+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head Coach might be PRICE-Y

Myth: Mike Price is a football god and savior of UTEP.

Fact: In 22 seasons as a head coach, he's had 10 winning seasons. His record at Washington State was 83-77 (.518).
    His overall record is 129-121 (.516). Yes, he was national coach of the year in 1997. That 10-2 season was
    sandwiched between these stellar years: 1995, 3-8; 1996, 5-6; 1998, 3-8; 1999, 3-7; 2000, 4-7. He then followed that with two 10-2 seasons
    Good point! I guess the '97 coach of the year was more of a "Most Improved" type of award. Still, I think that he is a step up for the Miners, and a selling point they are neglecting. Moreover, it is a blueprint for success. A good coach can take a bunch of mediocre players and make 'em winners. After that, success breeds success. Look at FSU. Once they got Bowden (who had a proven record some place in the north east, maybe West Verginia?) and beat UofF a few times, it snow balled. They are a good team now b/c they played the big boys and won -- thats another reason I would support us staying in the WAC if the only other choice is the Sunbelt.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    geedawg, no matter what your momma says, no one on this board is your daddy. Just keep searching the message boards. Your dad may have attended some college, somewhere.

The sunbelt may not last as a conference with the financial and attendance troubles many of its members face. I think it would be counter productive for tech to leave the WAC for the Sun Belt for financial reasons. At least with the WAC we have an advantage in recruiting ovver the schools in the Sun Belt. The Sun Belt teams are great for OC games but I don't think we belong in the conference.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Good points, detLTU

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Guys there are two possibilities with Mike Price. One, he learns that there's a good reason why UTEP is a perennial doormat -- it's a terrible place for recruiting. Two, he manages to have one good season, and some BCS conference team gives him another chance. Does anyone seriously think the guy will not take the first bus ticket out of El Paso?

Nothing about CUSA's decision making has anything to do with Price -- other than the price of TV money.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geedawg
    Hogdawg, no I have not met any of the posters on this board. Though I'm sure I have passed several of you by at Tech games.
    You need to go out of your way to meet at least one of us.

Start with DFM. It'll help your outlook on life immensely.

+ Reply to Thread