+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note from Tech Tennis Coach

My name is Terrence De Jongh and I am from Aruba, Dutch Caribbean Island. I have been Assistant Coach for the Lady Techsters Tennis Team for the past four and a half years. I was named Interim Head Coach for the team in the beginning of this past March. The team has worked hard and achieved many victories, and I am very grateful for the girls’ efforts and for everyone who has supported us.

I would like to take this opportunity to specially thank all the people who helped the tennis team go to El Paso, Texas to play against UTEP and Hawaii. It really means a lot to the team to be able to play away matches against WAC opponents, and this could not have been accomplished without all the team supporters. The girls and I are also thankful for all those persons who have supported us financially, or with equipment; to all who have cheered for us during home games, we really appreciate it.

I would also like to thank Mr. Jim Oakes, the Athletic Director for Louisiana Tech, for giving me the opportunity to serve the tennis team as Interim Head Coach for the rest of the year.

Overall, I want to thank the tennis team girls for stepping up and finishing the regular season strong, and for staying together during difficult times.

Now, the regular season is over, and we only have the Conference tournament left. I am very happy with how the girls managed to fight during the season and how all the hard work paid off; we have accomplished a lot this season.

We finished the regular season with a 9-11 record, which is the best in the last couple of years. Out of 11 matches we lost this season, 6 could have gone either way. Unfortunately we lost these very close, 3 points to 4. These past two years we have finished last (10) in the WAC. However, this year we will be ranked between 8 and 6 in the WAC.

Out of our 7 girls on the team, 4 have a winning singles record and 2 out of 3 doubles team also have a winning record. This is a significant difference compared to other years. This year we have played more matches under a tougher schedule compared to other years.

Our tennis team is young, and I believe everyone gained some good experience this year, on or off the court. Hopefully, we can use this experience to build on and be stronger for next year.

Again, thank you all, and please keep supporting tech tennis for next season.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Congrats, Coach, on finishing strong.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar
    Coach,

I have to admit I know little about tennis but I have to say I am impressed that you spoke out on the board (good example for your comrades to follow). There have been a number of posts on here about how our tennis team is doing great things. Keep up the good work. When the next request for contributions to help your team comes through I will be sure to contribute.

Regards...

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Thanks for the great report, Terrence! Y'all have really been piling on some wins the last month or so - nice to finish strong. Sure wish y'all well in the tournament as well.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game
    Thanks for posting, coach, and congratulations to you and the ladies for your efforts this season. Best of luck in the upcoming tourney!!!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar
    Thanks for steppin up to the plate and givin TECH somthing to be proud of.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    Congratulations coach

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Thanks, Coach!!! We are all proud of what the team has accomplished and look forward to a successful Tournament showing. Let the girls know that we support them and are rooting for them to continue their success!

On another note, thanks for posting your message. All the people here are avid Tech Fans and we love to hear from our coaches. Don't be a stranger here. Let us know what your needs are and I'm sure I speak for the large percentage of our 1200+ site membership when I say we will do all we can to help support those goals. We enjoy putting our money and support behind programs which have a formula for success and a vision for what they want to become. We will continue to be here for you whenever you need us.

TDF (Chris)

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Congrats to you and your team Coach! And many,many thanks for posting on BB&B! Good luck to the team at the tourney. You will have BB&B's 100% support!

Very cool, man! Good luck in the WAC tourney.

kick some wac butt--good luck and congrats

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Congrats Coach! You are a real leader and a class act!

Thanks for posting!

Ya'all had a great season after all...keep up the good work. I'm sure all tech fans are proud of you. Girls go whip some tennis butts!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Yes, good to have an interim coach who is able to be direct with the fans!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Thanks Terrence for stepping in at a diffficult time and bringing LEADERSHIP to our girls tennis program. They obviously responded well to your coaching and are to be commended for their play this season.

You made us proud!

HD

+ Reply to Thread