+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PITIFUL

Varsity Bulldog cgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    That is the only way I know how to describe the game. That was the absolute worst showing I have ever seen in my life. The only reason we didnt lose by more that 14 is because Duke played like crap almost as bad as we did. Duke totally controlled the tempo of this game, and not only could we not take back control for more than 30 seconds at the time, but we couldnt even adjust for what they were doing. 30.8% from the field and just over 50 % from the line isnt going to get it done no matter who you are playing. Not to mention not being able to hit a layup to save their lives...oh, and they dont call them LAYUPS for nothing!! How the techsters could play a stellar game against Texas Tech and come out like they did today is beyond me. They played like they had no business being anywhere close to Norfolk. Go ahead and kid yourself, blame the refs, say that the final four was decided before this game was ever played or whatever, but the truth is, the blame lies on our players...with the exception of Trina (kudos on a hell of a performance..sorry they didnt share the same intensity and desire as she did) they didnt even seem like they cared if they won or lost..

To end on a positive note..if there is one..this is from the ESPN board..not bad considering its coming from a Vols fan..

It all boils down to the well-worn phrase, "Anything can happen in March!"

I sure didn't expect LSU to play their vey best game of the year at precisely the right time, but they did. I thought Georgia would crumble -- again -- down the stretch. They slipped, but not far enough to lose.

Today, Duke forced La.Tech to play the style of game that they don't normally play, and Duke wins. Doesn't mean that La. Tech isn't a great team. They just weren't the best team on the floor on this particular day.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Don't know who you are, Bozohead, but the title of your thread describes your post perfectly!

TD
    ~~

Ross Harper
    Class of 1964

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    You haven't watched many games. I've seen way worse. They were in it, but didn't adjust well in the second half. Of course, I'm guessing Duke had plenty to do with that. The girls had a good run in the NCAA's - overcoming poor play against Montana to win and then looking absolutely great against Texas Tech. In a bad year for Tech sports, we need to see the good where we can....and as usual the Techsters provided a bright spot.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I believe that I have sometimes agreed with cgraves. However, this sounds more like a flamer attacking our extraordinary players. I usually attribute such diatribes to lack of experience PLAYING sports and particularly the one being discussed.
    Even people who were credible players themselves sometimes lapse into such failure to analyze logically when they feel secure that no one will invite them to go one on one against a Lady Techster on the hardwood! Yes, they didn't play their best game but they certainly put on a defensive clinic against the best or second best team they faced all year.
    I hope cgraves wakes up tomorrow and deletes that gibberish so that Jermaine doesn't look him up the next time he can't find a punching bag!
    Go Techsters. What a great season!

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game
    I think everyone on this board knew that everyone on the team had to play their very best in order for us to win this game. Everyone didn't. That doesn't mean it was "PITIFUL", it just means it wasn't their best - and thus it wasn't good enough to win.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Duke deserves a lot of the credit for our poor play today on offense. Sure, I wish Carter had scored about 20 pts today and we were all talking about having to beat Minnysoda next. But that didn't happen. Given her game, Carter had the toughest assignment today. Frierson had a good game, but she had to step outside a lot to get her points. No Techster was tearing it up in the paint today. Hard to point the finger at just Carter.

And, with our season's leading scorer, Carter, effectively neutralized, that meant that someone else had to step up. In Montana, Smith-Taylor did, twice. But she didn't today.

You win as a team, you lose as a team.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar
    While I am not happy with the outcome. Pitiful is not the word I would use to describe the game. We could have played better, but I am proud of our women and thier effort.

