I posted this on another thread, but I figured it would get buired and not really read by those that matter, so I'd love to get the reaction of some of you in my take of the coach swapping going into next year.......
People, I won't throw out any coach bashing or say that I hate or like Bicknell as a coach, but I will agree with everyone that he has made some very bonehead and overly conservative calls over the past few years. However his moves with the coaching staff may not be totally dumb or without merit. If everyone will remember, our defensive line and linbackers have been spotty over the past few years and our secondary has REALLY sucked for the past 5 years that I know of.......I mean when our corners consistently play 10 yards off the ball leaving the quick slant or 5 yard curl patterns wide open every play, we need to do something different. I must confess, my first real season for watching and keeping up with Tech football was the 98 season (9-2) and we had an outstanding defense and were one of the top programs in the nation in interceptions and fumble recoverys, so when I see our team playing the high profiled programs and a possible interception bounces off a shoulder pad or goes through the hands, I just scream!!!!! People, we were dead LAST in defense last year so any move to our current defensive coaching staff is in the (+) direction. My opinon is that we have been putting the wrong players in the wrong positions and hoping for the best instead of better judging a players talents and putting them where they can make the best impact to help the team win. I'm for the coaching change!!!! GO TECH!!!!