+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thought this might be interesting

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Big Grin Thought this might be interesting

A quote from Greg Popovich after the loss to the Lakers (posted in the football folder for obvious reasons):

"Popovich didn't seem to care whether Game 3 was considered a fluke or the first sign of his team crumbling. As his team heads into Game 4 tonight, Popovich said "adjustments are overrated" and the coach and his players seemed confident the Spurs would return to their previous level of play."

If the Spurs win tonight, I expect everyone to be here issuing an apology to JB in the morning!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Thought this might be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    A quote from Greg Popovich after the loss to the Lakers (posted in the football folder for obvious reasons):

"Popovich didn't seem to care whether Game 3 was considered a fluke or the first sign of his team crumbling. As his team heads into Game 4 tonight, Popovich said "adjustments are overrated" and the coach and his players seemed confident the Spurs would return to their previous level of play."

If the Spurs win tonight, I expect everyone to be here issuing an apology to JB in the morning!
    To paraphrase a famous political quote -

"I know Jack Bicknell and Jack Bicknell ain't no GREG POPOVICH -"
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog CHAMP9901 is an unknown

DEWAYNE, DID YOU KNOW THAT POPOVICH SPENT A SEBATICAL SEASON WHEN HE WAS A COLLEGE COACH IN CALIFORNIA WITH COACH DEAN SMITH AT CAROLINA, AND LARRY BROWN DURING KANSAS' 1988 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. I THINK IT IS FAIR TO SAY THAT HE WAS GROOMED WITH A CHAMPIONSHIP PEDIGREE. HE HAS DONE PRETTY WELL WITH WHAT HE LEARNED!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

9901, why are you screaming at us?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4956281/

Yeah, he's right. Adjustments are overrated and he must have done a great job since they only lost by 8 this time.

Actually, I will give Popovich a break. He is a good coach and he has a good team. When you are the defending world champions and you have one of the games best big men, you can say things like that and get away with it. When you give up the only win of the season to a bad SMU team, or continually get your ass handed to you in the second half of every football game....well.....

Sooner, I AM NOT SCREAMING AT YOU OR ANYONE. THE FACT IS THAT POPOVICH HAS ALREADY WON TWO NBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS! HE LEARNED FROM SOME VERY GOOD COACHES. SOME TIMES COACHES SAY THINGS THAT MAKE PEOPLE MAD. THAT IS LIFE. I SAW THE LAST COUPLE OF FOOTBALL SEASONS AND I KNOW THAT WE WERE BAD. MOST OF OUR STAFF WORKS HARD, AND I KNOW OUR HC IS NOT DOING A GREAT JOB. I WAS POINTING OUT TO DEWAYNE, THAT POPOVICH IS A VERY GOOD COACH AND HE LEARNED FROM SOME GREAT COACHES. THAT IS ALL!!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

CHAMP9901, Sooner is referring to your all caps. Its considered screaming to type in all caps. Its hard to read. We're glad to have you!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Champ9901,

Two points. 1st. Since you appear to be new to message boards, when you type in all caps it is considered screaming.

2nd. When Dwayne was saying Bicknell aint no Popovich he was saying Popovich is a good coach and Bicknell isnt. No one around here thinks very much of Bicks coaching abilities. In other words you both agree re: Pop; so no need to scream. LOL.......

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP9901
    Sooner, I AM NOT SCREAMING AT YOU OR ANYONE. THE FACT IS THAT POPOVICH HAS ALREADY WON TWO NBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS! HE LEARNED FROM SOME VERY GOOD COACHES. SOME TIMES COACHES SAY THINGS THAT MAKE PEOPLE MAD. THAT IS LIFE. I SAW THE LAST COUPLE OF FOOTBALL SEASONS AND I KNOW THAT WE WERE BAD. MOST OF OUR STAFF WORKS HARD, AND I KNOW OUR HC IS NOT DOING A GREAT JOB. I WAS POINTING OUT TO DEWAYNE, THAT POPOVICH IS A VERY GOOD COACH AND HE LEARNED FROM SOME GREAT COACHES. THAT IS ALL!!
    Champ9901, you ARE screaming at everyone on this board when you type in all caps. That is basic internet bulletin board etiquette that you do not appear to have been aware of until now. On most boards your posts would be automatically deleted as flames even if the content was not inflammatory, and you would be asked by the board administrators to stop posting in that manner. Failure to comply with those requests would result in banishment.

Hopefully in the future you will follow proper posting etiquette since your posts appear to have some merit.

lol! I here you.

+ Reply to Thread