View Poll Results: Now that its official, who will the Administration blame for not getting the invite?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyone that has ever attended Tech

0 0%
  • Themselves

2 6.06%
  • The Students

0 0%
  • Bulldog Barks and Bytes

10 30.30%
  • The Fans

8 24.24%
  • The man on the grassy Knoll

4 12.12%
  • That Damn Sasquatch

9 27.27%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So who will the Administration blame for not being invited?

Varsity Bulldog Thor44 is an unknown Thor44's Avatar
    We all know the Ivory tower will point a finger, who will it be?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I hope everyone will take a little blame for themselves.

I hope this episode today will embarass everyone associated with Tech. From the 16th floor all the way to the incoming freshman. Today was the ULTIMATE REJECTION and I hope these radio guys, TV guys, and newspaper guys in the NLA area rub our nose in it. Seriously. Shame all of us for all of our shortcomings. Maybe it will awaken our apathetic alumni base, students, faculty, Ruston, players, and administrators.

The message that was sent out today was "you aren't good enough to play with us". I don't believe it and hopefully everyone else associated with Tech (besides geedawg, MT and others) don't believe it. SO WHAT IN THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?? Continue doing what it is that hasn't been sucessful? Or are we going to give up and move back to Div. 1aa? I know what I am going to do. I took this personal today.

That is my new Moto: 'SO WHAT IN THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?'

Puppy BigEasyBulldog is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I hope everyone will take a little blame for themselves.

I hope this episode today will embarass everyone associated with Tech. From the 16th floor all the way to the incoming freshman. Today was the ULTIMATE REJECTION and I hope these radio guys, TV guys, and newspaper guys in the NLA area rub our nose in it. Seriously. Shame all of us for all of our shortcomings. Maybe it will awaken our apathetic alumni base, students, faculty, Ruston, players, and administrators.

The message that was sent out today was "you aren't good enough to play with us". I don't believe it and hopefully everyone else associated with Tech (besides geedawg, MT and others) don't believe it. SO WHAT IN THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?? Continue doing what it is that hasn't been sucessful? Or are we going to give up and move back to Div. 1aa? I know what I am going to do. I took this personal today.

That is my new Moto: 'SO WHAT IN THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?'
    I hear ya. It is basically us agianst the world. Today proved it.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor44
    We all know the Ivory tower will point a finger, who will it be?
    I think it's much more likely that the Administration will act like nothing happened. That's the problem.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game
    The certain winner was left off the poll choices:

"Everyone Except Themselves"

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I have always been afraid of Sasquatches...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    The ultimate rejection occured when we were not selected to join almost immediately after TCU announced. Yes, the fact that CUSA was looking for ANYBODY BUT us is the ultimate rejection.

Will they be ready for the next move or will they stand around with fingers inserted? It won't be easy with what we are about to go through beginning in September.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    Alfred Einstein once said (paraphrased) that the definition of insanity is doing something you know is wrong or a failure over and over again.

The Tech administration has got to be held accountable. They are certainly all good people with good intentions, but their methods are not working.

That being said, we fans need to be held accountable as well. Apathy among especially those within 100 miles of the campus is particularly upsetting. If we had 25,000 or so fans that showed up to see the Dawgs on Saturday and 3,500 that took the time to see the Dunkin Dawgs at home, we wouldn't have this discussion, in my mind. It takes fans from both far and near to make it happen, but the core fan group has to be close for obvious reasons.

The facilities need upgrading but that wasn't the reason we were never really considered from the beginning. It was the perception that we don't support athletics, and that the adminstration is fine with that. This may not be true, but perception is reality.

It's time to do damage assessment and move on. If we don't learn from this meltdown, we fit Einstein's definition to a tee.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    I have always been afraid of Sasquatches...
    No reason to be. I've dated a few, and if you can get past the smell, it aint too bad. Keep you real warm at night. Oh, the other bad thing is the hairy boobies.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I didn't need that visual.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    I voted for Sasquatch.
    I thought you had trouble spelling C-USA. Even our Friend from Tulane has already fessed up that he bought the "truth" of the Miner's "...ability to draw 40M+ fans,[ choke, choke...emphasis added] too bad we couldn't add both."

Now that's what I call sasquatch. Or it that chicken &%!T ?? Now I'm having spelling problems.

Given the remarks attributed to the Prezes so far, we didn't have a chance once El Paso spoke. But, I'm not going to go any further because the next stop is why haven't we had better attendance and more budget? Because we didn't. Next Why -
    Where will the emphasis be now Wyly Tower?

+ Reply to Thread