+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When Will the Silence be Broken?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Re: When Will the Silence be Broken?

It was in the Ruston Daily Leader that Chili's has signed a contract to build by the movie theater.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Corky's BBQ? As in the one that originated in Memphis? I love that place.
    Yes, it is the same one. I spoke to the manager of the Monroe location about a month ago and told him I was from Ruston. He said they were opening one in Ruston and said he would probably transfer to the Ruston location when it's completed. He gave no exact date when it would happen.

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP9901
    Ever tried the Randivouz? It is the best bbq in memphis!
    You must have not eaten at Corky's on Poplar. Whoever heard of dry BBQ?

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

The section of US77 from North of Kingsville to Brownsville that is to become I-69 is well on it's way to being completed. Lot of things to do yet, but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of the highway from 77 to 59 and north through Houston doesn't need quite as much rework as the road down in this area. However, it'll be quite a few years before I-69 will be a common name in US Highways.

TD
    ~~

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

You would think I-69 would pass through San Fransico.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I can't for the life of me understand why people are so excited about chain restaurants coming.

I mean, if anything, I guess be excited that you can order a bourbon and coke at Ponchatoula's or Monjuni's. But not because Ruston is going to look like West Monroe or I-20 through Bossier.

I'll take a stuffed catfish plate from Ponchatoula's over the Applebee Jalapeno Cheddar Southwestern Eggroll Suburban Soccer Mom Poppers any day of the week.

And anyone who disagrees with me should be lined up against a wall and shot.....

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yobrefstank
    I have never tried the dry ribs - all I know is I have never eaten ribs better than at Corky's in Memphis. I keep the sauce at my house all the time, but, it is just not the same. I don't care if it is a chain or whatever it is, if it tastes as good as the Memphis restaurant, I will drive from Bossier to go eat there.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    I can't for the life of me understand why people are so excited about chain restaurants coming.

I mean, if anything, I guess be excited that you can order a bourbon and coke at Ponchatoula's or Monjuni's. But not because Ruston is going to look like West Monroe or I-20 through Bossier.

I'll take a stuffed catfish plate from Ponchatoula's over the Applebee Jalapeno Cheddar Southwestern Eggroll Suburban Soccer Mom Poppers any day of the week.

And anyone who disagrees with me should be lined up against a wall and shot.....
    Is Griff's considered a chain?
    IMHO, the construction of these restaurants and the movie complex AND the high price of gasoline will have an effect on the West Monroe and Bossier-Caddo restaurants. BTW, The Mohawk Tavern (of Monroe fame and "our" place to eat since the 1970s) just broke ground in West Monroe next to La Bella Vita behind the old BBQ place that didn't make it.
    tm

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I have never tried the dry ribs - all I know is I have never eaten ribs better than at Corky's in Memphis. I keep the sauce at my house all the time, but, it is just not the same. I don't care if it is a chain or whatever it is, if it tastes as good as the Memphis restaurant, I will drive from Bossier to go eat there.
    You oughta drive to Hot Springs and have McClard's BBQ. Being from there I'm obviously prejudiced. But I'll put their hot tamale spread and ribs and frys plates up against anyone's.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Give me Monjuni's over Chili's ANYDAY of the week - I've eaten at the Bossier Chili's location twice since it has been open and I wasn't driving either time!

Now I do hear that S'port is getting a Romano's Macaroni Grill...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Is Griff's considered a chain?
    Griff's is not a chain.

It's an institution.

I don't think we are talking about apples and apples here. When I'm looking for a nice evening out to dine, I don't go to Griff's. And when I only have $2.37 in my pocket and it is 11:37 pm, I don't go to Monjuni's.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Griff's is not a chain.

It's an institution.

I don't think we are talking about apples and apples here. When I'm looking for a nice evening out to dine, I don't go to Griff's. And when I only have $2.37 in my pocket and it is 11:37 pm, I don't go to Monjuni's.
    Thanks for the clarification. Yes, Griff's IS an institution. That was the dig I was making as you clarified your post.
    As far as the "nice" chains go, there are good chain restaurants and unacceptable chain restaurants. Before you pull the trigger as I line up on the wall, however, I want you to know that I don't just categorically dismiss all chains. The popular chains are successful for a reason.
    Of course I can look at it another way, the line will be shorter if I'm gonna dine at a chain restaurant in Ruston. (Since you won't be darkening the doors.)
    Ain't America great?!?!?! (Gas prices and all)
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Big Grin Re: When Will the Silence be Broken?

Griff's is not a chain.

It's an institution.

Good Point, AD. As for me, I don't sleep in resturants, so I don't eat in hotels. However, like halftime adjustments, chains are overrated!!! On the other hand, if cooked right, chains can be quite good, depending on what type of sauce you put on them. But, as you know, chain resturants are all different, as the cooks usually use different spices on their baked or roasted chains.

TD
    ~~

Varsity Bulldog CHAMP9901 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by yobrefstank
    Uh the fine people of Memphis! The Rendevouz is the most well known bbq place in town. It is also known all over. To each is own!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

The Macaroni Grill is owned by the same company that owns Chili's.

I kind of like Chili's, but the chain stores, restaurants, and hotels have made every city in the country look the same. I prefer the local flavor when I can find it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

When I am out of town, I ALWAYS find the local places that are not chains. I don't care to go to a place that I can go to anytime where I live.

+ Reply to Thread