+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sun Belt and Its Fans

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: The Sun Belt and Its Fans

I think it is great that we have so many belt people on the board. They remind me alot of my 3 year old. When she is playing and something doesn't go her way I hear her say " you aren't my best friend anymore." That is about what these cry babies are saying. When I saw how wonderful NLU was (yall can call it ULM if you want to), I really got a laugh. The thing I enjoy most is that they keep coming back to see what we are saying. Obviously our opinion is very important to them regardless of what they are saying. Well, guess what, we don't want to be you or join you, and we don't care what you think of us. That will not change, so go home and play now.

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderPride
    In case you haven't gotten the hint, and in this case you apparently have not.

We don't want Louisiana Tech in the Sun Belt. And I sure as hell don't want your God-forsaken school in the Sun Belt.

But it is necessary to remind you folks that we are tired of hearing your constant b!tching about the Sun Belt and your president's constant whining to every freakin' newspaper in the Western United States about how La Tech will stay and survive in the WAC!! BULLSH!T!!!

Most of us want a LOYAL, HONORABLE, and SANE institution of higher learning to join the Sun Belt. Louisiana Tech does not fit any one of those three adjectives! Louisiana-Monroe does.

Personally, I hope La Tech (the school, not the people associated with it) burns in Hell where it belongs.

Louisiana Tech's attitude in all this is an exact representation of what is wrong the world today. La Tech only cares about themselves and no one else! La Tech is egotistical, dishonorable, disloyal, selfish, and above all--STUPID, IGNORANT, and FOOLISH!!!

I don't want a junky school in the Sun Belt that has to rely on rich donors to make all the decisions for an institution's athletic programs!!

And whether Reneau or Oakes wants to admit it, they are nothing more than little whores and b!tches at the beckon call of a handful of wealthy businessmen in Ruston who just so happen to be La Tech alumni!!!

HOW PATHETIC!!
    Now THAT was a real mature post.

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here

For once I can say that I agree with Arkstfan. We do anticipate a significant windfall in revenues as a result of the Texas schools forfeiting their share. So why would we give that up when we don't have to?
    ________
    ST1300
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Puppy southerndawg323 is an unknown

Thumbs Down Re: The Sun Belt and Its Fans

Hey guys, avid reader of the board but this is my first post, Yea! Well I'd have to agree with the blue raider fan in the aspect that it is the rich alums that call the shots within the university. Also with the exception of the baseball stadium our facilities are horrible. I've also noticed that some people on this board have their heads in the clouds and dont live in reality with their expectations of louisiana tech, people, as long as Dan Reneau is President the athletic department will always be treading water, he doesnt care about athletics, bottom line. But lets also take what blue raider fan said with a grain of salt, he seems kind of bitter about something. Blue Raider I'll give MTSU, and ULL the advantge over Tech in facilities but as bad as our facilities are we will beat any school in the sunbelt in any major sport on your best day!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Anybody else find it telling that virtually every sun belch post is the same in they:

-go on and on trying to convince us how much we suck, and
    -go on and on trying to convince us how the sun belch is really where we belong.

I wonder if we'll reach the same level of self loathing and misery wallowing if we join (boy wouldn't that be great).

Finally, this blue pride dude is certifiable. Are you serious? First of all, how can a school (sans its people) "burn in hell" (as you so eloquently put it)? Do you want the BUILDINGS to burn in hell? If so, which ones? Nethkin? Carson Taylor? There was a time I myself wished George T. Madison hall to a fiery damnation. But I got my D in Differential Equations and agreed to let bygones be bygones.

Secondly, how is it that you actually know the names of our president and AD? I'm not sure I could name one upper level official at ANY sun belt school. We really are a fascination to you, aren't we?

Just out of curiosity. Do you check under your bed for Tech fans when you go to sleep at night? Are you afraid to say "F. Jay Taylor" three times real fast while looking in a mirror?

Up the voltage......

NOW that is funny stuff!

Puppy BlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around hereBlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by southerndawg323
    Blue Raider I'll give MTSU, and ULL the advantge over Tech in facilities but as bad as our facilities are we will beat any school in the sunbelt in any major sport on your best day!
    And this wasn't even our best day. . . . . . .:icon_wink

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

And this wasn't even our best day.
    It wasn't?

So do you tear down your goalposts when you beat ull too?

well cant disagree with that, of course we didnt have Mr.Moats then either.

In all seriousness Blue Raider, it's obvious that you guys have the most talent in the BELT how come you can't get past North Texas, watching them play on television they look horrible.

Puppy BlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around hereBlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    It wasn't?

So do you tear down your goalposts when you beat ull too?
    I think we would have had Louisiana-Lafayette been our first ever win over a 1-A team as a 1-A team. But they weren't. Louisiana Tech was.

BTW, we were talking about "MT's best day". We've had better days, like in 2001 when we crushed Troy 54-17 and defeated Vanderbilt 38-27.

wofford beat Vandy. Vandy loses to almost everyone.I'll give you troy state they are an up and coming team but Vandy?

if we are going to go with wins over BCS teams we can play that card to. Look i watch you guys play ALAbama a few years ago and you gave them all they could handle. MTSU has a better than decent football team, I thought you guys would rule the belt ala North Texas. Lets be honest if TECH would join the belt sure we would probably get beat every now and then to maybe you guys or North Texas but lets be honest 9 out of 10 times TEch would win the belt in football.Look I'm not like some people on this board who think Tech is going to win the national championship every year but as a realist i really think we have superior athletes then 99% of the BELT. Ask ULL they found out last year as im sure they will again this year!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we would have had Louisiana-Lafayette been our first ever win over a 1-A team as a 1-A team. But they weren't. Louisiana Tech was.

BTW, we were talking about "MT's best day". We've had better days, like in 2001 when we crushed Troy 54-17 and defeated Vanderbilt 38-27.
    It is not unusual for a new convert to 1-A to win a game or two against BCS schools or middle tier 1-A programs. The first year or two a new 1-A school has had the advantage of taking 1-A transfers because they don't have to sit for a year. But it usually starts going downhill after that because then you have to recruit against other 1-A schools and there is no advantage for 1-A players transferring in.

Such is the case with MT, you have gone backwards the last year or two.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southerndawg323
    In all seriousness Blue Raider, it's obvious that you guys have the most talent in the BELT how come you can't get past North Texas, watching them play on television they look horrible.
    I was just thinking the same thing. I asked myself "what in the hell has MTSU EVER done to give this BlueRaider fool something to brag about?"

The answer is NOTHING! MTSU can't even win the lowly Sunbelt football title, the worst conference in America.

However, I will admit that MTSU has served admirably as UNT's prison bitch since the inception of the Sunbelt conference.

HD

+ Reply to Thread