+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Tech comes back to the Sunbelt.

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Please make sure that part of the conditions is that the little sisters of the poor JUCO in Funroe gets its football only membership revoked. Why couldn't UL, ASU, UNT come into the WAC to make and eastern division workable for the WAC?

Puppy Badgerwolf is on the way downBadgerwolf is on the way down Badgerwolf's Avatar
    The E-WAC did not work for SMU, Rice, and Tulsa; I do not see how it will work for UL, UNT, and stAte. The WAC has no Eastern bowls; it is a WESTERN focused conference.
    8-)
    We Are A-State!!!
    Respect All -- Fear None!

Bingo!

Hell it was sad for Tech and Tulsaand the likes to be competing for bowl bids and our own conference hoping we dont make it because the western bowls preferred western teams.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    And just what conference will the NO Bowl go to when the Sun Belt fails. All of you think that the Sun Belt is going to stay 1a????????????? Give me a break!

You republicans and your pre-emptive crap!

If the cost of doing business in the WAC becomes too much of a burden on La. Tech's finances, I think the Sun Belt should only offer Tech a football-only membership, similar to what we have done with ULM. Let Tech join the Southland for all other sports.

Under no circumstances should Tech be allowed to call any shots, like determining ULM's football-only membership in the Sun Belt.

If Tech can't/won't accept the football-only terms, then let them go broke as a member of the WAC or as an independent.

The comments from Tech fans on this board concerning the Sun Belt and it's member schools, only reinforces my belief that the best interests of present Sun Belt members would be to offer no membership assistance to Tech and sit back and watch as they wither on the WAC/independent vine and die.

Puppy OsageJ is on the way down
    and Amen.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asuwon
    If the cost of doing business in the WAC becomes too much of a burden on La. Tech's finances, I think the Sun Belt should only offer Tech a football-only membership, similar to what we have done with ULM. Let Tech join the Southland for all other sports.

Under no circumstances should Tech be allowed to call any shots, like determining ULM's football-only membership in the Sun Belt.

If Tech can't/won't accept the football-only terms, then let them go broke as a member of the WAC or as an independent.

The comments from Tech fans on this board concerning the Sun Belt and it's member schools, only reinforces my belief that the best interests of present Sun Belt members would be to offer no membership assistance to Tech and sit back and watch as they wither on the WAC/independent vine and die.
    At least we now have something to laugh about on the BB&B.

You know your athletic program is going through some trying times when the morons from ASU feel compelled to speak down to you. Let's face it, college sports just doesn't get any worse than ASU.

LA Tech accomplishes more in ALL sports in one (1) year than ASU does in a decade. And that's no exxageration. Go away little man.

You guys can beg all you want....but LA Tehc ain't joining the belt. And if you don't shut your mouth, we won't let you in the WAC either. (God, I can't believe ASU would make it anyway.)

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

At least we now have something to laugh about on the BB&B.

You know your athletic program is going through some trying times when the morons from ASU feel compelled to speak down to you. Let's face it, college sports just doesn't get any worse than ASU.

LA Tech accomplishes more in ALL sports in one (1) year than ASU does in a decade. And that's no exxageration. Go away little man.

You guys can beg all you want....but LA Tech isn't joining the Sunbelt. And if you don't shut your mouth, we may not let you ASU clowns in the WAC either. (God, I can't believe ASU would make it anyway.)

HD

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    HD, I was thinking this was an awfully unusual thing - when ASU people are coming over to get uppity on our board. No. We simply cannot sink THAT low!

since San Jose State is considering dropping their football to division I-AA or so I've heard

if they let UTEP LA Tech and San Jose leave the football conference, it leaves them with 6 football members, even adding Idaho would only bring them to 7, and they need 8

the WAC wont easily let Tech go because of its stature in women's basketball, if they did, that would be stupidity on the part of the WAC, not Tech officials

so my guess is that they will take North Texas, Idaho, Louisiana-LAfayette and Arkansas State at this time. Other than Idaho, there really isnt anyone else left out west for them to take unless they dip into I-AA teams and take Montana and Northern Arizona but that is highly unlikely

but I doubt the WAC will ever consider Louisiana-Monroe

I can definitely see them considering ULL and that would be a good move for them, ULL is in decent shape athletically and they appear to have the desire to get better, plus it would not only give Tech an eastern rival, but an in-state rival as well, who could actually compete in some sports. no way will there be more than 2 La schools in the WAC though

North Texas and Idaho are also good matches for the WAC, but North Texas needs serious work in terms of its mens basketball team

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    You guys can beg all you want....but LA Tehc ain't joining the belt.
    Think whatever you want, but, it's not the Sun Belt who is doing the begging, and all the posts on this board filled with complaints and denial aren't going to change a thing.

It's only a matter of finalizing the details.

La. Tech will be in the Sun Belt within 2 years.

Lick it, stamp it, and head to the mailbox.

It's practically a done deal.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I love it when people that know nothing speak with authority, don't you asuwon!?

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Most Sunbelt teams would be glad to have Tech back. I recognize the ISP and names of these folks and I believe they have gay lovers in Funroe. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

[quote:6ac99d72f3="HogDawg"]You guys can beg all you want....but LA Tehc ain't joining the belt.
    Think whatever you want, but, it's not the Sun Belt who is doing the begging, and all the posts on this board filled with complaints and denial aren't going to change a thing.

It's only a matter of finalizing the details.

La. Tech will be in the Sun Belt within 2 years.

Lick it, stamp it, and head to the mailbox.

It's practically a done deal.[/quote:6ac99d72f3]

Listen to this guy. he speaks the truth. WE are going to need the Sunbelt one day or we are going to need the Sunbelt teams. Either way someone is going to have to come to our rescue to keep us from withering away.

+ Reply to Thread