+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just a question.....

If the ultimate plan for Marshall, ECU, and UCF were to leave the MAC, join CUSA, only to head into the Big East when there numbers are called....then why leave the MAC???? Why not just stay in the MAC and leave for the Big East from there? The MAC appears to be no better than CUSA....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    ECU was never in the MAC.

As for Marsh and UCF, CUSA is a step up regarding perception and current TV contracts. Of course, that will probably all change soon, when the next round of network negotiations happen, and the MAC earned a ton of respect last year so the perception differences between those two will definitely narrow.

That's the only reasons I can think of. Remember too that neither Marsh or UCF have been longterm members of the MAC. I am sure they both intended to use it, like we had hoped to use the WAC, as a stepping stone to better things.

My bad.......ECU.....Toledo.....I was just thinking of purple and yellow......

My bad.......ECU.....Toledo.....I was just thinking of purple and yellow......

+ Reply to Thread