+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happens to LA Tech Now

It is evidently a fact that UTEP was offerred and has accepted. I have seen the actual official UTEP statement on the gomeangreen board.

Both NT and La Tech are left to decide where both schools go from here.

I have heard from inside sources that NT is talking to La Tech, La Laf, Troy State, Ark St and NMSU to become a 6 team western division of WAC. Have seen posts that Middle Tenn will go to MAC and Idaho left out as well as La Monroe.

The alternative would be for NMSU and La Tech to come into the Sun Belt..lose Idaho, La Monroe, Denver...WKY is going anyway, Have a better conf commissioner......NMSU, La Tech, NT, Ark St. La Laf, Troy State, Middle Tenn if they stay

To me, this makes sense. reportable these teams will bring the NO bowl. Interested in your fans comments on this.

It sounds like the best thing for both LaTech, NT to have the regional travel cost reductions...and the "new" wac IMHO will be stronger than CUSA.

?????????????????/ :cry: :?: :shock:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I don't think anyone over here is really in the mood to talk about this right now. We were screwed.

Winning the WAC championship our first year was important, but that would pale compared to winning it this year!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    I agree, champion110.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

So was NT....but that doesn't mean both schools need to start bettering themself for the future.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Seriously, NT. We don't want to talk about it today. We might be more on that page tomorrow. NT was out of the running a long time before us. We were lied to and this was terribly mishandled. So, no offense, but please just let us be until tomorrow.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I agree with you NT, now is the time for Tech to grasp hold of its future. CUSA is history. It's over.

On to the Belch!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    :cry:

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here
    EWAC is where our thoughts should lead us to now. The CUSA bid is over...forget about it!!! We tried and those chose to go elsewhere...their loss not ours. We truly would have added value to that knuckled headed conference. Legion Field(Birmingham,AL) would not look so empty at UAB home games with LaTech in attendance but we'll see how many fans show up from ELLL PASSO.

As EJ so eloquently put it "Wealth belongs to those who create it." Now is the time to join forces with other regional schools i.e. UNT and Ark St. Maybe Troy and Middle Tennessee and begin to build the wealth that we need to get to grow our program. No need to spend a bunch of time crying in our Wheaties. Shake the dust off and pack it under our feet and move forward.

We can't move forward looking back.
    ________
    Medical Marijuana Doctor
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    wow...this is sad, joining forces with Ark St and MTSU....but there's really nobody else.

There goes all the little respect we managed the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDAWGNBAMA
    EWAC is where our thoughts should lead us to now.

Now is the time to join forces with other regional schools i.e. UNT and Ark St. Maybe Troy and Middle Tennessee
    Uhhh.......I wouldn't count on an EWAC. You can join those teams in the Belt maybe. All you have to do is apply for admission and let us think about it.

NEW ORLEANS — The Chief Executive Officers of the Sun Belt Conference today affirmed their commitment to the league.

"We feel that during this historical time in college athletics it is important to publicly affirm the solidarity of the membership of the Sun Belt Conference," said Dr. Norval Pohl, President of the University of North Texas and President of the Sun Belt Conference.

"We have continued to grow stronger as a conference, including the moves to become a more regionalized league. We are committed to competing at the highest level of intercollegiate athletics through the efforts of our member schools and the conference office."

"The Sun Belt Conference is on the cusp of significant success," said Dr. Gary Ransdell, President of Western Kentucky University and a Past President of the Sun Belt Conference. "It is an emerging league with strong institutions. Its members anticipate its future with great eagerness."........................

http://news.sunbeltsports.org/x/article/2967

Quote Originally Posted by MADDAWGNBAMA
    EWAC is where our thoughts should lead us to now. The CUSA bid is over...forget about it!!! We tried and those chose to go elsewhere...their loss not ours. We truly would have added value to that knuckled headed conference. Legion Field(Birmingham,AL) would not look so empty at UAB home games with LaTech in attendance but we'll see how many fans show up from ELLL PASSO.

As EJ so eloquently put it "Wealth belongs to those who create it." Now is the time to join forces with other regional schools i.e. UNT and Ark St. Maybe Troy and Middle Tennessee and begin to build the wealth that we need to get to grow our program. No need to spend a bunch of time crying in our Wheaties. Shake the dust off and pack it under our feet and move forward.

We can't move forward looking back.

Don't think so:

http://news.sunbeltsports.org/x/article/2967

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here
    Don't forget UNT, ULL, and Troy State. Its not the end of the world. Trust me...if we live through the night, we will get to see the Sun tomorrow.
    We need to continue to go out and be giantkillers as we have done in the past i.e. Alabama, Michigan State, Miss. State, Oklahoma State etc. and we will continue garner the respect among our peers.
    ________
    RAV4 EV
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    Well, those big wins the last few years evidently didn't get us enough respect from CUSA. We need new leadership desperately.

Trust me Cajun and ASU we will not be poor mouthing to join the Sunbelt conference. That article does not mean "jack squat" and you know it. Solidarity my A**. You guys cling together about like crabs in a bucket or maybe in a furry bush.
    ________
    IOLITE PORTABLE VAPORIZER

And furthermore UNT wanted to join CUSA too remember? They are just singing the "solidarity song" like any two faced politician. If "Norval" was so in love with the Sunbelch, why would we he allow CUSA officials to visit the Denton campus? Do you need Matlock to explain it to you?
    ________
    Honda RC100 specifications

+ Reply to Thread