+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happens to LA Tech Now

Quote Originally Posted by MADDAWGNBAMA
    You guys cling together about like crabs in a bucket or maybe in a furry bush.
    Granted we don't cling together quite like the WAC members, but.........hey wait a minute about the only experience the WAC members have at clinging together would be of the "furry bush" variety.

What was your point again?

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here
    Did UNT get a visit from CUSA yes or no, dingbat? YES. Does that sound like someone in a love affair with their current situation or were they wanting to have an affair?

Are you to dumb to understand? Oh I forgot ASU grad.
    ________
    1949 FORD SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDAWGNBAMA
    Did UNT get a visit from CUSA yes or no, dingbat? YES. Does that sound like someone in a love affair with their current situation or were they wanting to have an affair?

Are you to dumb to understand? Oh I forgot ASU grad.
    No reason to talk down to the man MADDAWGNBAMA. I think North Texas or anyone else would take a look at a CUSA. You can't fault NT for that. I think Dr. Pohl came out with his Sun Belt statement merely to defuse any possible scenerios where NT, ULL, ASU, Troy, and/or MTSU would break off from the SBC to form an Eastern WAC. He's stating the Sun Belt's solidarity. The Eastern WAC is not going to happen.

You can crap on the "Sunbelch" all you want, but we are still a viable conference. Going into our fourth year, we still have a long way to go, and losing NMSU and USU didn't help at all.

I hope La Tech finds a way to continue their relationship in the WAC and wish you guys the best of luck, either in the WAC or as an Independent. Personally, I wouldn't care for LTU to be a member of the SBC because you guys would never be happy and your would do more harm than good towards the growth of the conference.

Oh, and for the record, North Texas did receive two visits from CUSA reprentatives. Guess is didn't mean much but I just wanted to set the record straight.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    Uhhh.......I wouldn't count on an EWAC. You can join those teams in the Belt maybe. All you have to do is apply for admission and let us think about it.
    I love your attitude. You are probably some little nerd that no one will play with. I'll even bet when people picked teams as a kid - you were surely always last. That is the only possible reason no one at ASU will play with you. Why don't you go away.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I hope La Tech finds a way to continue their relationship in the WAC and wish you guys the best of luck, either in the WAC or as an Independent. Personally, I wouldn't care for LTU to be a member of the SBC because you guys would never be happy and your would do more harm than good towards the growth of the conference.
    Thanks DeepGreen. I don't care for us to be a member of SBC either. You are right, we will never be happy there. Best of luck to you and your school as well. I don't disagree that you are a viable conference. I just don't think we can go back and join you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I'll even bet when people picked teams as a kid - you were surely always last.
    Getting picked last beats not being picked at all, and that's certainly something you, as a Tech fan, can relate to, huh?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    How many other conferences were looking at ASU. I don't think CUSA was. Maybe it was the Big East? The Big 12? The SEC?

What? No one was even considering you? Certainly you got a visit from someone. A phone call?

Oh, I am sorry. Well, come on over and rag on us any day.

Getting picked last beats not being picked at all, and that's certainly something you, as a Tech fan, can relate to, huh?
    I felt sure I was correct - you just confirmed it. I'll still take our position over yours any day of the year. See, the difference was we were actually considered - I don't think you can say the same.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar
    When was the last time ASU or any of your kind did anything - and I mean anything at all. If we end up hanging with you in the WAC, expect to get killed. I think there are some ASU folks that are a bit more diplomatic than you. You picked a really bad time to bother the Dawgs.

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here
    asuwon is suffering from penis envy so he decided to come over and hang with the big boys for awhile...deep down inside he is just a deprived tit sucker.
    ________
    Gm High Feature Engine Specifications
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar
    Dear ASULost....

....nevermind. It's just way too easy.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asuwon
    [quote:4b25aad2d5="Cal&Ken"]I'll even bet when people picked teams as a kid - you were surely always last.
    Getting picked last beats not being picked at all, and that's certainly something you, as a Tech fan, can relate to, huh?[/quote:4b25aad2d5]

Excuse me, but ASU didn't get picked either.

HD

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey. I'm not crazy about the thought of TECH being involved with the Sun-Belt. But at this moment, I have absolutley nothing bad to say about the "CONFERENCE". What they have accomplished and how they are taking care of business has got to make you think they have their act together moreso than C-USA and maybe even the WAC. Time will tell.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Oh, you are kidding aren't you, Oldblue????????????

They are together because there has been absolutely NO interest from any other conference in any of them. UNT got a little notice from CUSA, but were out of the picture quickly. They would have jumped in a second. There are many of them that will jump at the WAC too.

The WAC just lightened the dead weight over the last few months. I didn't want SMU, Rice, and Tulsa to leave, but we are left with the most winning programs.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Oh, you are kidding aren't you, Oldblue????????????

They are together because there has been absolutely NO interest from any other conference in any of them. UNT got a little notice from CUSA, but were out of the picture quickly. They would have jumped in a second. There are many of them that will jump at the WAC too.

The WAC just lightened the dead weight over the last few months. I didn't want SMU, Rice, and Tulsa to leave, but we are left with the most winning programs.
    No, I'm not kidding.
    Can you say the C-USa has "held their own"? I don't think so. And, IF the WAC sits on it too long, they will start hearing that sucking sound too. The "belt" on the other hand, has only one way to go...UP, and they are hanging in there. A regional conference with a Bowl game and decent Basketball. All things considered, they seem to have a few chips in their pile.

No, I don't want TECH in that conference. But, if these conferences continue their current "GLOBAL" trends, the Belt seems to be the one with some sense.

+ Reply to Thread