+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next season--prospects

I know it is early to look towards next year already. However, we are losing 3 starters. How does next year's starters look? Someone earlier on the board mentioned that recruiting has been down. True? Suprisingly, Conf. USA may be more important for our Lady's Basketball team than any other sport.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    If winning about 25 games and going to the Dance is the aim, then we won't miss a beat next year. If returning to the FF is the goal, as it should be, well, that'll be a tougher nut to crack.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Tasha, Erica, Lakiste, Shan, Tamika, and Tiffany. We have a 6'7" recruit already that will probably start immediately. Budke has been hitting the road and I think we will have some guns next year.

Well, I am a little too down to post today, so over and out from me.

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    Don't forget Ray-Boyd and Levingston.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Techsters will be excellent again. Sadly, now only Duke can show the world just how great the Techsters were this season by winning the final four.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    we were post oriented with carter and frierson, and with ford beofre them. thats why when they denied us the post today, we couldnt score.

next year, we will be guard heavy and 80% of our scoring will come from the 3 guard spots. the 6-7 girl and thompson will switch out at center, but they will be defender-rebounders. kursch will be our only pf coming back. i m sure he will bring in someone else as well.

they will have to play up-tempo, pressing basketball to dominate people next year. non of this slow it down dump it down into the post. (how many times did they throw the lob pass inside only to get it knocked away.?)

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all
    It was a disappointing loss. Tasha Crain played great defense on Alana Beard when she guarded her. Amisha Carter did not have a good day or tournament for that matter (too many turnovers).

Next year's team will be guard oriented (much like the shelia etheridge/shantel hardison, vickie johnson/debra williams, betty lennox/tamicha jackson teams). The 6'7 DeCiman will be an interesting addition. She will allow the guards to take chances on defense and apply more pressure to opposing teams. Additionally, LaTosha Christmas, 5'10 G who signed in November will be a great addition to the team. She is a strong guard who can play inside and rebound. I am sure that Budke and Co. will also bring in a couple of post players from the junior college ranks as well.

Tech will be an exciting team to watch next year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    The past decade, the Techsters always seem just one player short of a great team. That was true this year as well. We needed just one player, like a big guard who can create her own shot, or a forward who is a mix between Frierson and Bird Walker. Either that, or just a great player. What if Beard was on this Techster team....

While I'm thinking about it, hats off to Frierson for stepping up today, the way a senior is supposed to.

I know basketball has 2 signing periods. You would think a program like tech would already be done with all of this stuff. I know UCONN and Tenn are as well as a great amouont of the SEC teams. I know tech is better then most of them. Why would they not be done with recuritng already

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    While I'm thinking about it, hats off to Frierson for stepping up today, the way a senior is supposed to.
    She did have a great game!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Tech has to stop losing assistants. Consider that one player short idea. We lost Shereka Wright to Purdue when the Curry's went that way. We lost Lambert to Baylor with KMR. Lambert might have carried this team to the title two years ago. Wright would have made this year's team a lot better. If Budke can hold onto his recruiters for a few years, it'll help us a lot.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Another big challenge annually in the Sweet 16 is at center. Our 6'2" center looks 5'10" standing next to these 6'4"-6'6" centers from UConn, Duke, Tennessee,...

I'm looking forward to the 6'7" center who is supposed to be coming to LA Tech.

The women's game is changing, rapidly. It's relatively new, so of course the game would evolve quickly. The 1979 Tech team, national runner-up, couldn't win 10 games playing this year's Tech schedule. The players are so much more athletic, and getting more so all the time.

Frierson, at 6'2", makes for a nice power-forward type player. But, she is no post player. Cheryl Ford was a very good post player, and Carter had her moments trying to fill that void, but even she is more forward-like. The point is, Tech didn't have a true center this year. We had 2 forwards and 3 guards.

We can be good again next year, it'll just take having a few newbies come in, and contribute.

I read DeCiman can be a monster defensively. Two questions though: 1) Can she get up and down the floor in the Tech offensive system? 2) Will her offensive game develop?

She sounds like she can be a good one once she settles into the lineup and with experience. Budke has done a great job and I'm excited about next season. :wink:

Who's coming in besides DeCiman?

+ Reply to Thread