+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A game of runs...

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    One of the Montana coaches said this was a game of runs and Tech's run came last...

Looking back, she is right.

We go up by 12... Montana comes back to within 2 at halftime.

Montana comes out on fire in the second half and we go down by 11.

We make a run and end up winning by 4.

Very interesting.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    i think we were outcoached tonite

and i do not mean that in a negative way

i have seen very few teams prepared like Montana was prepared PLUS their players executed

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Wish I could have seen the game. I was stuck watching Baylor here in Houston.

Sounded interesting on the Montana broadcasts though.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    our free throw and 3 point shooting kept us alive in this game

i think we were 6 of 9 behind the arc

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Selvig's 600+ wins are no fluke. That's why I was worried when the bracket came out.

Tech is in trouble against any team that can pound the post. But few teams will be able to protect the basketball against Tech that well. Montana must have gone maybe 12-14 minutes between turnovers in the middle of the game.

The selection committee probably thought the same thing. I am grateful to come out of this game with a 'W' since we played on their home court.

I was thinking the exact same thing when we went on our run in the 2nd half. I knew the Techsters would come back with a run of there own. When the shots stopped dropping for us I could tell it was going to be a nail biter. Turnovers were the key in the stretch. Even though you didn't force as many as you typically do, you sure got them when they counted.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Runs are the norm in basketball. The team that doesn't realize when its time to make a run comes always loses.
    The Griz announcer was crying during the postgame interview. Our football announcers about cried after seven of 12 games last fall!
    We understand losing far too well. Sorry there has to be a loser when two teams are so well matched!
    Hope you guys are back in the big dance next year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    Selvig's 600+ wins are no fluke. That's why I was worried when the bracket came out.

Tech is in trouble against any team that can pound the post. But few teams will be able to protect the basketball against Tech that well. Montana must have gone maybe 12-14 minutes between turnovers in the middle of the game.
    Montana only had 12 turnovers for the entire game. That's not bad against the Lady Techsters.

However, I do believe that Montana played "over their head" tonight. I don't think they typically score in the 80's like we do. I believe Montana's 22-game winning streak at home, the big home crowd (7,100???), and the fact that it was a NCAA Tournament game had the Lady Griz EXTRA fired up tonight. I was listening to the Montana "post game" show, and they are absolutley in SHOCK right now. They are stunned. They TRULY expected to win tonight.

HD

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    They TRULY expected to win tonight.
    Good teams always expect to win. We certainly expect to win when our team takes the floor.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The Lady Grizzles are extremely good. Tonight was their fifth loss against 27 wins. Tech has lost only two games, to Tennessee and Rice and was this close to losing only at Penn State and Tulsa. Both also on the road. I hope the Techsters pick up where they left off on Monday night and make the Griz realize just how good they were this year by the time the NCAA tournament ends!
    Aren't we glad that there is no overall tournament limit on fouls. Both teams were in foul trouble well before the end of this game. I wonder which Web site has a game score and story posted first? Obviously, it should be the Griz because their SID office is nearby. But Tech should have someone on duty to update the site tonight! We sure didn't make the newspapers except on the West Coast!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Good teams always expect to win. We certainly expect to win when our team takes the floor.
    I certainly agree with that!

No competitor should ever step out on the court (or field) expecting to lose. Sometimes, no one loses really, they just play the game to a point(40 mins) where one team has more points than the other.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    [quote:ba63cb5262="Cal&Ken"]
    I certainly agree with that!

No competitor should ever step out on the court (or field) expecting to lose. Sometimes, no one loses really, they just play the game to a point(40 mins) where one team has more points than the other.[/quote:ba63cb5262]

And then there is Jack Bicknell.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg

Exactly!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    glm47 wrote:
    And then there is Jack Bicknell.
    I was thinking that but didn't say it. I do believe that is 1 of his problems. He doesn't expect to win. As a result, the players don't expect to win either.

+ Reply to Thread