+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: It's over - we are not the choice...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    BamaDawg>> do you have some surprises as well to tell us? Your post is intriguing.
    He's campaigning for Oakes' job.

HD

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:ca4f631cd1="TYLERTECHSAS"]BamaDawg>> do you have some surprises as well to tell us? Your post is intriguing.

HD[/quote:ca4f631cd1]

Sorry Hog, I am not. I am talking with a few clubs about GM jobs in MiLB, but in no shape or form am I or will I campain for Oakes' job.

One day, however, I may pursue the Athletics Director position at Louisiana Tech University. I would never want Oakes job. The 2 jobs are separate and not the same.

Thanks for the thought though.

Martie

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDawg
    [quote:2e4b67b1e6="HogDawg"][quote:2e4b67b1e6="TYLERTECHSAS"]BamaDawg>> do you have some surprises as well to tell us? Your post is intriguing.

HD[/quote:2e4b67b1e6]

One day, however, I may pursue the Athletics Director position at Louisiana Tech University. I would never want Oakes job. The 2 jobs are separate and not the same.

[/quote:2e4b67b1e6]

Quote of the day,and oh so true!

However, since Congress and the Israli Army are reading all of this, perhaps we should point these things out in the recruiting forum?

Sorry, promised to shut up on this Forum and go Recruiting only but couldn't resist.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    [quote:9f0e1c8340="HogDawg"][quote:9f0e1c8340="DFWDawg"]I am with Champion and will wait to see an official announcement. Louisiana Tech perfectly fits with Conference USA academically and athletically. If we do not get in then I will have a small anger management problem and will look to the administration for an explanation.
    EXACTLY! I've heard of people "overreacting" before, but this is beyond rediculous.

After seeing Dwayne's "happy post" of the day, I made some phone calls, and I heard from a VERY inside and reliable source (sorry, I can't reveal "who") that Louisiana Tech is STILL very much in the CUSA hunt.

That's right. The "insiders" in Ruston are saying that Dwayne's posts are blatantly false. (Hey, don't blame me. They were STUNNED that Dwayne posted what he did.) In fact, the insiders are now afraid that Dwayne's post --along with eveyone else's OVERREACTION-- may hurt LA Tech's chances by making it easier for CUSA to tell us "no". Afterall, if we're EXPECTING a "no" from CUSA, it makes it easier for them to deliver a "no". So essentially, Dwayne and his friends are practically "WILLING" us to doom by posting something that's just not true (at this point!).

Everybody should just take a chill pill and wait for Friday.

HD[/quote:9f0e1c8340]

The silliest, most absurd thing I have ever read.

HD, if someone actually told you this board MAY HAVE, MIGHT, or WILL cost us the invite....and you BELIEVED them :lol:

Furthermore, if that someone is who I think it is........YOU SHOULD BE ASKING FOR HIS HEAD....NOT US!!! Friends don't let friends ruin good programs.

After some reflection HD, I will say one thing on your behalf.....

About 2 months ago you said that TECH should tell CUSA to take a flying leap....That is about the only thing you had correct with this whole fiasco. Under your theory, they would have surely invited us if we didn't want them, correct :?: :roll:

Not player hating you.....but dude, this sucker is all but signed sealed and delivered. Even if UTEP turns it down, CUSA will stay at 11 schools..

I can't believe our administation....You talk about being led to a slaughter.[/quote:9f0e1c8340]

Altadawg: You are WRONG about one thing, and RIGHT about one thing.

The WRONG:

The SILLIEST most absurd thing I've ever read is everybody's (including yours) posts on this board bitchin and whining like little pigs. I swear, you guys are an embarrassment. Try to maintain just a little bit of composure. At least WAIT for the stinkin vote.

The RIGHT:

Yes, if we had done it my way, Louisiana Tech would have given CUSA a specific DEADLINE date to issue an invite. If CUSA officials intended to invite LA Tech anyway, they would have cooperated with the "Tech imposed" deadline. If they weren't going to invite Tech anyway, Tech could have bowed out gracefully like the MAC schools did. That's what good businessmen do in a situation like that.

HD

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    HD, we agree on some things, not on others, nothing new. You know I respect and value your opinion, but you are wrong about this whole thing.

We never sold this thing to the CUSA presidents or AD's....or not enough of them anyway. I'm starting to think that we were a token canidate from the start. A select few could have changed that, AND SOLD OUR CASE, but they didn't.

Look, I sell for a living. That is all I do, straight commission too and I'm pretty good at it. Selling a conference is like selling a BOEING PLANE. At that level, being the last to pitch your deal is just not that important. That statement is reaching for straws....

[quote:4f72ec5e2d="HogDawg"][quote:4f72ec5e2d="TYLERTECHSAS"]BamaDawg>> do you have some surprises as well to tell us? Your post is intriguing.

