+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Conf USA=

I work for a High School in Shreveport, and I was entering the building I ran into a recruiter from Arkansas St. He was coming to look at one our best players and raved about him, but I couldn't help but to ask him about the conference situation. I asked him i ASU would consider jumping to the WAC if asked because of La.Tech's situation. He turned to me and smiled and said "you're kidding me right? If we ever end up in the same conference it'll be because La.Tech joined the Sunbelt bottom line. Arkansas St. joining the WAC would be crazy." :?

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    Shouldn't the title of this be something like "No WAC for ASU" or thereabouts? I don't think that I have ever read anything to the effect that ASU has been seriously considered for C-USA membership.

Now my take on this whole issue of Tech needing to get back in the SBC. First, the relationship that Tech had with ASU during the SLC days and as independents in football was a caustic one. There was never any fan interest in competition between Tech and ASU, at least from the Tech side. However, there was a real and persistent condition of hatred and contempt from both sides. No real rivalry in the true sense, no big crowds, no media coverage, no money either. When Tech quit the series in football I was glad. Yes, I know we beat them 9 out of the last 10 times we played them......so I suppose the loss of a near automatic win is something.

If you were in Indian Stadium in 1989 you would understand just how much these two schools hate each other. Yet, even for the riot of '89 there was not a big crowd..maybe 14,000K, with perhaps 300 to 400 Tech fans.

Anytime there is a relationship built on hatred and contempt it is a bad thing. If Tech ever does have to join a conference with ASU I am convinced that it will turn ugly from the get go. And the media and fans in general won't care or even know about it because Tech vs. ASU just doesn't interest anyone.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I really don't think an assistant coach would make that decision. This may be your stupidest post yet, gee(I hate La Tech)dawg.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Hasn't it occoured to you yet that nobody here cares to hear the crap you keep offering up?

Guys, if we do get into CUSA I really think geedawg might be so distraught he'll throw himself off of the I-20 bridge into the Ouachita. If not him, then that jackass poster from Arkansas miStake is almost a dead lock to go jump in front of an 18-wheeler.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Geedawg really is interesting. Is he the Fair Park janitor?

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Geedawg really is interesting. Is he the Fair Park janitor?
    Geedawg, you got to change your dosage because what you are using now isn't working. The lithium is not working, man!

You obviously live in a hateful little world that has Louisiana Tech University as its epicenter. A very unhealthy situation, dude! And fantasizing about the quality of Northeast Louisiana University's academic and athletic prowess won't get you there.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    I was at A-State in 1989! We put our foot in their ass!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    "We"? I didn't know Auburn played A State in 1989. But then, who cares?

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    Everybody, BUT STOVER!!!!

I remember hearing Dave say, all Tech players were engaged in the fight with the injuns, and then, oh wait... There's one player left on the Tech sideline... Looks to be, yes , that's Matt Stover!!!

You can never count on kickers when the shit hits the fan!!!! :wink:

I think Cannaday was getting his ass kicked by about 4 guys at once... Maybe that was the K State or Kansas game!!!! It was all fun!!!

We LOVE you STOVE!!!

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    [quote:c3d952f319="BIG DOG28"]I was at A-State in 1989! We put our foot in their ass!
    Everybody, BUT STOVER!!!!

I remember hearing Dave say, all Tech players were engaged in the fight with the injuns, and then, oh wait... There's one player left on the Tech sideline... Looks to be, yes , that's Matt Stover!!!

You can never count on kickers when the shit hits the fan!!!! :wink:

We LOVE you STOVE!!![/quote:c3d952f319]

:haha: He had to conserve his strength for "guests" at the Deke house.
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I really don't think an assistant coach would make that decision. This may be your stupidest post yet, gee(I hate La Tech)dawg.
    I agree. That is like saying that Bicknell makes the decisions for TECH. Everyone has an opinion. But, you act like because he said it, it is so. I don't think so! We all like to say what we will and will not do. But, the bottom line for ASU just like every other school is money. If they think it would be benefical to them they would move regardless of what Joe Blow says.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    But, the bottom line for ASU just like every other school is money. If they think it would be benefical to them they would move regardless of what Joe Blow says.

Exactly!

It has already been concluded that a move to the WAC would not be beneficial to ASU.

How beneficial has membership in the WAC been for La. Tech's finances?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asuwon
    [quote:ff004819fc="Cal&Ken"]But, the bottom line for ASU just like every other school is money. If they think it would be benefical to them they would move regardless of what Joe Blow says.

Exactly!

It has already been concluded that a move to the WAC would not be beneficial to ASU.

How beneficial has membership in the WAC been for La. Tech's finances?[/quote:ff004819fc]

It's given us a chance to MAYBE move up further in class and in finances. Meanwhile, ASU is stuck in the delta mud, with no forseeable chance to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    It's given us a chance to MAYBE move up further in class and in finances. Meanwhile, ASU is stuck in the delta mud, with no forseeable chance to move up.
    You didn't answer my question.

How beneficial has membership in the WAC been for La. Tech's finances?

Is a "CHANCE to MAYBE" the best you can do?

How many times have the Arkansas State Indians played on television over the past 3 or 4 years? Once? Twice? You cannot compare goats to sheep!

+ Reply to Thread