+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor Alert: It's Tech vs UTEP for final CUSA slot

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    From USM's board:

Guys things have been pretty quite over the past several weeks concerning C-USA expansion. That means that something is probably about to happen. I expect the announcement for expansion to be on or before May 15th.

Officially C-USA is being very quite, but I have reason to believe that they are down to two schools. And I am not sure what I think of the two candidates. Two independent sources have given EagleTalk information that leads me to believe the two finalists may be La Tech and UTEP.

It appears that the MAC schools of Miami, Toledo and BGSU have decided to wait and see in the MAC to save on travel costs. Temple has bowed to the pressure of basketball and will remain in the A-10 for basketball and may opt to the MAC for football.

That leaves very little option for C-USA at this point. I believe that if the information I have been given is true that C-USA very well may select UTEP because of the strength of their football and basketball attendence.

Guys these are very good sources that I got the information from. I believe that it is correct as far as they know and they are in position to know.

just remember the old "grain of salt" rule...and keep your fingers crossed!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Nothing screws everyone more than UTEP leaving the WAC because I cannot for the life of me see how we can afford the WAC any better when the closest team to us is gone ... so that leaves only one team 900 miles away instead of two. In that case, Tech is either stuck in a REALLY hard place or the WAC is hurting for teams. My guess is that if it looks like it is between us and UTEP, do not be shocked if some sort of NICE incentive to stay package is put together for UTEP in hopes that Louisiana Tech ends up being the lone school even wanting IN CUSA. What is best for everyone is one of the two options left. The other, is worst for everyone ...

If this is even partially true, I bet it is really between us and them staying at 11 and it is becoming painfully clear to the CUSA fans that Tech is the obvious choice and for some reason they REALLY have a hard time coming to terms with it.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    UTEP is not going to CUSA if the presidents of Tulane, UAB, Houston, Rice, SMU and others are serious about keeping their football programs alive.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    UTEP is out -

If CUSA expands its TECH....

But the question now is DOES CUSA expand since the MAC schools said "thanks, but no thanks"....

It is becoming quite clear that outside of the few west schools the other schools don't want us and they would rather NOT expand...

But the feeling among some folks - is that they have crossed the line of no return and they have to expand -

We shall see -

And yes, this is about 180% turn around from where I was at several days ago -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    ...without us there is no Championship Game!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    without us there is no Championship Game!
    I sure hope that is important to them!

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I sure hope that is important to them!
    As long as a 12th share with money from the championship game is more than a 11th share of what is left without it they will expand.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I can't imagine that it would not be a profitable situation for them. They would have the revenue from the game and probably TV money as well. 1/12th of something has got to be more than 1/11th of nothing. Of course I understand there are other pots as well, but, the game has got to be a win win for everyone I would think.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar
    UTEP has no reason to want C-USA now that New Mexico State has signed up for the WAC. They are much better off staying WACy and letting us go to C-USA with the rest of our brethren....i.e. Rice, SMU & Tulsa. I am sure that Fresno, Boise, and Hawaii make for better crowd drawers than Tulane, So Miss, or UAB would for west Texans. UTEP would rather (I assume) be with their old comrads like Colorado St, Air Force, BYU, New Mexico, etc. They will probably make a strong case when/if the MWC ever expands again. I am sure they will have the TCU vote.

A Championship Game for C-USA has got to be worth a great deal in TV revenue, but especially in name recognition. It makes sense to take Tech and take us now! Do it before the C-USA is turned down by any one else. Make them think they wanted us all along. That is how I would play it. Make it look like they did the due diligence and Tech came out as the strongest candidate. They wanted us all along! They do don't they??????

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I can't imagine that it would not be a profitable situation for them. They would have the revenue from the game and probably TV money as well. 1/12th of something has got to be more than 1/11th of nothing. Of course I understand there are other pots as well, but, the game has got to be a win win for everyone I would think.
    I didn't word that exactly right it is comparing a 12th share of conference revenue with a football championship game to an 11th share of conference revenue without one.

My guess is if they can get $1 million + for the game they will expand.

I do think the western schools have another adjenda in adding the 12th team. They know that probably 4 of the eastern schools will leave at some point in the future to the BE so if they go to 12 now they will still have a core group of 8 to build on.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I just hope they announce something on the 15th. This limbo stuff has gone on long enough. I stopped posting much about it, because I was sick of waiting.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I think it will be between th e 25th and 30th....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Well, great....... I am blocking it from my mind for a while longer then. I will check to see if there is any new information daily, but I am sick of all the guessing.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I think it will be between th e 25th and 30th....
    Aren't the C-USA schools meeting in Dallas this week. Has anyone read or heard anything out of that meeting????

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    If this information is accurate, I wonder what happened to North Texas.

+ Reply to Thread