Puppy TechJD is an unknown
    I wish you all could have gotten the chance to see what I saw in Fresno, Missoula, and Norfolk. Our girls forever have my appreciation and respect as athletes and as people. They all know what happened or didn't happen out there, as was evident on their faces when they entered the hotel lobby after the Duke game. Despite this loss, they eventually managed somehow to dry their eyes and pick their heads up, which I know wasn't easy. I went to VA to play my instrument, support what I consider to be an outstanding team, and put my heart and soul into it to the best of my ability. I did that. I missed some notes, I'm sure, but I did that. The Techsters went there to play a game of ball to the best of their ability and put their heart and soul into it. They didn't win, but they did that. I know that as athletes at this level on a national stage they are prone to some praise and/or attacks due to a good or poor showing, but they are still people. They are students trying to make it through, they love this game, and this loss hurt them a lot more than it hurt some of the people who make these comments. I've met them, I've had some chances to talk to them, and I have this to say: The game is over. We didn't win. But I am still damn proud of them and glad to have been able to support them in this capacity. Given the chance next year, I will do it again, too. I have yet to see ANY other team in any sport at any school that has the relationship with their pep band that Techsters do, too. It is a relationship of genuine appreciation and respect from Coach Budke on down. For such a fantastic team of wonderful ladies (and Coach) to not only acknowledge us and our contributions, but to also give us respect and support inspires us and helps us to be greater as well. Lady Techsters, thanks for the experience.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Good post, TechJD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    It's been my experience that in the immediate aftermath of a heartbreaking loss, fans take it harder than the coaches/players. Then the fans tend to forget about it because soon, very soon, there are other teams playing other games to attract the attention of the fans. Fans tend to be reactionary, and since many live vicariously through the teams they support, are quick to point a finger of blame. After all, the fan is "hurting". And someone needs to shoulder the blame for that.

It's later....in some cases, much later, that the full impact of the disappointment hits the coaches and players.

The Techsters did the best they could. They fought hard for 40 mins. I didn't see anyone quitting and giving up 672 yards rushing to the Lady Blue Devils......

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    If you notice, this seems to happen to us most of the time now against the elite teams. We tend to shoot horribly. Most of the elite teams are 2 to 3 inches taller than us at every position. This is one of the keys to our lack of offense. Their athletes are just as good as ours if not better and also taller at every position.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJD
    I wish you all could have gotten the chance to see what I saw in Fresno, Missoula, and Norfolk. Our girls forever have my appreciation and respect as athletes and as people. They all know what happened or didn't happen out there, as was evident on their faces when they entered the hotel lobby after the Duke game. Despite this loss, they eventually managed somehow to dry their eyes and pick their heads up, which I know wasn't easy. I went to VA to play my instrument, support what I consider to be an outstanding team, and put my heart and soul into it to the best of my ability. I did that. I missed some notes, I'm sure, but I did that. The Techsters went there to play a game of ball to the best of their ability and put their heart and soul into it. They didn't win, but they did that. I know that as athletes at this level on a national stage they are prone to some praise and/or attacks due to a good or poor showing, but they are still people. They are students trying to make it through, they love this game, and this loss hurt them a lot more than it hurt some of the people who make these comments. I've met them, I've had some chances to talk to them, and I have this to say: The game is over. We didn't win. But I am still damn proud of them and glad to have been able to support them in this capacity. Given the chance next year, I will do it again, too. I have yet to see ANY other team in any sport at any school that has the relationship with their pep band that Techsters do, too. It is a relationship of genuine appreciation and respect from Coach Budke on down. For such a fantastic team of wonderful ladies (and Coach) to not only acknowledge us and our contributions, but to also give us respect and support inspires us and helps us to be greater as well. Lady Techsters, thanks for the experience.
    EXCELLENT POST!!!

I have to say this, but some of you people are just mean! Your mean spirited comments serve no useful purpose other than to put down someone else and make you feel better. The game is over, and we were on the short end of the ledger. Get over it.

The pep band dude said it all, and I am proud he is so proud!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Do any of ya'll think they blew it when the girls cut it to 4 with about 10 minutes left and then threw the ball into triple coverage trying - to get the ball inside - which resulted into turnovers and easy baskets about 4 strait times down the court -

And this happened twice coming out of time out -

And it wasn't the only time it happened during the game - when it ain't working and a player has had 2 strait horrible games, quit trying to force the ball in to her...

While the girls played hard and Frierson played like she didn't want her season to end - I think coaching decisions in the 2nd half did this team in more than anything else...

Fire away...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Excellent post, TechJD. Glad you got to go to the games and cheer our Lady Techsters on. Sorry it ended like it did, but the ladies can hold their heads up high, knowing that they are still the most feared team in womens basketball!!!

TD
    ~~

+ Reply to Thread