+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lady techsters

Good job ladies.....you have done the University proud.....hang in there!!! we have a good coach and reputation, so it only a matter of time. We'll get'um next year!!

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here
    I share those same sentiments, Boston. We will win the WAC again and kick in the door on our way to the Final Four next season. Very proud of their efforts this year...we'll miss the seniors - Amisha, Trina, and Blaze Obaze.
    ________
    Vaporizers
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar
    One of the worst officiated college games I've ever witnessed. Refs did a great job of protecting the #1 seed and Beard. It's tough when it's 5 against 8.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    I can't remember the Tech player involved, but in this game there was the worst no-call I have ever witnessed. The Techster was shooting a jump shot from the outside and was absolutely hammered to the floor. No call. Mr. Magoo would have seen that foul.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Great season for the Lady Techsters, and I look forward to an excellent banquet on April 20, 2004. Ms Betty & I will be there. Come join us for a festive occasion.

TD
    ~~

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Great year gals!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    One of the worst officiated college games I've ever witnessed. Refs did a great job of protecting the #1 seed and Beard. It's tough when it's 5 against 8.
    The Techsters had a great year, but the officials did not give the game to Duke, 30% field goal shooting and the ability of Duke to take away the interior post won the game for them. Both teams played ugly, but we played uglier.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    I am tired of everyone making excuses. The excuse is that we play sub-par teams all year and when we actually play someone with talent we have no idea what to expect. If the Lakers played in the NCAA all year and then went to the NBA playoffs do you think they would win, hell no because they would be use to the level of competition. We shot 30% against duke because we have not played a top 50 team since december. As long as we play in a sorry conference and do not schedule OOC Games that prepare us for the tournament we are going to win one or two games in the NCAA's and talk about how we lost with class. Their are too many people in Ruston that had rather us win games that get prepared for the tournament. Then they tell us excuses as to why we can not get Duke to play is in Shreveport but NSU can. The girls did not lose the game yesterday, they simply were not prepared for a team the magnitude of Duke. We should call us UCSB tomorrow and schedule a game next year for Feb., it would do both of us good.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    I guess that win over Penn State doesn't count!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    Not towards the NCAA when it was played 3 months ago. You can not take 3 months off and expect to come out and play to your ability. More importantly your not going to remember what it is like to play a good team. We did not play a top 50 team (Rice was about 50) in the last 3 months of the season, that does not get you ready for the NCAA.

At least with WKU you knew that you would get a few good games after December. If the Techsters want to advance to the sweet 16 but no further they can continue to schedule as they do. If they want to go to the final four people are going to have to give up one or two home games and play tougher teams earlier. They also are going to have to add two tough OOC games during conference play if the WAC is no better. When you go to Fresno play UCSB on Tuesday. See if you can not find another top team from a midmajor and get them to come to Ruston. If we are going to get back to the final four we have to take chances, which some years will mean more loses and a lower seed. It will also mean that in years that we have a team that is good enough to make the final four they will be ready come NCAA time.

I think the Techsters would welcome a tougher schedule.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    If the Techsters ever hope to advance past the Sweet 16, they will have to play a tougher schedule.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I didn't see the game because I was snowboarding in Park City, Utah yesterday during gametime. When I finally saw the final score last night, the Lady Techsters only proved to embarrass me in front of my friends. I mean, 49 offensive points is pitiful. It sounded more like a Class A high school score to us.

But I can't say that I was surprised to hear that the Lady Techsters lost. It's the same ole, same ole. The Lady Techsters just can't seem to "get it up" against the top teams in the tournament anymore.

Where the Lady Techsters are concerned, I don't get excited about wins over UTEP, Boise St, Hawai, etc....... I ONLY get excited about wins over TOP 20 teams. Maybe that's unfair, but it's still the truth. Of course, that means that other than the great road win the Lady Techsters had over Penn State this year, there really wasn't much to get excited about.

I'm disappointed in Budke. I'm disappointed in 30% FG shooting that led to an embarrassing 49 point output. And I'm disappointed that our program couldn't find the fire to beat Beard. By scoring only 49 points, I really don't think the Lady Techsters gave much of an effort yesterday.

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Excuse me HD, you admit you did not watch the game, but you are ready to make the pronouncement that the Techsters lost due to lack of effort. That's amazing.

I'm glad, even as an older, fatter dude I'm still competing in sports. Just recently completed our adult league basketball season...my team lost in the championship game by a similar score as the Techsters, in our case 66-51. I can assure you, it was not because of "lack of effort" or we not playing with heart. It was a lot simpler than that: they were better! They had 3 former college players, and a kid who just graduated from high school last year, who is so frickin' quick! and who at about 5' 9" can dunk the ball, with both hands....ahhhh! I'm reliving the nightmare!

Personally, I stunk in the championship game. In the semifinals at a critical time in the game I drilled 7 straight 3-pointers. In the championship game, I was just 4 of 12 from the 3-point line. I was trying! The shots just wouldn't fall! Lack of heart....I guess. Oh, and that 6' 5" guy with the long arms who was guarding me....he had something to do with it too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Excuse me HD, you admit you did not watch the game, but you are ready to make the pronouncement that the Techsters lost due to lack of effort. That's amazing.

I'm glad, even as an older, fatter dude I'm still competing in sports. Just recently completed our adult league basketball season...my team lost in the championship game by a similar score as the Techsters, in our case 66-51. I can assure you, it was not because of "lack of effort" or we not playing with heart. It was a lot simpler than that: they were better! They had 3 former college players, and a kid who just graduated from high school last year, who is so frickin' quick! and who at about 5' 9" can dunk the ball, with both hands....ahhhh! I'm reliving the nightmare!

Personally, I stunk in the championship game. In the semifinals at a critical time in the game I drilled 7 straight 3-pointers. In the championship game, I was just 4 of 12 from the 3-point line. I was trying! The shots just wouldn't fall! Lack of heart....I guess. Oh, and that 6' 5" guy with the long arms who was guarding me....he had something to do with it too.
    I knew some a$$hole would be stupid enough to step up and say "you didn't even watch the game, so what do you know?" (Some of you people are so predictable that it's laughable!) I just didn't figure that Dawg80 would be the stupid one. :roll:

I forgot that parking your fat a$$ in front of a TV set for 2 hours makes you an expert, because you actually "watched the game". I forgot that post game stories don't matter, and that statistics are just total bull$hit. And of course, the zillions of playbacks I witnessed on ESPN doesn't count for shit.

You're right Dawg80! The Lady Techsters played FANTASTIC against Duke. I'm sure I'm just exxaggerating. That's why a Lady Techster team that averages 83.5 points a game scored only 49 points. It's just my imagination. :wink:

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Yup....I'm the stupid one.. unce:

BTW, if you've had time to watch "zillions" of playbacks, why didn't you just plant your fat ass in front of the TV and watch it live...like the rest of we fat asses.

Okay, have it your way. Due to their lack of heart the Techsters missed those shots.....on purpose. Yeah, that's it.

+ Reply to Thread