+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Paper "Report" a Fabrication

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Ok guys - Tulane's AD was in Monroe tonight. He claims that the CUSA AD's forwarded three possible moves to the presidents:

1. Stay at 11
    2. Add La Tech
    3. Add Utep

He said that some schools wanted to stay at 11, some schools want us and some schools want utep. There was no majority decision.

All three suggetions, with the pros and cons, have been forwarded to the presidents.

He firmly stated that in NO WAY is Tech out of the running and NOTHING has been decided.

The Orlando story is a complete fabrication.

Folks, remember we have been lobbying the presidents NOT THE ADs. I think we slide by UTEP for the invite.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Very cool.

HD

It's interesting that the El Paso paper hasn't run anything about the situation for a couple of days.

Folks, remember we have been lobbying the presidents NOT THE ADs. I think we slide by UTEP for the invite.
    If we squeak by it will come as a HUGE shock to C-USA and UTEP fans alike. Reading comments on other boards, one gets the impression that UTEP to C-USA is a done deal. I hope I get to watch their collective jaw drop when the C-USA presidents set out the welcome mat for LA Tech!

Also, I hope Karl Benson lobbys the presidents too. He has almost as much to lose by UTEP leaving as we do.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Well, I heard there are WMDs in El Paso...who'd want to go there?

Ya mean that the Orlando paper "purposely" fabricated a story just to aid some hidden agenda? Nah, that would never happen...would it?

If all that "UTEP is the choice" bullcrap is just that: bullcrap. Then, thank gawd we're still alive and kicking!

This is like some roller coaster ride!

Puppy BigEasyBulldog is an unknown
    Man, I just lost what little respect i had for the media. Printing knowingly false material should be grounds for a firing to say the least. But of course it will just get swept under the rug like it never happened. :thumbsdo: Whatever happend to responsible journalism. :?:

Whatever happend to responsible journalism.
    I thought The New York Times had a hired all the crooked journalists!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    [quote="SummaCumDoggie"]
    ................ responsible journalism.
    Now there's a thought! = translated by today's press = No thought, is there.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyBulldog
    Whatever happend to responsible journalism. :?:
    "responsible journalism"

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Man, I just lost what little respect i had for the media. Printing knowingly false material should be grounds for a firing to say the least. But of course it will just get swept under the rug like it never happened. :thumbsdo: Whatever happend to responsible journalism. :?:
    What do you expect for 50 cents?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Well, I lost that respect when the Fresno Bee came out a few years ago and said that Fresno State to the MWC was a done deal.

So there you go ... Journalists will state their opinion as fact. Nothing will be done about it. If they are right, then they are heralded as having "the scoop." If they are wrong ... oh well, my sources weren't solid.

And life goes on and Americans still believe what they read. It a good lesson to learn sooner or later. I trust bloggers over mainstream press ... and there are some wacko bloggers. They all have agendas and they are obvious about it. It makes it quite easy to glean real information from articles when you can identify the bias by looking at the ad in the upper right corner for T-Shirts proclaiming "Freedom of Choice" with pictures of every handgun known to man.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    Ok guys - Tulane's AD was in Monroe tonight. He claims that the CUSA AD's forwarded three possible moves to the presidents:

1. Stay at 11
    2. Add La Tech
    3. Add Utep

He said that some schools wanted to stay at 11, some schools want us and some schools want utep. There was no majority decision.

All three suggetions, with the pros and cons, have been forwarded to the presidents.

He firmly stated that in NO WAY is Tech out of the running and NOTHING has been decided.

The Orlando story is a complete fabrication.

Did you talk to him or did someone else? Not doubting you one bit, just curious. When are the presidents supposed to meet? April 30th?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    I believe it was James Adair of KTVE that questioned Tulane's AD.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    That is why you need to only watch FOX NEWS! "Fair and Balanced!"

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    [quote:b946f81f5f="BigEasyBulldog"]Man, I just lost what little respect i had for the media. Printing knowingly false material should be grounds for a firing to say the least. But of course it will just get swept under the rug like it never happened. :thumbsdo: Whatever happend to responsible journalism. :?:
    That is why you need to only watch FOX NEWS! "Fair and Balanced!" [/quote:b946f81f5f]

No, FOX News ='s Conservative Republicans(is that redundant?) telling the truth not being biased toward the left unlike ABC, CBS, & NBC

+ Reply to Thread