+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not A Flame, Just a Question.......

Now that the CUSA option is off the table, why wouldn't the Sunbelt Conference be a good fit for La. Tech?

It makes so much more sense that Tech be in a conference where
    travel expenses aren't draining your entire athletic budget. After all, isn't conference affiliation supposedly driven by economics
    moreso than some misguided perception of one conference being "better" than another? Is it better to travel to play Hawaii or
    play USL or Arkansas State? I know which games will sell out and produce money for the athletic budget.

The fact is that even if the WAC is supposedly a better conference,
    it ijust sn't a good fit geographicly or financially for La. Tech. In other words, what does the WAC do for La. Tech? As I see it, nothing.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Any time that you begin a title of a message with "Not a Flame...", chances are its heading in that direction. Perhaps if you would read the message board instead of just asking a silly question you would know that your question has been almost the lone topic of conversation on the board for the last week. Now, go away....and do your homework.

Some of you simply have such a chip on your shoulder that you just can't be civil. Jackass.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Look in the mirror if you want to see a chip on someone's shoulder. You come on here and ask a question, then proceed to give your explanation of why we should do what you want us to do.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Thanks for your valuable insight rob. How magnanimous of you. We will be sure take your worthy advice into consideration.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    He is right, the "jackass" stuff, not withstanding!!

Tech will go bankrupt in the WAC with 8, 9, 10, or 11 teams... It is time we faced some very serious realities....

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    By the way, I have been trying to set up some counseling classes at Hooters for CHC, in order to get over his suicidal thoughts when told that we would be conference mates, yet again, with his USL brethren....

I think he'll be ok...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Does Maria have a PhD?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Oakes quoted as saying we are committed to the WAC, he has our budget and knows what we can afford and besides our athletic budget is biiger today then of the days of plaing ULM, ASU, ULL, and MTSU. So what makes you think our budget will be any better.

Our revenue sharing goes way down in the SBC, and our recruiting talent level will also drop.

Untill someone shows me a spread aheet of what we have and what the outlook in the WAC would be as opposed to the SBC, I am fine with being in the WAC.

And yes, I enjoyed the hell out of my trip to Hawaii 2 years ago, and will enjoy this years trip too. A sell out should be based on how many home fans are there, you cannot depend on visitors to fill up your stadium for you, is ot easier to fill for ULL than for Hawaii, probably.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Sounds like Rob hit a nerve with some of you.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Ever notices how conversations that start with "I dont wanna be racist, but ...." usually are?

So it is with chiggers who start with "I dont wanna flame, but ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Ever notices how conversations that start with "I dont wanna be racist, but ...." usually are?

So it is with chiggers who start with "I dont wanna flame, but ..."
    EXACTLY!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Why doesn't LSU create a Louisiana-only conference and invite Nicholls, SLU, etc., to be among the charter members? What does the SEC do for LSU?

+ Reply to Thread