+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ... and again Tech Tennis wins

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    This time against SLU in a sweep. 7-3 under Coach T, 8-10 on the year.

We face a very tough UNO tomorrow.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Great news! They must be some tough and resilient girls to have faced the adversity they have this season and come back like this! They've not lost much lately at all! A bright spot!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    We lost a close one to UNO today, 4-3. We lost by a few points in one doubles match.

We just finished our last match of the season before the conference tournament. We beat Southern, who is in first place in the SWAC, 5-1. We finished 9-10 on the year, 8-4 under Coach T.

The girls deserve kudos for how they rallied together under an extremely tough situation.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    We just finished our last match of the season before the conference tournament. We beat Southern, who is in first place in the SWAC, 5-1. We finished 9-10 on the year, 8-4 under Coach T.

The girls deserve kudos for how they rallied together under an extremely tough situation.
    And kudos to the new coach too. Sounds like Oakes knew what he was doing afterall.

HD

Hog, again, you show your ignorance. Oakes DID NOT FIRE Greg. Greg quit.

I'm friends with Greg and Terrence, and so I will not get into the merits as to who I believe is the better coach. But, one thing you apparently don't know is that Oakes did not want Terrence to be even the interim coach. Terrance got the job by default and has faired quit well regardless.

Finally, Terrence will be the first to sing the praises of what Greg has done for that team.

Girls, I know you read this board. Ignore Hog. He is a totally ignorant on the subject of tennis. I wanted this to be a positive thread leading into the conference tournament. Keep your heads up.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Hog, again, you show your ignorance. Oakes DID NOT FIRE Greg. Greg quit.

I'm friends with Greg and Terrance, and so I will not get into the merits as to who I believe is the better coach. But, one thing you apparently don't know is that Oakes did not want Terrance to be even the interim coach. Terrance got the job by default and has faired quit well regardless.

Finally, Terrance will be the first to sing the praises of what Greg has done for that team.

Girls, I know you read this board. Ignore Hog. He is a totally ignorant on the subject of tennis. I wanted this to be a positive thread leading into the conference tournament. Keep your heads up.
    Oh, that's just great. Instead of showing these young girls MATURE leadership from adult, you're teaching them to hate their Athletic Director and be bitter. That's just classic.

Regardless of who hired him, it sounds like the NEW tennis coach is doing very well, much better than the last one. I sincerely congratulate him and the girls on thier great comeback (8-4 record?) this season. That's outstanding.

Now, if we can just get Bicknell to get his team to perform like that we'll be doing nicely.

HD

Your patronizing me, and you are patronizing the girls. Believe me, I’m not “teaching” them anything. They know all about Oakes on their own. In fact, I have probably learned as much about our esteemed leader from former and current tennis players than I have learned from anyone else. To give Oakes any credit at all for anything positive that has happened with the tennis team will be rightfully interpreted as an insult by the players, and I don’t have to tell them that.

Now, I would like to get back on point. The girls deserve a lot of credit for what they have accomplished. Terrence deserves a lot of credit for his accomplishments. Everyone that has one bit of knowledge about the tennis team knows that Greg deserves a lot of credit for his contributions as well.

Again, congratulations to the girls and to Terrence.

Your patronizing me, and you are patronizing the girls.
    Let's be clear: I was patronizing YOU in response to your rude post, not the girls. So, don't drag the girls into this.

The only reason you feel "patronized" is because you continue to put yourself in that positon.

As I stated before, we (Tech fans) are all proud of the girls tennis team's performance this season. They deserve to be applauded. I'm sure Jim Oakes is proud of them too. I only hope that the girls know this and truly believe that somebody out here supports them and cares about them just like you obviously do.

HD

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar
    Where is the conference tourney?

TF!

I believe Rice is hosting it this year.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Its in Houston the weekend of the 30th.

Great job under amazing conditions you guys pulled together when you could only ask your team to help. Everyone supports what you are doing

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Excellent news!

Most excellent news, dude! If these young ladies get their karma right, who knows what they might accomplish at the tournament.

+ Reply to Thread