+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wonder if the Techsters wore Duke out

Hybrid View

Duke goes down to Minnnesota in the elite 8. Minnesota spread the floor much better than the Techsters. Whalen is a baller. She pulled off this spin move on a fast break that was unbelievable.

P.S.--Good job seeding committee. That away to shove your head up your #$% instead of truly evaluating a team. #7 seed in the final four, with a #6 in Stanford with a good shot at joining them in New Orleans.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Minnesota was a legitmate 7 seed--without Whalen. The committee completely blew Minnesota's seeding with Whalen available, and she was practicing and scheduled to be ready for the first round before the brackets were announced. Again I blame Minnesota having a predetermined home site for some of its seeding issue, but not for all of it.

There were signs Sunday (and even in the second round game with Marquette) that Duke was ready for the taking, but Tech didn't have what was needed to exploit the way Duke was playing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Nah, Duke just lacked heart.

They didn't want to win tonite. Didn't have the heart for it.

Er, right HD? Watch a zillion replays and you won't see a single Duke heart.

I am still upset we did not beat Duke. I am still sitting here wondering how we lost that game, as I really thought we would win. 6 going on 7 years since our last final 4 appearance. We really need to get back to remain in the top tier of programs in women's basketball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Nah, Duke just lacked heart.

They didn't want to win tonite. Didn't have the heart for it.

Er, right HD? Watch a zillion replays and you won't see a single Duke heart.
    Yep, it sounds like Duke QUIT after beating LA Tech on Sunday. That translates to "lack of focus". Or yes, "lack of heart". I guess you've never heard of something like that happening Dawg80?

I guarantee you that Duke has got better players than Minnesota.

HD

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Duke definitely has better ATHLETES than Minnesota. But Minnesota's basketball players were better than Duke's and they certainly played better as a team tonight.

That may be part of the problem with Tech--good athletes who may not be the best true basketball players. I'd rather have a basketball player who is a good athlete over a good athlete who plays basketball every time.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    Duke definitely has better ATHLETES than Minnesota. But Minnesota's basketball players were better than Duke's and they certainly played better as a team tonight.

That may be part of the problem with Tech--good athletes who may not be the best true basketball players. I'd rather have a basketball player who is a good athlete over a good athlete who plays basketball every time.
    With all due respect FD, there's not a college coach in the country that won't tell you that Duke's got better BASKETBALL players than Minnesota, not just better athletes.

Minnesota is a GREAT example of a team with HEART! They play together and they don't quit. Everybody contributes. I watched Minnesota beat BC. That team has heart. And on Monday, they had more heart than Duke. (note to Dawg80!)

HD

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game
    Having a physical center that skinny Tillis couldn't handle and that could also make her free throws didn't hurt any.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think the problem was the Duke players bought into what their coach has been saying all year - that they would win the NC. The Duke players looked shocked that they could be beat.

I started out cheering for Duke (wanting the team that beat us to go all the way), but as the game went on I could not help cheering for the Minn. players and team. They were not going to be denied.

+ Reply to Thread