will hurt a school's reputation, and as an alumni, I don't appreciate it.

HD[/quote:4885047858][/quote:4885047858]

I can validate DFM's comments about Bill Cox and Bicknell being an ass. We oughta hire a hooker to say she slept with him, so we could use the MORAL TURPITUDE clause in his contract to rid ourselves of him!

BTW, Jack, if you want to know who I am...I'm the guy you blew off the day you got hired as HC...you blew me off because you had to leave for Monroe at 3:30 for you 6:00 interview in Monroe. What an idiot!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    [quote:ff024cded3="glm47"][quote:ff024cded3="HogDawg"][quote:ff024cded3="Dwayne From Minden"]I found out last nite that there is more than a hint of truth to Kronic Dude's post -

Bill Cox was basically verbally assaulted, Petey Perot was (how it was described to me) basically shoved out of the way when he stepped in to stop it by one of the players -

Get ready folks - its gonna be a LONG, FRUSTRATING season and the university will probably get embarassed several times along the way....

You hit the nail on the head HD, the players KNOW Bicknell is a loser and that he doesn't know shit about coaching.

You can probably thank Tech's "over-recruitment of JUCOS" for this kind of behavior. It's the "herd mentality" hitting the slippery slope. The players don't respect Bicknell and his staff, and they certainly don't fear him.

The players know the same thing we know: Bicknell is a loser and he's impotent as a football coach. He needs to go. This is the kind of shit that will hurt a school's reputation, and as an alumni, I don't appreciate it.

HD[/quote:ff024cded3][/quote:ff024cded3]

I can validate DFM's comments about Bill Cox and Bicknell being an ass. We oughta hire a hooker to say she slept with him, so we could use the MORAL TURPITUDE clause in his contract to rid ourselves of him!

BTW, Jack, if you want to know who I am...I am easy to find![/quote:ff024cded3]

What do Dr. Dan and JO have to say about this incident? Someone should call and wake their a$$ up in Montana.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    [quote:94e811946d="CARTEK"][quote:94e811946d="glm47"][quote:94e811946d="HogDawg"][quote:94e811946d="Dwayne From Minden"]I found out last nite that there is more than a hint of truth to Kronic Dude's post -

HD[/quote:94e811946d][/quote:94e811946d]

BTW, Jack, if you want to know who I am...I am easy to find![/quote:94e811946d]

What do Dr. Dan and JO have to say about this incident? Someone should call and wake their a$$ up in Montana.[/quote:94e811946d]

Let me go ahead and answer that for you. They think "out of sight and out of mind". I'm so fed up w/ them, it's disgusting.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough
    Dwayne, A source I have close to Coach Perot says the incident stated about him did not take place.Ialso know 'Big Sky' well enough to say that is not going to happen to him.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I wasn't there and don't know point by point what went down, but we were lucky that an out and out brawl didn't break out...

I was informed that Coach Perot and Coach Jackson acted and kept things under control as best they could...

It was an embarassing and humiliating moment for the few fans and parents who were there....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough
    That one incident is the only part that was discussed

+ Reply to Thread