+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moved from General Sports & Conference Talk

Ok daybreaker... sources... what article are you quoting? And when did Al-Quaeda make this endorsement? During their last party convention in Buffalo, NY?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Slightly off the "who is worse, Bush or Kerry" subject....but it is related to politics.

A woman I know has been very active in the Democratic Party for 40+ years. She's a teacher, African American, about 60ish in age, and as liberal as they come....when it comes to economics. Like many, she is socially conservative: despises gays, thinks abortion is wrong, etc... but, in the past, like most of us, has voted her pocketbook, thinking she would be better off supporting the Dems...

The Stelly Plan has opened her eyes to the reality of the big tax and spend Dems. Yes, Stelly is a state tax, but as I said, it finally opened her eyes! As a teacher, she is concerned about her own pay, and the proper spending of money in education in general. I asked her to justify the Federal Dept of Education, created by Jimmy Carter and the Dems in 1979, as it is today. With its $50 billion annual budget.... she shook her head and said, our kids (Natchitoches) don't get on a schoolbus each morning and ride to Washington....that money should be here.

She summed it up by saying, she won't vote for Bush, and she doubts she can support Kerry too. "I just ain't gonna vote for any of them crooks," she said.

Point? Yes, she and I agree on one thing, there ain't a dime's worth of difference between the Repubs and the Dems anymore. They're like the BCS, and arguing who's worse, the SEC or the Big 12. They are in it together.

Vote for the Constitution Party or the Libertarian Party!
    Well, if you are a teacher and voted for Blanco, how do you feel now, no raises for at least 2 years, but the governer and state senate is about to vote on raises that will raise their salaries by 49%. Now that's a hell of a raise. How do you think that will pan out.

Also watch for these huge cuts to be put into our health care system and if you think gasoline is expensive now, wait until she imposes a 4% gas tax for improving roads and highways (which we were already supposed to have the money for, because everyone was already taxed for it in 1989).

Can we impeach the governor of Louisiana or is that just a federal thing?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Here is the article that Daybreaker posted in another thread, just after the Spain bombing, and then the responses I gave to that article in another thread.

Kerry may have the endorsement of Kim JongIl, but Bush has the endorsement of Al-Queda.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=4591197

Yeah, a terrorist is talking about using wisdom instead of force. Something their isn't clicking with me yet but I am sure it will come to me.

Oh, here goes. Please mister terrorist if we pull all of our troops out of Iraq will you leave us alone and call a truce, we can trust you right, I know that we can be friends in the end.

They did get one thing right though, "Kerry will kill our nation while it sleeps because he and the Democrats have the cunning to embellish blasphemy and present it to the Arab and Muslim nation as civilization." Kerry is a blasphemist.

Oh yeah I'm sure Al-Queda really thinks highly of Bush right now, especially since most of them are surrounding a guy that has a 25million price on his head and the only thing separating the pakistani's from him are those said Al-Queda members in the side of a mountain. Yeah Bush we want you to win.

[url]

If you are a state employee and are not getting raises this year, ie all educators and you are not pissed at your state government right now something is wrong with you.

Raises this year for governor $95,000 to $150,000 per year.

State Senate $36,000 to $54,000
    This does not include a $121 per day per diem and working only 3 days per week while in session. New office buildings will be built, and also a new parking garage.

So for their twelve week session 7x12 = 84 days, they will only work 36 days, but you will pay them $121 per day for 84 days not 36.

All of this while the state has a 500 million deficit to work with, and slashing everything but your taxes. Everyone needs to really talk to their representatives, after all these people as elected officials represent your needs through your vote.

So don't waste your vote by saying that is OK, and that you will live with their greedy agendas, who could give a rats ass about you.

+ Reply to Thread