+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CUSA disappointment

I know how LaTech fans feel....NT got left "behind" also. Like NT, you just have to keep on keeping on, building your program and facilities.

Would be interested in La Tech fans interest in the following:

La Tech and NMSU both return to the Sun Belt. Idaho goes into WAC, Denver is dropped. That way we keep the New Orleans Bowl.

New League:

La Tech
    North Texas
    NMSU
    Ark St
    La Laf
    Troy State
    ?

SMU doesn't want to play NT
    TCU doesn't want to play SMU
    UTEP doesn't want to play NMSU
    La Tech doesn't want to play ?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I know you're trying to be nice, Oldtimer, but the fact is UNT is not in the same situation as Louisiana Tech.

UNT is still in the same conference today that they were in a year ago, 2 years ago and 3 years ago. That's not the case with Louisiana Tech. We were in a far superior conference and hold a WINNING overall record in every major sport (save for baseball) against the 3 EWAC schools that were invited to CUSA. But somehow we're being told we're not good enough.

Only through a comedy of errors never seen before have Tech officials allowed our wonderful university to be left behind, and our good name dragged through the mud. We are now STRANDED 1,000 miles from the nearest WAC conference school. That pretty much sucks.

UNT is not in that situation.

I sincerely pray to God that we get REVENGE SOMEHOW, SOMEWHERE, SOMEWAY.

HD

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar
    La Tech doesn't want to play ULM!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I'm not sure why everyone is so disappointed. When TCU confirmed it was leaving I understood then, that an invite from CUSA for Tech, had to come SOON! If it was coming at all. That didn't happen. It's obvious, based on their criteria, that CUSA placed numerous others above us on their wish list. Tech really only became a contender AFTER Temple and the MAC schools bowed out. And then, we were always behind UTEP in the pecking order. Furthermore, UNT was behind us!

The point is, when TCU left and Tech was not instantly invited to join the other EWACers in CUSA, I knew we were a long shot.

Now, the sensible thing to do is to join the Belt and see if Tech can build itself up in terms of attendance and budget. I realize that'll be made harder in the Belt, but our budget woes leave us with no choice. The WAC is not viable.

Hard to be "disappointed" when this is what I was expecting all along.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    I'm not sure why everyone is so disappointed. When TCU confirmed it was leaving I understood then, that an invite from CUSA for Tech, had to come SOON! If it was coming at all. That didn't happen. It's obvious, based on their criteria, that CUSA placed numerous others above us on their wish list. Tech really only became a contender AFTER Temple and the MAC schools bowed out. And then, we were always behind UTEP in the pecking order. Furthermore, UNT was behind us!

The point is, when TCU left and Tech was not instantly invited to join the other EWACers in CUSA, I knew we were a long shot.
    You are 100% correct sir.

When they started throwing the Temples and the MAC's in the hat, I knew CUSA had us WAY down on the list. We tried to win by default with a Jack Kicker in a game of Poker.

Enough from me today, time to golf. WAY too much stress one day after April 15th. :?

+ Reply to Thread