+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The line forms on the left...

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    Thanks for letting us know you too have boundaries there BongDog.

I do not bungee jump or jump out of perfectly good airplanes either, since we are talking about boundaries!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    That too is good Bong, you would have to pay more for life insurance if you did.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    Dawg80,

You are an ass....................

DFIH
    Of course I am...for being right. Well, I'm an ass most of the time then. Sorry, we can't all go thru life being wrong. I'll leave that to you guys who seem to be better at it than me.

I know everyone is upset, but there's really no reason to be. Tech is just not located in a large metropolitan area. That's what CUSA wants. It's not complicated.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Politics can be a deadly game. And this thing was waaaaay over Dwayne's little head.
    Once again, I completely agree with something HogDawg said. Two things, in fact. (1) Dwayne is in way over his head; and (2) politics is a deadly game.

Dwayne has no idea how ruthless and vicious Oakes, the penultimate politician, can be in covering his hind side. Dwayne embarrassed Oakes, and undermined Oakes charade of making it look like we were in it to the end to make Oakes look good. Look out Dwayne, they're coming after you.

Yes politics is a deadly game, and if Dwayne messes with a politician’s cover-up, Dwayne needs to know just how deadly it can be. I'm not a politician, so I'm standing with Dwayne. He called it correctly. Everything else was just spin.

tick, tick, tick ...

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    This news is really messing up my weekend.....here I came over to Houston for a little R&R and fun time and I have to get online to read all this garbage about CUSA. I can't wait to hear details on WHY CUSA is so stupid....bet their member institutions will be saying it in 2 years when the travel costs start adding up and they see no benefit of having UTEP there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    [quote:1ca48f75d3="HogDawg"]Politics can be a deadly game. And this thing was waaaaay over Dwayne's little head.
    Once again, I completely agree with something HogDawg said. Two things, in fact. (1) Dwayne is in way over his head; and (2) politics is a deadly game.

Dwayne has no idea how ruthless and vicious Oakes, the penultimate politician, can be in covering his hind side. Dwayne embarrassed Oakes, and undermined Oakes charade of making it look like we were in it to the end to make Oakes look good. Look out Dwayne, they're coming after you.

Yes politics is a deadly game, and if Dwayne messes with a politician’s cover-up, Dwayne needs to know just how deadly it can be. I'm not a politician, so I'm standing with Dwayne. He called it correctly. Everything else was just spin.

tick, tick, tick ...[/quote:1ca48f75d3]

Be careful Sooner. I'm getting threatening PMs....ohhh, I'm so scared!

Yes, Dwayne was right on the money a few days ago. But actually, as has been posted so many times by many of us, Tech does not fit CUSA's blueprint of being an underachieving school lost in a large metro area.

Okay, send me some more threatening messages.

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    so what did dwayne do?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    [quote:0f16292cca="HogDawg"]Politics can be a deadly game. And this thing was waaaaay over Dwayne's little head.

tick, tick, tick ...[/quote:0f16292cca]

Ditto! The administration spun a lie to make some of ya'll believe we had a chance when we never did. If we were a legitmate contender UTEP would have never entered the picture.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar
    We never had a shot. Not a legit one at least. Now I don't know if the admin. was lying or stupid or just plain naive. They were definetly one of the three.

Logically we should have had a shot. But market size and attendance is what motivates those guys and we have no market and no attendance.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I don't think attendance played a part. We sucked at it, but so do most of CUSA teams. It was market size and dollar potential. You are correct. We never had a shot. If I hear this......."We should be honored just to have been considered......." one more time!!!!!!!!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Then the LIE is obvious. Read what the Prezes are saying. Pay close attention to the quote from"toolame" pres. I think TECH officials were "strung along", out politicked, etc.

But let's face it. The dialogue on this messageboard over the past 3-4 years has held the key to what "coulda" been a success here. The athletic programs MUST be marketed and stressed as

"the window through which the world sees our university" -CARTEK
    and held to high(er) standards of performance.

Bulldog CaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around here CaptFun's Avatar
    oldblue...what quotes are you talking about?

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Check out the articles posted here or go to El Paso Sun times if you want to read them. Basically they have said UTEP has "fan power" among other things. Apparently they "wowed" the C-usa homies.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    Oakes does not scare anyone. The fact is Dwayne was right but the truth is Tech belongs in the Sun Belt Conference where we can compete and follow the team. There is NO DIFFERENCE in the H-Bowl then the New Orleans bowl except the New Orleans Bowl is in a Better place.

Hog Dawg,

If you believe Dwayne's post hurt Tech's chances of getting in Conference USA then please get off the CRACK. That is just another way Oakes tries to shift the blame when he and the administration dropped the ball.

+ Reply to Thread