+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In-depth FAN'S perspective wanted...

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    on our YOUNG pitching and on our overall hitting.

I know our defense needs attention and I haven't seen a game so I am seeking someone's take (other than the coaches).

Thanks,
    Martie

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDawg
    on our YOUNG pitching and on our overall hitting.

I know our defense needs attention and I haven't seen a game so I am seeking someone's take (other than the coaches).

Thanks,
    Martie
    Martie,

I watched our Dawgs play against Miss St. last week, the only game I have been to. We had a huge mis-communication problem btw our catcher and pitcher for about an inning that cost us 2 runs. Besides that, our defense was fine that game. Miss St. 2 hit us, their mid-week pitcher was a juco-All American last year, he is damn good. I hate to see their weekend rotation since this kid is not in it. Miss St. plays at LSU this weekend, so we will see how good they are. I am not worried about our team. This is most definately a process of re-building that will take about 4 years. We are in year 2. I just hope you are our athletic director (I'm not kidding either) so we can keep Simoneaux around. One good thing, he has to win here. For him to go somewhere else, he must win here, which I know he will.

Our hitting, I think is average. We have to play small ball (bunt, bunt & run, hit & run, squeeze, steal, double steal, etc...) to scratch our runs. Spangler is a legitmate homerun threat. I think Soper will be a stud next year and year after at the plate, he can mash, he just needs to get used to collegiate ball. I don't know why I said all of this, you probably know it already. I'm leaving right now to go watch Ole Miss play at Southern Miss in Hattiesburg. I coached the second baseman for Ole Miss (Matt Tolbert) in high school. He was drafted in the 19th round by the Orioles last year as a junior, but decided to come back for senior year. Anyway, talk to you later.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    One of our biggest problem is that we can't get the big hit right now when we really need it to knock in the big run...

Pitching seems to be weak on the second day of a 3 game series, but the 1st and 3rd games rotation seems to be fairly solid...

I think 3rd base and catcher are the two weak spots on the infield, but I think everyone else is fairly solid...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Been to eight games this year; however, I did not see the Alabama game.

Obviously, our pitching situation changed when Coach Sim decided to inject Burns and Love into our weekend rotation. I still haven't seen Love pitch, but Burns and Meyer are pretty solid. The adventure now begins when we go to the bullpen. Lots of surprises in that regard, but Alsup has been a pleasant one.

Hitting has been feast or famine. Gary Holik has been coming on strong and I like seeing Steve Soper at the plate, but really miss Ben Tabor (despite the funky song).

Suspect this will sound crazy for a Sim-coached team, but I don't think we are running the bases as well as we did last year.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    So If I read into the posts...

1. Hitting: Our hitting needs work (talent / coaching)
    2. Bullpen: We need either more experience (time) in the Bullpen or simply more arms (time / recruiting)
    3. Base running: If weak (has to be coaching)
    4. Depth: (time / recruiting)

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDawg
    So If I read into the posts...

1. Hitting: Our hitting needs work (talent / coaching)
    2. Bullpen: We need either more experience (time) in the Bullpen or simply more arms (time / recruiting)
    3. Base running: If weak (has to be coaching)
    4. Depth: (time / recruiting)
    When you get #4, everything else works. I'll be happy w/ .500 record. Next year, we will be around .600-.640. In 2 years, watch out, we will be C-USA champs

+ Reply to Thread