+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a Plan B?

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Killer,

I will play the role of an artist right now and paint a picture of our current image...a two-bit whore sobbing on the street corner because she just got turned down numerous times over the past several months. We had to take the chance, but now our image is shot to hell. I assume your response to 28 signifies that your proposed plan of action would be to head to the Southland?

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    It is not about respect but playing where you can compete financially and athletically.
    Does this "respect-not-required" gene run in your family?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    The Sunbelt would be like starting all over again, and we're not even on good footing to do that in the sports that really matter right now - football, and mbb. This is nauseating! I can't help but wonder what would've happened if we'd done what we should have at the conclusion of the football season. I truly believe we'd have more money in the bank - even with the huge payoff. With the conference talk, buildup and people being excited with a new football coach....did I mention this is nauseating? We have shot our wad apparently and are not in a very good spot now.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    I assume your response to 28 signifies that your proposed plan of action would be to head to the Southland?
    Nope. Just that the Southland would be better than the belch.

But, then again, so would the Mid-Con.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    KD

I am tired of going to games where there are 5,000 fans and watching teams like RICE beat the crap out of Tech. Tech will get more respect by playing in the Sun Belt, going to New Orleans to a Bowl game and becoming a winner again instead of being a LOSER like we have been in every sport over the last couple of years. We might have games with other state schools where 20,000 or more people show up!

WAKE UP! We have Zero fan support, high school facilities, and NO MONEY!

AND MOST OF ALL

NO PLAN!

Simply put, a move to the Sunbelt is the first step out of this level of competition. If we cannot "gut it out" in the WAC, then call McNeese State, Northwestern, and Southeastern and see if we can move back into their conferences. Why waste our time and money trying to improve if we are going to the Sunbelt?

A move to the Sunbelt will be financially devastating towards any hopes to move ahead. Hey, I only suspect it but I think many of the small and maybe some of the big financial supporters of the atheletic department will fade away... I know I will.

KD

I am tired of going to games where there are 5,000 fanns and watching teams like RICE beat the crap out of Tech. Tech wil get more respect by playing in the Sun Belt, going to New Orleans to a Bowl game and becoming a winner again instead of being a LOSER like we have been in every sport over the last couple of years.
    Exactly how long do you think we will be a winner in the belch?

Our recruiting will sink to the belch level next year, and the following year we will be competing with the monroe jc for athletes.

Then we will be losers at a lower level.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    [quote:6c97a9582e="glm47"]Our only option will be the Sunbelt, if they would take us.
    You have GOT to be a ULM fan.

You MAY have standards, but they're really LOW. The "start" of going backwards is to join the belch.[/quote:6c97a9582e]

No hoss and i'm not in favor of the sunbelt, but it's all we'll be able to afford. And based on our commitment to athletics it's really where we should be.

How will we bea able to afford to stay in the WAC? And independent? Please. There are NO OTHER OPTIONS.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    KD

Why were we not losers in the 70s and 80s? Because we competed with teams we should be playing! Get real,

UM, AUBURN, UT, and Fresno! Find one coach in America that wants to play those four teams in a row. We do not have the money to play in the WAC or be attractive to USA! The Sun Belt is a D-1a conference with a Bowl game in New Orleans which is far better then Boise or San Jose!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    KD

Why were we not losers in the 70s and 80s? Because we competed with teams we should be playing! Get real,

UM, AUBURN, UT, and Fresno! Find one coach in America that wants to play those four teams in a row. We do not have the money to play in the WAC or be attractive to USA! The Sun Belt is a D-1a conference with a Bowl game in New Orleans which is far better then Boise or San Jose!
    And, you've become an LSU and Auburn fan, why? I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to invest time and money into a program that doesn't aspire to be first rate. We made a committment to 1A and have done well with it at times. We've taken a nose dive last year - in committment and performance. I don't expect Tech to win NC in football, but if we can't even be respectable at a certain level (not the belt) I'm certainly not ready to throw my money and time at it. I love college football, but not at the D1AA or D2 level and that's about what the belt is. They sent a team with a LOSING record to their bowl game year before last! YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    No hoss and i'm not in favor of the sunbelt, but it's all we'll be able to afford. And based on our commitment to athletics it's really where we should be.

How will we bea able to afford to stay in the WAC? And independent? Please. There are NO OTHER OPTIONS.
    I gave you credit for having SOME standards, horse, but I take that back.

+ Reply to Thread