+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duke coach

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Gail "Gives me gas of course" (as one espn poster labeled her) believes they are going to be the next National Champions.

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/18-462683.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Sounds like Coach G is very respectful of the Techsters. You know, she knows, that that #5 seeding was bogus. Only that stale committee, and Friscodawg, can't seem to see beyond that stupid rpi, invented by the major conferences to be self-serving.

Coach G also knows the bimbos on the selection committee won't be suiting up and playing this Sunday. Duke will be focused. They will be ready. They will bring their "A" game, because they know if they don't, it's over for 'em.

Both the Techsters and Duke are FF material. With proper seeding, this meeting should have occurred no sooner than the Elite 8. Alas, here we are, and one VERY good team will be going home Sunday.

All I ask of the Techsters is PLEASE, bring your "A" game. Don't have any regrets afterwards about, oh, we could have played better. If we play the best we can (truly) and still come up short, then I can live with that.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think if we bring our "A" game, we will win this. That means that all five players on the court play their absolute best. Carter beats that post player of theirs hands down - IF she comes to play. Tillis can't keep up with Frierson, IF Frierson uses her strength and quickness. Don't get me wrong, Iciss Tillis is very fast, but Frierson is quick. Amber has to shut down Alana best we can. Alana will score points, we just have to limit her.

Monique Curry is the other threat. Erica will have to play like she has the last two games.

Tasha will need to bug the *&*#!@ out of their PG.

IF we do that and Lakiste, Shan, Tiffany, and Kursh all do their thing, we will WIN.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Obaze needs to look and play like TSpoon did in the second half of the 1988 Championship game!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Obaze needs to look and play like TSpoon did in the second half of the 1988 Championship game!
    greatest individual performance in the history of WBB, oh wait! I was thinking about the semifinal vs Texas. Oh heck, TSpoon always played big in the big games. That's one of the reasons she's the best player in Techster history...and that's saying a lot, given who has played here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    [quote:0171b1cfa8="CARTEK"]Obaze needs to look and play like TSpoon did in the second half of the 1988 Championship game!
    greatest individual performance in the history of WBB, oh wait! I was thinking about the semifinal vs Texas. Oh heck, TSpoon always played big in the big games. That's one of the reasons she's the best player in Techster history...and that's saying a lot, given who has played here.[/quote:0171b1cfa8]

That's right, the LA Tech vs Texas national semifinal game in 1987 was the GREATEST women's basketball game ever played. Tech won 79-75 (I thinkthat was the score?) behind TSpoon's PERFECT play on UT's home floor in Austin. The house was packed. Texas was the defending national champs and everybody's pick to win it all. (I attended the game.)

Unfortunately, after such an exhaustive effort, the Lady Techsters were in no shape to play Tennessee in the national title game the next day. Tennessee trounced us.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:33b7539287="dawg80"][quote:33b7539287="CARTEK"]Obaze needs to look and play like TSpoon did in the second half of the 1988 Championship game!
    greatest individual performance in the history of WBB, oh wait! I was thinking about the semifinal vs Texas. Oh heck, TSpoon always played big in the big games. That's one of the reasons she's the best player in Techster history...and that's saying a lot, given who has played here.[/quote:33b7539287]

That's right, the LA Tech vs Texas national semifinal game in 1987 was the GREATEST women's basketball game ever played. Tech won 79-75 (I thinkthat was the score?) behind TSpoon's PERFECT play on UT's home floor in Austin. The house was packed. Texas was the defending national champs and everybody's pick to win it all. (I attended the game.)

Unfortunately, after such an exhaustive effort, the Lady Techsters were in no shape to play Tennessee in the national title game the next day. Tennessee trounced us.

HD[/quote:33b7539287]

Tenn beat us 67-45....I think. And you're right, that incredible win over Texas was late Saturday afternoon, and the Techsters just didn't have anything left 24 hrs later.

TSpoon took over against the Horns. Not often can you say that ONE player won a game the magnitude of a national semifinal....but she came really close to doing just that. (ah, not that she could have won without 4 other teammates also on the floor).

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    ...not to be too picky, but it was less than 24 hours later. We played the late game on Saturday and the finals began at Noon the next day.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game
    That is one of the principal reasons I was glad ESPN got the women's tournament away from CBS. For some reason, CBS felt the men needed an off day between semifinals and finals but the women didn't. That reasoning went over my head.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Only that stale committee, and Friscodawg, can't seem to see beyond that stupid rpi....
    Only dawg80 (among others) can't seem to understand why Tech is going to continue to be seeded where it is year after year when it makes no effort to guarantee itself a schedule that will earn a better seeding. Scheduling at least three games each year against teams certain to be below RPI 150 (11 of 26 OOC games the last 3 years with only 10 of 26 against the Top 50 RPI) neither impresses the committee nor helps Tech's RPI.

Do I think Tech SHOULD be seeded higher?--YES! Will Tech be seeded higher with similar schedule credentials in the future?--ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan
    That is one of the principal reasons I was glad ESPN got the women's tournament away from CBS. For some reason, CBS felt the men needed an off day between semifinals and finals but the women didn't. That reasoning went over my head.
    The year of the 9:00 am local time Saturday morning tipoff for the first semifinal in Los Angeles helped the committee see the light as much as the lack of an off day did.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    The Texas game was a great one. You could hardly breath it was so exciting.

Friscodawg, you are missing the point. It doesn't matter who, what or when we play. We have played better, we have played worse competition. We will always get the shaft. I can not remember very many years that I didn't think we were shafted. It would be great to play a tougher OC schedule, but, it will not improve our seed. We are on "the list". We have always and will always get the shaft until they get a different attitude in women's basketball. The women's committee is a joke. As a female, it shames me to admit that the women are idiots and the men's committe has it right. But, that is the case.

In the long run, the seeding doesn't really matter. In the 1994 tourney, the Techsters were a 4 seed in their region. Then they drilled Tennessee and USC in the regional finals to get to the FF. No matter the seed, you have to win 6 games to win it all. Whether we met Duke in the first round or E8, we still have to beat them to win it all.

Puppy dblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her game
    One correction about the 1987 Final FF. It was a Friday night game. I was in the Hoop troop back then and remember spending Saturday walking aroung Austin saying we "Messed with Texas." (A play on the "Don't mess with Texas" campaign) Also that Sunday was the coldest spring day I was ever in when I lived down south. I still have that game on tape (somewhere)because at one TV timeout they showed me playing the drums during the fight song. That was also my last FF as a Tech Student.

You are right bad man, except for one thing. Yes to win a championship you have to win 6 in a row, but it does matter if you have an easier route to the FF or not.

Plus I would rather state that we made it to the FF than to state that we lost to an eventual FF team in the first round.

Getting to the FF is not the goal, a NC is, but recruiting gets a HUGE boost with a FF run over a early loss.

+ Reply to Thread