+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow! Tillis/Duke given a gift

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    What a hack job! Tillis should have picked up her 4th foul with over 17 mins to play. Got away with one. Bad calls like that can turn a tough, close game like this. We'll see.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Add to that Obaze's 5th foul. No contact.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg
    Add to that Obaze's 5th foul. No contact.
    If Tech could make layups, Obaze's 4th foul would never have happened. And a swipe down at the ball (contact or not) will be called most of the time.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    What a hack job! Tillis should have picked up her 4th foul with over 17 mins to play. Got away with one. Bad calls like that can turn a tough, close game like this. We'll see.
    I stopped watching after Obaze fouled out. This "sport" if so friggin rigged it's unbelievable. Tillis didn't get a foul for plowing over a Techster and Obaze gets two in a minute for incidental touching. Duke is going to the Final Four NO MATTER WHAT. Makes me sick.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    [quote:9e69f88ea5="dawg80"]What a hack job! Tillis should have picked up her 4th foul with over 17 mins to play. Got away with one. Bad calls like that can turn a tough, close game like this. We'll see.
    I stopped watching after Obaze fouled out. This "sport" if so friggin rigged it's unbelievable. Tillis didn't get a foul for plowing over a Techster and Obaze gets two in a minute for incidental touching. Duke is going to the Final Four NO MATTER WHAT. Makes me sick.[/quote:9e69f88ea5]
    Nothing rigged about Tech's blown layups. Hit all of those and Tech is leading no matter what the foul situation is.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar
    Definitely agree Rouge. Budke's team is OUT OF CONTROL!!!! But yeah, the final four was decided before the first game in the tourney was even played.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    [quote:9faa317199="RougeDawg"][quote:9faa317199="dawg80"]What a hack job! Tillis should have picked up her 4th foul with over 17 mins to play. Got away with one. Bad calls like that can turn a tough, close game like this. We'll see.
    I stopped watching after Obaze fouled out. This "sport" if so friggin rigged it's unbelievable. Tillis didn't get a foul for plowing over a Techster and Obaze gets two in a minute for incidental touching. Duke is going to the Final Four NO MATTER WHAT. Makes me sick.[/quote:9faa317199]
    Nothing rigged about Tech's blown layups. Hit all of those and Tech is leading no matter what the foul situation is.[/quote:9faa317199]

We just don't have the hosses hoss.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I think there is, sometimes, a tendency by officials in any sport, to be influenced by big name players and teams. Beard traveled 4 times that I counted, by receiving a pass, not going to the goal, and she took a FULL step BEFORE putting the ball on the floor. That is, technically, traveling.

But, while the refs made some bad calls that hurt, that's all they did, hurt our cause. In the end, Duke played better team defense and that's what wins championships. Oh, not that the Techsters didn't also play great defense, they did! Just that over 40 mins, Duke did a better job.

Tough loss. Congrats to Duke and congrats to the Lady Techsters on a great season. I hate to see it end, but it shouldn't dismiss what a great season it has been.

I hope Duke wins it all.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I hope Duke wins it all.
    Not me, I will have to go for Tenn. I hope someone else beats Duke the next game. The refs. hurt us, but, if we could have made a layup or shot a free throw, we would be alot happier right now.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Tech's incredible defense in the first half took enormous energy. Just hitting an open layup becomes difficult when a person is going to a higher defensive level. If you haven't experienced this phenomenon, get up and go find a pickup game. Lay it all on the line stopping your man and before long you want to pass the ball to someone else to take the shot.

That's true for old, in your case, just older, in my case, guys, compared to 20-somethings. Fatigue should be no excuse for college-aged athletes. If they got tired then the conditioning program needs to be beefed up. Every 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 year old Division I athlete should be able to play at full speed for a ONE lousy 40 minute game.

Nah, lack of concentration, or thinking TOO much about the shot, i.e. choking, those I can see, fatigue? No way.

+ Reply to Thread