+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When Will the Silence be Broken?

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Re: When Will the Silence be Broken?

BD13,

You are correct... He is happily retired now... I have heard about Railhead many times, but I always go to my favorite in the whole wide world, Bartley's in Grapevine... Those guys have fabulous TEXAS bbq... I could eat that ham til I weighed 400#'s... I will have to try it the next time we visit...

Clyde, you couldn't be the one doing the health inspections at the Ballet house, could you??:icon_wink

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Hard to beat the Country Tavern in Kilgore, Texas for ribs!
    TYLERTECHSAS, we can finally agree on something. For all of you BBQ heathens, the Country Tavern is "The Holy Grail" of BBQ ribs. They are, by far, the finest ribs you will ever sink your teeth into. My gosh, it makes me hungry just typing about them!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Looks like UNT is adding capital improvements and has a plan ??

From Dallas Morning News ( ~ 3 hr. ago ) :

----------------------------------------------------------
    UNT might give AD extension

04:38 PM CDT on Thursday, May 20, 2004

By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

The North Texas Board of Regents will consider a new contract for Athletic Director Rick Villarreal today.

The five-year contract would begin June 1 and include a $155,000 base salary for the first three years of the deal. Villarreal’s salary would jump to $165,000 a year for the final two years of the contract that would expire on May 31, 2009.

Rick Villarreal

Villarreal could earn more than $275,000 in addition to his base salary by reaching a series of performances goals based on a number of factors, including ticket sales and the graduation rates of UNT athletes.

Villarreal’s base salary is currently $150,000.

"We have seen some very positive progress in our athletic program the past few years," UNT Chancellor Lee Jackson said. "That is why we are bringing this proposal to the Board of Regents."

Villarreal took over as UNT’s athletic director in 2000 and has overseen the department while it reached several milestones. UNT’s football team won the Sun Belt Conference title and played in the New Orleans Bowl the last three seasons.

UNT was in first place in the Vic Bubas Cup standings that measure the overall success of Sun Belt athletic programs as of May 10. Schools are awarded points in the annual competition based on their performance in each sport.

The postseason softball tournament and baseball regular season and tournament have yet to be taken into account in the annual competition.

UNT has also taken steps to bolster its program by improving its facilities and adding a softball program.

The school is in the process of building a new $7.4 million athletic center that is scheduled to open later this year. UNT also added a new scoreboard with video replay monitor at Fouts Field prior to the beginning of the 2003 season.

UNT’s softball team recently completed its first season. The addition of a softball team gives UNT 16 athletic teams, the minimum for a school fielding a Division I-A football team under new NCAA regulations that take effect in the fall.

UNT has also increased its attendance at home football games in each of the last five seasons.

"Rick has done a good job and has brought the passion back for North Texas athletics that may have waned the last few years," Sun Belt Commissioner Wright Waters said. "His enthusiasm is contagious."

UNT’s success in the last few seasons attracted the attention of Conference USA, which considered extending the school an invitation to join the league earlier this year. C-USA later decided to invite Texas-El Paso.

UNT has since stated its intention to stay in the Sun Belt.

Villarreal will become the second member of UNT’s athletic department to sign a lengthy contract this year if he and the board of regents agree to the new deal. Football coach Darrell Dickey signed a contract in February that lasts through December of 2008.

"We have talked to the presidents of league institutions about the need for stability," Waters said. "If you are always changing athletic directors and coaches you are always retraining and retrenching. It gets tough. If you have stability that is a huge advantage."

Villarreal said he is looking forward to maintaining that stability and continuing to work on the improving the program. He named raising money for facilities as one of his goals for the future.

"I have made it clear that this is where I want to be for a while," Villarreal said. "We still have some things to do, but I know those things will get done."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    I wonder why we don't ever see a "Plan" ?? Do we even have a "Plan" ??
    This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.

Puppy TheTiger is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    When ya'll get want to get serious about BBQ, let me know. Rendevouzz is way over-rated. The Mount Moriah Performing Arts Center does not serve BBQ, but they scored 100% on their last health inspection.
    It is also renowned for its culture and entertainment, so much that Ole Miss has been known to take a recruit or two over there to experience the finer things in life.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Did someone mention something about a performing arts center on Mt. Moriah road?

+ Reply to Thread