HD[/quote:4f72ec5e2d]

Sorry Hog, I am not. I am talking with a few clubs about GM jobs in MiLB, but in no shape or form am I or will I campain for Oakes' job.

Thanks for the thought though.

Martie[/quote:4f72ec5e2d]

Martie, I have no quarrel with you. In fact, from what I'm told, you MAY make a fine AD for LA Tech or some other school someday.

But let's quit kidding around here. One can't help but notice (as Tylertechsas noticed) that you have continued to insert your little "Just wanted to visit and say hello" posts in the middle of multiple threads, even when it didin't fit the thread AT ALL. Furthermore, I believe you started an entire thread by the same name.

My response to Tylertechsas was simply honest. You HONESTLY sounded like you are campaigning for the AD job (since you don't like to call it Oakes' job) at Louisiana Tech. That's okay. Just come clean and admit it. Nobody's gonna fault you for it.

But for God's sake stop all the "doubletalk" by saying you may want the LA Tech AD job, but "I would never want Oakes' job. The 2 jobs are separate and not the same." That's silly. Right now they ARE the same. And the LAST thing we need in the Tech AD position is somebody giving us doubletalk.

HD

[quote="HogDawg"]
    [quote:9035adf1af="HogDawg"][quote:9035adf1af="TYLERTECHSAS"]BamaDawg>> do you have some surprises as well to tell us? Your post is intriguing.

HD[/quote:9035adf1af]

But for God's sake stop all the "doubletalk" by saying you may want the LA Tech AD job, but "I would never want Oakes' job. The 2 jobs are separate and not the same." That's silly. Right now they ARE the same. And the LAST thing we need in the Tech AD position is somebody giving us doubletalk.

HD[/quote:9035adf1af]

Martie and I had this exact conversation on the phone about the CUURENT set up at Tech about 6 or 8 months ago....I will let him explain it if he wants, though, as he has been around here longer.....

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I hope facts will be posted tomorrow and no speculation.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    I hope for the same, Aub.

I agree that the negative stuff on the board certainly could have a detrimental effect on the decision. The board is widely read and I'm sure that many CUSA folks have been visiting. It would be naive to think that a lot of this info did not get to folks that are close to the decision makers.

I really don't see what the point was of posting it anyway. What's gonna happen is gonna happen and having all this out there for everyone to see is not helpful to Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    HD, we agree on some things, not on others, nothing new. You know I respect and value your opinion, but you are wrong about this whole thing.

We never sold this thing to the CUSA presidents or AD's....or not enough of them anyway. I'm starting to think that we were a token canidate from the start. A select few could have changed that, AND SOLD OUR CASE, but they didn't.

Look, I sell for a living. That is all I do, straight commission too and I'm pretty good at it. Selling a conference is like selling a BOEING PLANE. At that level, being the last to pitch your deal is just not that important. That statement is reaching for straws....

I agree with everything but your last line. I sell for a living too. There are plenty of studies that prove that you want to be FIRST or LAST to do your sales presentation. The FIRST guy can "set the tone" and the last guy will likely be most remembered.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:950b019882="altadawg"]HD, we agree on some things, not on others, nothing new. You know I respect and value your opinion, but you are wrong about this whole thing.

I agree with everything but your last line. I sell for a living too. There are plenty of studies that prove that you want to be FIRST or LAST to do your sales presentation. The FIRST guy can "set the tone" and the last guy will likely be most remembered.

HD[/quote:950b019882]

Fine. It would have been nice and should have been sought after (last meeting)

I want to say one more thing before I batten down the hatches, I got a storm coming. I regret one thing I said a few weeks ago....I called a few of our people "clowns".

I regret it, they are not clowns. They have tried hard and they are good people. No matter what happens, I will apologize to them at an appropriate time, personally.

Other than that, the things I've said, NEED TO BE SAID PUBLICALLY (PROBABLY part of the reason this board was started) and have had no effect on any decision that will be made Friday or any other time soon. PERIOD. We are not the first choice at this point because we didn't do our job.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar
    Aub, FYI, if you were in Little Rock, you'd know my car. A beat-up '91 NIssian Stanza with three Tech stickers plus my decal from last year. Also have an alumni pewter license plater holder that got broken backing out a driveway. And, completely by accident, I have red and blue streaks across my back bumper from backing into someone's license plate.

And I'd love to get an Arkansas support group together. I've posted that wish on here several times in the past month or so. So those Arkansas Dawgs, please send me a message. I am more than willing to get something together, especially those in Little Rock.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Is it important that a salesman believe in the product he is pushing and that the victim, I mean potential buyer, will be paying a fair price for something he really NEEDS?

+ Reply to Thread