+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech's Top Secret CUSA Plan

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Apparently the "Master Plan" that was showed to CUSA officials during our presentation is being kept under lock and key by the administration. There has already been discussion on the board as to the merits (or lack therof) of not announcing it to the public. But has anyone with an ear close to the ground in Ruston been able to glean any information about what exactly was proposed in the plan? Supposedly it is a very bold, comprehensive plan covering all facets of Tech athletics. I'm not asking anyone to reveal any sources or anything, just enlighten the rest of us to a few details. I think Dwayne said that if we don't make CUSA, they will cherry pick certain parts of the plan to implement as funds become available. Anyone know which parts they will pick? And for that matter, what are the order of priorities for the plan as a whole?

Puppy BigEasyBulldog is an unknown
    Nathan,
    I didn't know we even had such a plan out there. Most of my comments have been negative because I thought we were lacking vision. But if by keeping this plan under double top secret probation we get into cusa, by all means keep it under wraps.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar
    Hire the booster club for West Monroe High School! I heard the other day that they are looking at building an indoor practice facility for the "entire school" to enjoy. Not just for the football team. Wink Wink.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Sometimes on this board, we think that if we haven't heard it, it hasn't happened. If our administration did as little as we have claimed they have done over the last few years, we would be in the Southland conference.

That being said, it is a good thing to continue to push. We have to keep that up!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I know this will sound like I'm contradicting myself - but there is no LONG-TERM plan -

There is a group of things that will be implemented if we get into CUSA and a plan to hopefully raise the money to get some of those things, but it is not long-term plan with goals and projects over X period of years...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    So it's pretty much just a collection of happy thoughts?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    So it's pretty much just a collection of happy thoughts?
    "Think happy thoughts Peter!"

Happy thoughts are good medicine unless, of course, they turn into monsters when you close your eyes. Champ967 may not be able to sleep tonight for fear of visions of Dan Reneau dancing in his head!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by BongDog
    Happy thoughts are good medicine unless, of course, they turn into monsters when you close your eyes. Champ967 may not be able to sleep tonight for fear of visions of Dan Reneau dancing in his head!
    :P :lol: :P

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    You need to lay off the pipe if that's what you dream about, bd!

As for what dances in MY head at night ... that's nobody's business but mine.

(and Britney Spears)

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Sometimes on this board, we think that if we haven't heard it, it hasn't happened. If our administration did as little as we have claimed they have done over the last few years, we would be in the Southland conference.
    What is amazing is that the admin got by without any of our input during those first 100 years or so.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110

That being said, it is a good thing to continue to push. We have to keep that up!
    You gotta be kidding. I'll base my opinion on historical facts and observations of what I see happening.

And what I've seen happening in the last few years is the same old way of doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    You need to lay off the pipe if that's what you dream about, bd!

As for what dances in MY head at night ... that's nobody's business but mine.

(and Britney Spears)
    Man, I would cut my head off before I would let Reneau get between my ears! Now, the Aloha Man's Priscilla is what dreams are made of!

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    And what I've seen happening in the last few years is the same old way of doing business.
    Define "same old way of doing business".

None of us are having to plan to take road trips to Natchitoches or Hammond to play football this year, are we?

We're not wishin we were in D-1A, are we?

We're not hoping we can be in a respectable conference this year, are we?

Champ is right. You need to apply the following axiom to the OPINIONS and HEARSAY expoused on this board.

IT AIN'T THAT GOOD AND IT AIN'T THAT BAD!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I know this will sound like I'm contradicting myself - but there is no LONG-TERM plan -

There is a group of things that will be implemented if we get into CUSA and a plan to hopefully raise the money to get some of those things, but it is not long-term plan with goals and projects over X period of years...
    Dwayne, it's looks to me like they do have a plan. I'm sure you have some very good sources at Tech telling you what they know, however, I don't think that you or your insiders are privy to all the discussions and planning that goes on behind closed doors. I doubt very seriously that confidentiality is taken lightly when it concerns the future of our athletic programs. None of us on this board could possibly know every plan or tidbit of information that's generated out of Reneau's office. I believe the administration will present a very comprehensive plan when the time is right.

+ Reply to Thread