+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headed to the Sun Belt ?

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game
    Who was the author? Very welll written.

I have been torn about what we need to do. Been on the fence for months ( Folks, when CUSA started talking of Temple and Miami, Oh....I KNEW we were not getting in).

If the SunBelt wants us back we need to accept, YESTERDAY!!!

Attendence will go up, our expenses will go down, AND I BELIEVE THAT THE WAC WILL ACTUALLY PAY US TO LEAVE.

I'm serious. We can recruit to win for the next 3 years and dominate in virtually every sport, save baseball.

In 3-5 years we will be ready to join SEVERAL conferences...

Yep, I certainly didn't want this. Time to leave the emotion and the pride out of this. We will be the flagship of the SunBelt and dominate. HOPEFULLY, at the same time, we will heal the wounds caused by the neglict of the past X? Years and get better so that next time expansion comes we will be wanted and not embarrassed throughout the whole country.
    Right now, I see this as the only solution.

OUR OFFICIALS NEED TO DO THIS NOW. CALL BENSEN, TELL HIM WE WANT OUT FOR FREE and the deal will be done. Hang up the phone, call Waters and SAY, "WE ACCEPT". Hell, he may even waive the fees.

TECH88, I'm sure you are reading my post in disbelief. Leave the emotion out of it though and consider 5-10 years down the road. I think we should get out of the WAC ASAP and forget going independent in anything.

The SunBelt needs us and we need them. If that bothers you Tech fans, you are not thinking clearly and you don't understand how much money trouble we are about to get into.

Alta

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Time to leave the emotion and the pride out of this.
    More importantly, it is time to have a plan. We need some direction from the Athletic "Director," and we haven't had any since "tick, tick, tick ..."

+ Reply to Thread