+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Conference Shake-Ups?

While in Lafayette for business yesterday and today, I have been listening to 1420 ESPN Radio. On air in the mornings is a show called "Thinking Out Loud." I can't remember what the host's name is... but anyway.

The ULL AD (Schexnayder) was on the air this morning discussing their search for a permanent head basketball coach. It was all blah, blah, blah for a long time.... In fact I was about to turn the station when out of nowhere, the host asked Schexnayder to comment about "reports" out of Kentucky that WKU would be offered and accept membership in the MAC, exiting the Belt. Of course, the AD dismissed the "reports" as speculation... And it very well could be. Maybe I missed some sort of announcement, but I thought WKU was 1-AA.

Does this really impact Tech? Hopefully not. But if it plays out, I think it certainly gives more urgency to us getting into C-USA. It appears that the Belt is imploding -- not that it was a viable option anyway.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    The Belt is imploding. There is no option there. I thought WKU was 1aa too. The MAC for bball, possibly?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired

The ULL AD (Schexnayder) was on the air this morning discussing their search for a permanent head basketball coach. It was all blah, blah, blah for a long time....
    Why is ULL looking for a BB coach? What happened to Evans?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    University of San Francisco is what happened to Coach Evans. I'm trying to figure why that'd be a promotion - of course, ULL is in the Belch, so...guess so.

To everybody that thinks ULL has vision -- how about this? Schexnayder said on the air that they should be able to get a good up-and-coming coach because ULL has shown that it can be a good stepping stone to a bigger and better situation.

I'm not sure I would want this kind of "vision." Picture this -- the last two coaches have left Lafayette to go to DENVER and UNIV OF SAN FRAN respectively... Those are two powerhouses!

Puppy VS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really niceVS is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired
    To everybody that thinks ULL has vision -- how about this? Schexnayder said on the air that they should be able to get a good up-and-coming coach because ULL has shown that it can be a good stepping stone to a bigger and better situation.

I'm not sure I would want this kind of "vision." Picture this -- the last two coaches have left Lafayette to go to DENVER and UNIV OF SAN FRAN respectively... Those are two powerhouses!
    Beats the alternative- having careers end at ULL (and not because of a glorious retirement), which pretty much has happened to every football coach they've had, since the days of the Gulf States Conference.

The coach at denver was fired by ULL. His two predecessors resigned from ull and went to south florida and mississippi state.

SF was pretty good when Russell was there.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    WCC, which San Fran is a member has been a two NCAA tourny bid team thanks to Gonzaga the last couple of years. Much better than the Sun Belt which is guaranteed to only get one in. Plus Evans is a west coast guy as he was an assistant at Arizona.

+ Reply to Thread