+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making a phone call to Rusron

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    So true, Amber.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    [quote:52e504563b="dawg80"]I REALLY don't want this to deterioate (sp?) into who is dumb, dumber, dumbest....but, there is a fact that should be known. While I don't doubt the existence of some fairly "challenged" country boys, the truth is, whites in Louisiana perform ABOVE the national average on tests such as the ACT and SAT. Louisiana's scores are brought down by the African American population. If you want, I'll provide a link to the state's Dept of Education.
    Lets see the link. I think you are way off on this one. Lets see the numbers from the dept of education that show that white people score Above the national overall average AND show that there is a bigger discrepancy between our state and other southern states when it comes to whites and blacks. Enough of a discrepancy to cause us to perform so poorly overall.

I think you will find that we are in the same boat as Miss., Arkansas, Alabama, etc...

Whites score much better than blacks everywhere in the south.[/quote:52e504563b]

The link:

http://www.doe.state.la.us/lde/comm/pr.asp?PR=481

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Those numbers are kind of my point. Whites scored right above average and blacks were behind, just like any other southern state. Those spreads are not any different from our neighbors....

We score poorly overall as a country and certainly as a state, we are not helping. And not just with ACT and SAT scores, academics in general below the college level are in a free fall everywhere..

+ Reply to Thread