+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a Plan B?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    weunice,
    Not one team in the Belch was seriously considered for an expansion in the other conferences. If you want to play ark. state and ull forever, that is what we will get. Our fans will certainly begin to hate them. At least 7000 will show up for home games. We will be pretty good for a while - winning a few titles. Then recruits will stop coming. We will be mediocre at best in the Sun Belt then. Then maybe ull and ASU will begin to beat us. Heck, our fans might even increase to 12,000 then. It will be a RIVAL. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry, I am in such a bad mood. I will just apologize now. I just thought that Tech was ready to grow. The Belt will assure that will never happen. The conference itself doesn't have a chance to stay 1a. Well, maybe that will be good. Let's just give up everything and go back. It would certainly be better than spending the extra money to make sure we are noticed in the next round of expansion. That would be money wasted right?

OK, I am finished ranting now. Plan A is still on the table. We can worry about Plan B later.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I approve of Glm's PLAN B!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    Champ, I can go you one better. We go Indy and don't even have a shot at a bowl game or a conference championship and get even worse recruits and play an even tougher schedule to try to stay alive and become everybody's road whores. But the Lady Techsters are able to schedule higher rpi opponents and win fewer games and get seeded one notch higher. I still won't believe CUSA is dumb enough to offer and UTEP accepts until it is officially announced.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    I still won't believe CUSA is dumb enough to offer and UTEP accepts until it is officially announced.
    I gotta go with you on that one, oledawg. Looking at it as objectively as I can, I just can't see it happening. It just doesn't make sense for UTEP or CUSA, especially financially. I can't believe that them being decent in basketball and OCCASIONALLY being able to draw 25,000+ to home football games would outweigh the obvious financial and geographical disadvantages they would pose. I just hope like hell they are only using this to sweeten their deal with the WAC. I am not looking forward to trips to Jonesboro, Lafayette, Middle Tenn., and BARF - Malone Stadium!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I can't believe that they would make the offer to UTEP either. Like I stated, Plan A is still VERY much alive.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Folks, I think we are being a little bit delusional here. I am going to assume UTEP is going ... The AD's are likely looking at TV sets. There is SOME hope with the presidents but I have seen this happen too many times. We are ALWAYS so close, yet so far away. The stakes for us are way too high in this game compared to anyone else. That said, I am glad we are in this position. Would you rather be in the mix and snubbed or not in the mix at all? Not exactly fun now, but being in the mix means we are in a position that some of our other fan friends are NOT in. A decision has to be made and often times groups of people make BAD DECISIONS ... look at Bill Clinton

One good thing to hold on to is the hope that the Big East will expand and take ONE of the eastern schools in CUSA. I have doubts that expansion will happen anytime soon, but it can. That puts us in the drivers seat should CUSA need to expand again. I seriously doubt that UTEP, Rice, SMU and Tulsa are going to hang us out to dry after this and with an eastern school gone, they will avoid this MAC/Temple nonsense the next time around.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Time to start the ball rolling on Plan B - firing everyone responsible for the failure of Plan A.

You just think it's been hard to gain support for the program so far. How's it going to be when we have to start going backwards. This could spell the end of 1-A sports for Tech.

anyone that thinks the WAC is an option if UTEP goes to CUSA is kidding themselves. Our only option will be the Sunbelt, if they would take us.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Our only option will be the Sunbelt, if they would take us.
    You have GOT to be a ULM fan.

You MAY have standards, but they're really LOW. The "start" of going backwards is to join the belch.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Killer, we might be able to stay in the WAC 1-2 more years max. At that point, there are two choices...1)Southland 2)Belt.

I appreciate your hatred toward the Belt. In fact, I cannot begin to describe the disappointment that I feel right now, but I see the writing on the wall.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    Killer, we might be able to stay in the WAC 1-2 more years max. At that point, there are two choices...1)Southland 2)Belt.

I appreciate your hatred toward the Belt. In fact, I cannot begin to describe the disappointment that I feel right now, but I see the writing on the wall.
    If you think that joining the belch is an option, you can't even see the wall.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Killer,

With feasibility in mind, what do you suggest?

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    KD

Know your role. The SUN BELT is exactly where Tech belongs. The only D-1a conference they can compete in now.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    Know your role. The SUN BELT is exactly where Tech belongs. The only D-1a conference they can compete in now.
    E tu Brute?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    KD

It's all about image. The belch is NOT recognized as a legitimate D-1A conference.

Tech would get more respect joining the Southland.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    It is not about respect but playing where you can compete financially and athletically. The Sun Belt is the ONLY place for LTU!

+ Reply to Thread