+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lady techsters

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Yup....I'm the stupid one.. unce:

BTW, if you've had time to watch "zillions" of playbacks, why didn't you just plant your fat ass in front of the TV and watch it live...like the rest of we fat asses.

Okay, have it your way. Due to their lack of heart the Techsters missed those shots.....on purpose. Yeah, that's it.

At least you got the first part of your post right. :wink:

Nobody said they missed "on purpose" Dawg80. But they damn sure missed the easy stuff (layups, free throws, etc..) That translates to a "lack of focus", and yeah, a lack of heart in my book. Most church leage teams can score 49 points in their games.

If the Lady Techsters couldn't get psyched up for a game against Alana Beard, then they don't have a pulse.

I don't care how good the Lady Techsters play against Boise State, Nevada or UTEP, playing Duke is a real MONEY game. They didn't show me the MONEY! All they did Sunday was convince more "NCAA" experts that their best days are behind them.

HD

Hog, you really ought to watch the game if you're going to analyze it. You remind me of those who claim Huck Finn was racist because he used the N word.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred
    Hog, you really ought to watch the game if you're going to analyze it. You remind me of those who claim Huck Finn was racist because he used the N word over and over again.
    Alfred, if you must know, I have watched a tape of the game since yesterday. I had not seen the game at the time of my first post on the subject because I had traveled back late from Utah.

However, since I have now seen the game, I can now proclaim myself to be just as much of an expert as the rest of you clowns. And guess what? I was RIGHT all along.

HD

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    HD said "Most church leage teams can score 49 points in their games."

Clearly you didn't play in the same church league that I did. We may have had 30-35 on a good night! Of course, we were just old girls!

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    HD said "Most church leage teams can score 49 points in their games."

Clearly you didn't play in the same church league that I did. We may have had 30-35 on a good night! Of course, we were just old girls!
    Your team might would have had a chance against the Lady Techsters on Sunday. :wink:

HD

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here
    The Techsters aren't church league....they're "Bush League" and boy I'm I glad of it!!! ;-)
    ________
    Subaru Justy History
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:51b64c3503="markay714"]HD said "Most church leage teams can score 49 points in their games."

Your team might would have had a chance against the Lady Techsters on Sunday. :wink:

HD[/quote:51b64c3503]

Nah. I don't think so. I wasn't good when I played, and I'm REALLY awful now! Clearly Sunday's game was always going to be a defensive battle, but we needed way more offense than we had to beat a good team. Think Duke ran into the same thing tonight.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    The Techsters represented La. Tech better than any team we have, once again. Thank God we have a team that can compete on the top level. Congratulations to the Techsters and to Budke for giving us pride this year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Well, obviously HD and I disgree on this issue. And just think, I was defending HD to those CUSA pricks on their board too :wink:

I hate to point a finger, but we needed Carter to step up in the Duke game. Sure, they were double-teaming her and making life tough in the paint, but she(or Budke) never adjusted and turned her into a passer. If you will note, I posted during halftime of the game and mentioned we needed to make Duke pay for the double-team on Carter. But, Amisha was having trouble just catching the ball at times.

Russo's Dunkin Dawgs became an awesome team the same day Karl Malone learned how to pass the ball to an open team mate out of a double-team. After that, the opponent had to pick their poison, double-team Malone and pay for it, or try to cover him with one defender, and pay for it!

But, let me hasten to add, that Carter played a solid game on defense and on the boards. She was struggling, but she did not quit.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    The Techsters represented La. Tech better than any team we have, once again. Thank God we have a team that can compete on the top level. Congratulations to the Techsters and to Budke for giving us pride this year.
    Unfortunately when women's basketball is all you have you are the butt of jokes in serious athletic circles.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    [quote:b5f0b229e1="champion110"]The Techsters represented La. Tech better than any team we have, once again. Thank God we have a team that can compete on the top level. Congratulations to the Techsters and to Budke for giving us pride this year.
    Unfortunately when women's basketball is all you have you are the butt of jokes in serious athletic circles.[/quote:b5f0b229e1]

No, not in "serious" athletic circles, just in childish ones.

In terms of being on the national scene, it is true, WBB is all we have. But, MOST schools can't even say that!

And besides, they are separate issues. Our problems in FB and in MBB and in baseball, are all due to having the wrong people in charge. We have been successful in the 3 main men's sports in our past, when we've had the right ingredients in place. Get that again, and Tech can reach the Top 25 in any sport.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    AMEN!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    The attendance for wbb is on the rise at every program that has had a decent showing this year. Minnisota's was the most remarkable over the last 4 years. They went from averaging around 1500 to 9500 during Whalen's 4 years with them. When you see that from a team that has never been to a FF and from teams like New Mexico and Texas Tech, you realize what we have here is something VERY special.

I would love to have a top 20 football team year in and year out. I would love to have a top 20 mbb team every year, but we don't at this point. The Techsters are something to brag about and that is just what I do.

The attendance for wbb is on the rise at every program that has had a decent showing this year. Minnisota's was the most remarkable over the last 4 years. They went from averaging around 1500 to 9500 during Whalen's 4 years with them. When you see that from a team that has never been to a FF and from teams like New Mexico and Texas Tech, you realize what we have here is something VERY special.

I would love to have a top 20 football team year in and year out. I would love to have a top 20 mbb team every year, but we don't at this point. The Techsters are something to brag about and that is just what I do.
    I saw an article today in USA Today that said the Women's NCAA tournament was drawing a whopping 39% more fans this year than last year on TV. The article said that everyday fans are starting to recognize stars names like Taurazi (UCONN) and Beard (Duke) because they've been around for 4 years.

Face it boys, women's basketball is here to stay.

HD

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    People in Arkansas speak about the Techsters with enormous respect.

+ Reply to Thread