+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a phone call to Rusron

The Missoulian called around to learn about the hometowns of the visiting NCAAW teams - including Ruston

<A HREF="http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2004/03/19/news/local/news05.txt">Ringing' Up Ruston</A>

Sorry the link didn't take. Try www.missoulian.com, then Local news, then Phone calls.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    Hey, I learned something about the founding of Ruston that maybe I should have leared during my years there as a student

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar
    "That there are evidently so many beautiful young women named Melissa living near the campus of Louisiana Tech, that Louisiana's most recent contestants in both the Miss America and Miss USA pageants hailed from Ruston (that'd be Melissa Clark and Melissa McConnell)?"

This may explain why so many of us who agree with you that MT is a beautiful place stay in Louisiana. I know that is why I'm still here.

Have you ever seen the skin on the women from the high country of the west? Let's just say it matches the decription of Ruston peaches in the phone call article.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Man, how right you are Yobref. I went up to CO one year to visit a friend of mine that lived up there. I expressed to him how I thought the women of the mountain region would be so beautiful. Blonde, Tan, outdoorsy, in shape and not afraid to wear flannel two a 5star restarant. He told me I was pretty much correct except for one thing that he would point out later. We went to a grocery store in Divide and there she was, a CO woman and everything I had thought and dreamed they'd be . .. . until . .. . .we got up close and . . . she turned around. Now, if she had been in the south, with all her obvious "pluses", she would have been an absolute knock'out, but, the poor girl was so weathered it was unreal. This girl couldn't have been much older than 28-30 but she looked like she was 50 (ancient at the time). No longer did I lust for Mountain women, I was miraculously healed of my unknowing desires.
    Give me a redneck, daisy duke wear'n, budwiser drink'n, mudd hawg'n, two'step'n, slow pitch play'n, perch jerk'n girl anytime. LOL

Look there's another poster spouting off ignorant remarks. Good job. Way to make yourself look intelligent. You see one women from Colorado that wasn't attractive so that means all women in Montana are ugly and weathered. If I followed that line of reasoning since you are an idiot from Lousiana (or from somewhere in the south) that means everyone in the south is an idiot. I however know that just because you are an idiot doesn't mean everyone is an idiot.

Here is a quote from another board you might enjoy. It seems to fit the situation well.

I always find it amusing when people from Georgia Southern or Louisiana try to belittle Montana for being hick. I always notice none of them have ever been here or have ever left their county or Parish usually ("Is Montana in Canada?"). I know Montana is far from a cultural hot-bed, but I was in Loser-ana 2 years ago and you can't go anywhere without running into people straight out of "Deliverance" (I wish I had a dime for every time I was asked 'y'all like to hunt and fish'?), but they think Montana is the hick state. Ignorance (LA-48th highest SAT scores) really IS bliss.

Possible Pep-band chant: "SAT scores" clap-clap-clap-clap-clap "SAT scores"

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I REALLY don't want this to deterioate (sp?) into who is dumb, dumber, dumbest....but, there is a fact that should be known. While I don't doubt the existence of some fairly "challenged" country boys, the truth is, whites in Louisiana perform ABOVE the national average on tests such as the ACT and SAT. Louisiana's scores are brought down by the African American population. If you want, I'll provide a link to the state's Dept of Education.

But, it's PC to blast off stupid comments as long as they are aimed at white southerners. I doubt any of you will want to play the finger-pointing game of state's test scores when African Americans are involved.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Gee griz, an idiot? That hurts man, really really hurts.

Ya see the thing is, it was my friend who had been living in CO for quite a while that was making the point to ME. Not the other way around. Its true it was a general statement but does not apply to the 1 for every 10,000 that may be the exception. See, the same was true for a friend of mine from Michigan that came to Tech for Elec Engr, he always commented about the difference in the two areas as far as the ladies were concerned. Anyway, all you have to do is watch the next Miss USA/America or whatever they're calling it these days, and see what states, GENERALLY, the finalist are from.

I still can't believe you called me an idiot . . . . how shall I ever sleep tonight.

I was not trying to make a point about one state being smarter than the other because I really could care less. I guess my point was you shouldn't make generalizations about a whole region based off of one experience. Missoula is a college town and I promise you Choudawg there is plenty of women in this town that are just as attractive as any women down there. But to be honest I really don't care about that either. Maybe we should just get back to basketball trash talking because the people on this board are definately all about the trash talking.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    because the people on this board are definately all about the trash talking.
    Yep! We love to talk trash. Just remember that it is all in fun. We have a good time down here and hope "ya'll" are doing the same with all of this.

Ignorance (LA-48th highest SAT scores) really IS bliss.
    Good thing that 98% of us take the ACT.

Im sure we have the 48th highest scores for the ACT too.
    BUT IM Proud of it. I say it's better than 49 or 50.

HAHA GO LOUISIANA.

Puppy 2much is an unknown
    Good point, Stelz02. No one hardly takes the SAT in Louisiana. Everyone basically takes the ACT-American College Test. Dawg 80, African Americans are minorities, which means their scores doesn't have that much of an effect on the total percentage. You don't say that when its time to play a football or a basketball game. Anyway, Montana should rank #1 on the SAT, ACT, or any other test required in education. What else is there to do up there in the cold.

Puppy 2much is an unknown
    Good point, Stelz02. No one hardly takes the SAT in Louisiana. Everyone basically takes the ACT-American College Test. Dawg 80, African Americans are minorities, which means their scores doesn't have that much of an effect on the total percentage. You don't say that when its time to play a football or a basketball game. Anyway, Montana should rank #1 on the SAT, ACT, or any other test required in education. What else is there to do up there in the cold.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    I REALLY don't want this to deterioate (sp?) into who is dumb, dumber, dumbest....but, there is a fact that should be known. While I don't doubt the existence of some fairly "challenged" country boys, the truth is, whites in Louisiana perform ABOVE the national average on tests such as the ACT and SAT. Louisiana's scores are brought down by the African American population. If you want, I'll provide a link to the state's Dept of Education.
    Lets see the link. I think you are way off on this one. Lets see the numbers from the dept of education that show that white people score Above the national overall average AND show that there is a bigger discrepancy between our state and other southern states when it comes to whites and blacks. Enough of a discrepancy to cause us to perform so poorly overall.

I think you will find that we are in the same boat as Miss., Arkansas, Alabama, etc...

Whites score much better than blacks everywhere in the south.

Well, for whatever it's worth, the best correlation with SAT scores is socioeconomic class, not race. Of course, race still unfortunately loosely correlates with socioeconomic class, but it's a bit fallacious to look at the dichotomy solely on ethnic lines.

+ Reply to Thread