+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMU Prez quoted in article - UTEP to CUSA

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar
    Paris - we have not had this kind of a motivating factor in a long time. After the thaw outs with the BCS schools, we should be ready to take some frustration out on others 8-) JB III is a mystery but you have to think that Jim and Dan will give him special motivation given what we have been through. Not sure about Dan but Jim seems like he would be on the sidelines making sure we do not forget.

Puppy BigEasyBulldog is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog
    Do y'all honestly believe we will have a good year next season with III at the helm?
    I can hope(i know, i know, you can hope in one hand...) But really, what else do we have to look forward to? It sure as hell aint our cusa invite. Anyway, we have a very talented team, and hopefully(not saying it will) it will be used to its fullest.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    DFWDAWG,

I just hope they(JO and DR) really care. Do you really think they are fired up enough to take action and make TECH better. Or, do you think they are just mad? I hope they are motivated enough to see that change needs to take place and figure out how to do it. I don't think that will happen - but, I sure hope I am wrong.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog
    Do y'all honestly believe we will have a good year next season with III at the helm?
    NO

Bulldog CaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around hereCaptFun has turned a few heads around here CaptFun's Avatar
    no way....you have to have pride in team and school to be pissed off about being slighted like this. JBIII has neither, and unfortunately, this carries over to the team.

I truly believe that is the football team could have been competative on a week in and week out basis, we would have had a much better shot at the coveted invite.

I lay this at the feet of JBIII for running the program into the ground the past few years.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    JBIII needs to look the TECH fans collectively in the eye and SAY SOMETHING OF SUBSTANCE that would mend the wounds and get us all jacked up-primed and focused on kicking ARSE in every category. Otherwise call me when it is over.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    I agree. JBIII always interviews like he doesn't expect a win and is preparing for a loss. I've actually seen him appear surprised when we win ballgames. Fresno's coach, on the otherhand, garners the label of "giant killers". Pat Hill believes his team can and SHOULD win every game. I just don't see any of that in Bicknell.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFun
    guys...we had Gov blanco pushing Tulane to back us. I gotta believe that the Texas Gov was pushing SMU to back UTEP.
    I don't think so. Texas Governor Rick Perry has got the the Texas State Legislature in "SPECIAL Session" right now, trying to figure out a way to pay for public education in the state of Texas. I serioulsy doubt he had time for lobbying on UTEP's behalf. And if Perry knew how much extra money this move by UTEP to CUSA will cost the state of Texas taxpayers, he's probably be pissed.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFun
    I lay this at the feet of JBIII for running the program into the ground the past few years.
    I agree. In fact, that's exactly what I've been saying for 2 years.

WINNING MATTERS!

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar
    Exactly HD , Now I wish we would have done what you said earlier and told CUSA were are taking ourselves out of the running a couple of months ago.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar
    I don't think so. Texas Governor Rick Perry has got the the Texas State Legislature in "SPECIAL Session" right now, trying to figure out a way to pay for public education in the state of Texas. I serioulsy doubt he had time for lobbying on UTEP's behalf. And if Perry knew how much extra money this move by UTEP to CUSA will cost the state of Texas taxpayers, he's probably be pissed.

HD
    If you don't believe politics is involved, call the UVA fans. There is absolutely no secret that they hate UVA. They always recruit the same people and they can't stand each other. When the first round discussions came around for the ACC UVA would not hear of adding VA TECH. The gov. put so much pressure on them, they had to fight to help them get in. Everyone in VA was amazed that he welded so much power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken

HD
    If you don't believe politics is involved, call the UVA fans. There is absolutely no secret that they hate UVA. They always recruit the same people and they can't stand each other. When the first round discussions came around for the ACC UVA would not hear of adding VA TECH. The gov. put so much pressure on them, they had to fight to help them get in. Everyone in VA was amazed that he welded so much power.
    You kinda missed the point.

I KNOW politics were involved from our side, but I doubt very seriously the Governor of Texas got involved on behalf of UTEP. The state of TEXAS has some SERIOUS public school FUNDING issues being addressed in a SPECIAL SESSION in Austin RIGHT NOW. (For those not familiar with Texas politics, only the Governor can call a "special session", and it usually pisses EVERYBODY off!)

Everybody already knows the UVA/ACC story. That's old news. In fact, as news goes, it ranks right up there with the reporting of the Kennedy assasination. :wink:

HD

Don't think I missed your point. The fact of the matter is that UTEP is a TEXAS school. Why do you think that the Gov. wouldn't care? I guess you think LA is the only state that plays politics. Since you felt that was I thought I would refresh your memory with the UVA story. Sorry that seemed to bother you.

As far as what people know or don't know, did you watch The Apprentice? You are reminding me alot of Omarosa.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Don't think I missed your point. The fact of the matter is that UTEP is a TEXAS school. Why do you think that the Gov. wouldn't care? I guess you think LA is the only state that plays politics. Since you felt that was I thought I would refresh your memory with the UVA story. Sorry that seemed to bother you.

As far as what people know or don't know, did you watch The Apprentice? You are reminding me alot of Omarosa.
    Omarosa! OMG that was funny! Even HD isn't that anoying and out of touch......right?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    I agree with HD on this one: Perry did not expend any political capital on this one. Besides being an Aggie, he's alos a pretty good busniessman and I suspect he would have told UTEP to walk away from this deal had he been involved.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread