+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we still having women's soccer at Tech?

Does anyone have any info. on the new women's soccer team that is supposed to start in the fall? To my knowledge we still havn't signed a coach which means we havn't recruited anyone.

I appllied for the position and have basic information from talking with MKH and Greg Little but after my second phone call from MKH I was told it would be done after the women's basketball lost in the NCAA tournament. Then again they could postpone it again by the whole CUSA thing.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    According to a letter about Champs, we are adding Women's Soccer and Women's Bowling.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    We are adding Soccer and Bowling but trust me guys our current admin is starting to screw the pooch (no bulldog pun intended) on this one.

So are they going to pospone the hiring of someone until they figure out what league they will be playing in. They have a schedule and if they make a hire for the future it won't matter what league they are in. Now if they do the tech thing it will be someone with no head coaching experience or any college coaching experience either

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerjunkie
    I appllied for the position and have basic information from talking with MKH and Greg Little but after my second phone call from MKH I was told it would be done after the women's basketball lost in the NCAA tournament. Then again they could postpone it again by the whole CUSA thing.
    I'm curious about your soccer background. I've been playing, coaching and reffing soccer for 30 years. I love it.

We play pick-up games on Sundays (in Natchitoches) and have a blast. There's usually a mixed bag of current high school and college players, along with a bunch of we older fellows that used to play. Two of our regulars played in college at Virginia Tech and Clemson.

Several years ago I was a finalist for the job at NSU. But they hired Jimmy Mitchell, who has done a wonderful job building their program.

I would like to see Tech's program get off the ground, but I fear that budget constraints will severely hamstring the program.

Varsity Bulldog SportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to all
    The position was offered to a candidate on Friday.

Who's the candidate?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    Dawg80 I know here background and even who she played for in high school in dallas Im me if you want more. I won't put her resume up without her permission, but ill hit the highlites for you.

As far as the candidate, if its who I think it is we are not hiring the best person willing to work for the money we offered. If it is who I want, I beleive Tech would be hiring a top flight coach and sending our program in the right direction from the first hire.

I know that an unusal turn of events us doing the right thing. So I beleive they will not hire the right person.

I heard today that Jen Swallow will become the new women's soccer coach here at Louisiana Tech. I heard that she played in the WUSA and she coached at SLU.

Yep thats the one I was afraid they were going to hire.

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    Why do you say you was "afraid they were going to hire"???

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    that is what you can expect to get with a $10,000 salary

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    that is what you can expect to get with a $10,000 salary
    No way the salary's that low.

salary is around 36,000 base which isn't bad and the are going to have a grad assistant/assistant coach which is a plus. We just didn't hire the most experienced and qualified coach in the pool.

I know for a fact there were some backdoor politics going on too. Oh well although I don't particularly like the hire, I hope she is very successful for my alma maters sake.

I have stuck my nose into this since the announcement was made they were going to start a team. I don't like the way and time frame it was handled. It hurt any chance the coach had to recruit unless they coach club on the side. They will use the club players at Tech this year and even playing an in state and regional schedule like they have set up, it will be very difficult to produce solid results.

We had a chance to do this first flight and I think we settled for a middle flight.

Good Luck to the new coach and much success to the girls. I will be in Denton to watch their match against a solid UNT program.

+ Reply to Thread