+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two times is the charm

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Two times is the charm

Why do I have to go back to a forum after I've read all of the the threads in order for the color to change to show the forum has been read. Like all of the other questions I have had, I know it is something I am doing. I just want to quit doing it.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: Two times is the charm

1. Are you using the back feature of your browser or are you navigating back to the view through the tree at to top or the Quick Jump at the bottom?

2. Is your browser set to refresh pages automatically or on every page view? (If IE, Tools, Internet Options, General, Temporary Internet Files - Settings)

I've had some of the same problems and think it is related to the cookie issue and the way the board tracks messages, but I don't know.

Chris

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

1. I am both navigating back to the view through the tree at to top and using the Quick Jump at the bottom. I do not back out with the browser "back" key.

2. Under "Tools - Internet Options - Settings - Check for newer versions of stored pages" it is set on "automatically."

I've played with it a little more. The only way to clear out the unmarked icon is to actually open up the thread again or to mark all forums as read. Even if you go to the last post on the only unread thread, the forum does not get marked as read.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else is noticing this phenomenon.

Administrators, please understand that this is not that big of a deal to me. It’s a minor nuisance at most.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Yes, its "squirrelly" the way it works. I'm not sure what the deal is, but the main vBulletin site has the same issue.

I'll look into it when I get some time. I still think it relates to the way the forum is designed to work with the cookies.

Chris

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    I've played with it a little more. The only way to clear out the unmarked icon is to actually open up the thread again or to mark all forums as read. Even if you go to the last post on the only unread thread, the forum does not get marked as read.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else is noticing this phenomenon.

Administrators, please understand that this is not that big of a deal to me. It’s a minor nuisance at most.
    I am having the same problem. But I had this problem on the last forum as well.

+ Reply to Thread