+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't Drink The Kool-Aid!

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all
    Guys, let's not have a mass depression gathering over this CUSA stuff. Here are a few reasons...

1. Conference affiliations have no eternal significace. Christ is still Lord.

2. We do not know for certain what will happen. The media said Truman lost the presidency and that Bush lost Florida.

3. Even if it is true that we have been bypassed by CUSA, this does not mean that there is no chance of a workable option for the immediate future.

4. CUSA is not in a long-term form by any means (Memphis and East Carolina want out YESTERDAY!)

5. Most of the media thought we had no chance of entering the WAC in the first place, yet we did.

6. Tech has always achieved much against great odds and lack of support from our state government and state media. I see no reason to stop now.

7. Moaning, groaning, griping, and doomsaying will not help us in any form. We need to take an honest look at our strengths and weaknesses and plan for the future. Maybe a temporary rejection will be just the cold water we need to wake up our potential.

Bottom Line: I went Tech because it is a fantastic place to go to college and it boasts some of the finest people in the world as its students and alums. CUSA or no CUSA - that fact remains.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    I think it's too early to try cheering us up, but I'll certainly buy No. 1.

Amen, Bro!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DelhiDog
    Guys, let's not have a mass depression gathering over this CUSA stuff. Here are a few reasons...

2. We do not know for certain what will happen. The media said Truman lost the presidency and that Bush lost Florida.

3. Even if it is true that we have been bypassed by CUSA, this does not mean that there is no chance of a workable option for the immediate future.

4. CUSA is not in a long-term form by any means (Memphis and East Carolina want out YESTERDAY!)

5. Most of the media thought we had no chance of entering the WAC in the first place, yet we did.

6. Tech has always achieved much against great odds and lack of support from our state government and state media. I see no reason to stop now.

7. Moaning, groaning, griping, and doomsaying will not help us in any form. We need to take an honest look at our strengths and weaknesses and plan for the future. Maybe a temporary rejection will be just the cold water we need to wake up our potential.

Bottom Line: I went Tech because it is a fantastic place to go to college and it boasts some of the finest people in the world as its students and alums. CUSA or no CUSA - that fact remains.
    I agree with you on nearly EVERY point, BUT this is a business issue, plain and simple.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    unfortunately, i drank the kool-aid too long. And it was laced. That's why I live in the twilight zone.

Which is why I don't quite understand UTEP joining CUSA because they're afraid the WAC might break up.

Giannini came out and said on the "Ask the AD" section of southernmiss.com that a big reason we're upgrading our facilities and trying to get our basketball program back from the dead is to position ourselves for the next round of conference shakeups.

We could all be going through this crap again in 5 years. The only thing I can figure is UTEP would rather take a shot at gaining a higher profile in CUSA than hold out in the WAC until then.

I'm still hoping Benson pulls that elephant out of his ass.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by HarborPointe
    [quote:debeca4012="DelhiDog"]
    Which is why I don't quite understand UTEP joining CUSA because they're afraid the WAC might break up.

[/quote:debeca4012]

Even though I think UTEP is making a mistake( their CUSA membership wont last more than 5 years), let me present you with a quick scenario:

If you were Utep, would you stay in the WAC when there is a 90% chance that Fresno, Boise, and Hawaii are all leaving??

To make matters worse, there is this talk of the Wac swallowing up the SunBelt.....

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Greatpost DelhiDog!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    Ditto. And I hope Harbor is right about Benson's magical talents.

HarborPointe,

Not to sound disrespectful... but what conference(s) does Gianinni think is viable for USM in the next round of expansion? The SEC, if they ever expand, will not be looking for a 3rd team in Mississippi (State and Ole Miss would blacklist you guys -- to a greater extent than what your AD is doing to us).

This just confirms to me that Gianinni is an absolute moron. He needs to focus on making CUSA a viable regional conference that will not only survive, but flourish. In 5-10 years, the only CUSA schools going somewhere are (maybe) Memphis, ECU, Marshall, and UCF.

Having said that, I would like to thank you for your support of Tech. If your AD had any brains, he would listen to the voice of reason that is HarborPointe.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Harbor, did you ever visit Carriere? Do you know anyone named Harbison?

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired
    HarborPointe,

Not to sound disrespectful... but what conference(s) does Gianinni think is viable for USM in the next round of expansion? The SEC, if they ever expand, will not be looking for a 3rd team in Mississippi (State and Ole Miss would blacklist you guys -- to a greater extent than what your AD is doing to us).
    I'm sure he's thinking the Big East (as am I). Not that anybody seems to care about the actual quality of a school's athletic program anymore, but I have to think with a little work, we could easily offer as much as the 4 schools you listed as candidates.

I think it's obvious that the SEC won't be an option in the forseeable future, but when it comes to the opinions of State and Ole Miss, I'm not sure how much attention the SEC would pay to them if it ever came down to it.

Having said that, I would like to thank you for your support of Tech. If your AD had any brains, he would listen to the voice of reason that is HarborPointe.
    You're welcome. It's been a pleasure hanging out here.

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Harbor, did you ever visit Carriere? Do you know anyone named Harbison?
    I think I've been to Carriere only once. Don't know any Harbisons, but I do know a Tuck from there. The one visit was to his parents' house for a get-together. A couple of other friends from that same group live in Picayune.

+ Reply to Thread